Bermuda in oct

jaydog240011

To be completely honest ... October would not be my favorite time to go to Bermuda. :o

Maybe because you live in South Carolina.:)

Oct. has always been when we have gone and I can't say enough good about it. The rainy season is over, and the humidity is over and we had just about perfect weather every time. The water has warmed up over the summer and is still plenty warm for water activities.

OP, the weather was cool the first day leaving but by the second day, warm enough to sit out by the pool. Coming back, it was the reverse with the last day arriving home it was cool to cold.

My only cruise to Bermuda was a few years ago from Norfolk (10/16/11). The weather was glorious and the seas were relatively calm. I'm going again this year on 10/23. I refuse to worry about the weather!

I'm not a water person so can't comment on the sea temp, sorry.

DD and I sailed about four years ago on Oct. 29th. We had a freak snowstorm in the northeast and drove the day before into Albany in blowing wet snow. We took Yankee Trails Bus Service into NYC and sail. It was a wonderful trip. The seas were fairly calm going down and the water in Bermuda was great for swimming. No humidity either. Coming back, we ran into really rough water in the Atlantic for one day but the trip was wonderful. Would do it again in a minute. Love Bermuda in October.

I'll join the chorus. We like October weather in Bermuda and are cruising there again this October.

The weather at home can be unpredictable...we came back a couple of years ago to our car being covered with snow at the cruise terminal parking lot, but the chance of that happening doesn't deter us.

I went to Bermuda at the very end of October and it was great! We went snorkeling and surfing. I probably wouldn't go in November, and some of the locals thought it was too cold to swim but us Canadians thought the water was perfect. Bermuda is also great in October because it isn't as busy!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I've cruised to Bermuda a total of nine times. Eight times from Boston aboard Norwegian (because I live close by) and once from Bayonne aboard Celebrity. I've been in July, August, September and October. The past two years have been in October during Columbus Day week and this is by far the best time of season. The humidity is down, the temperatures are still warm in the 80's, the water is still comfortable and most importantly the crowds are down (this makes getting on the buses much easier). Oh, not to mention it's cheaper too. So despite the cooler temperatures in Boston during embarkation and disembarkation, my family and I feel it's a great time to go. We are booked again for Columbus Day Week, see you there! :)

We ran into a small hurricane last year . Got in a little late,but stayed an extra night.

Weather was very good after the storm, The water was murky snorkeling the first day but it got better too.:)

Hi Biker@Sea, And I thought I've been on a few Boston to Bermuda trips, you've got me beat my friend. Likewise, we've probably been on more than one trip together. Will I see you again this year? I definitely have recognized some of the passengers (or groups of passengers) from past years. Cheers. Steve

ps. How's the Platinum status? My wife and I just turned Platinum after last weeks cruise on the Pearl to Alaska. Looking forward to the added perks.

pss. Not happy about the new itinerary. Another two hours wasted at sea!

Edited by Supercharged86

We've cruised to Bermuda twice in Oct. Both times the sea was like glass and the weather in Bermuda was perfect. However, as is ANYHERE, this is not always the case. You can sail out of NY/NJ in October and it might be around 80 degrees or it might be in the 40's.

Hi Biker@Sea, And I thought I've been on a few Boston to Bermuda trips, you've got me beat my friend. Likewise, we've probably been on more than one trip together. Will I see you again this year? I definitely have recognized some of the passengers (or groups of passengers) from past years. Cheers. Steve

ps. How's the Platinum status? My wife and I just turned Platinum after last weeks cruise on the Pearl to Alaska. Looking forward to the added perks.

pss. Not happy about the new itinerary. Another two hours wasted at sea!

And here I was hoping Wednesday Departures.

Love the Platinum More cheap Champaign than D.W. could finish. I had to carry off some.

The Le bistro Perk twice as D.W. plat. Too, I like. :D:D

Still hunting for a last minute deal. Slim pickin's so far. :(

Edited by biker@sea

We've cruised to Bermuda twice in Oct. Both times the sea was like glass and the weather in Bermuda was perfect. However, as is ANYHERE, this is not always the case. You can sail out of NY/NJ in October and it might be around 80 degrees or it might be in the 40's.

So very true, you just never know. But it's worth the gamble!