Embarkation at Cape Liberty, How is it?

slyster

We embarked on 9/6/15 for the Celebrity Summit. We arrived at 10:30. Sailed fairly quickly through check in then sat in the waiting area for them to begin the boarding process at 11:00. Celebrity had brought their flavored waters for passengers that they have at every port as you return. Since the seating area was full by 11am, it actually took us until 11:30 to be comfortably seated in the Aqua cafe.

I believe the embarkation process is dictated by the cruise line staff that is sailing.

I had a less than stellar experience checking in at Port Liberty. I use a cane and went to the one disability line. No one in my line received numbers. One agent checking in-- spent about 20 plus minutes with one couple; barely moving. Turned out I was talking to a group on my roll call that I met outside the terminal. I came inside before them-- I was still on line (without a number) when they boarded the ship. I won't use that line again!

I wanted to comment on this. I posted on another thread that we had a perfect embarkation on the Summit in August when we arrived at 10:45. All the disembarking pax were gone, it was a breeze.

My cousins and 85 year old Aunt got lost a bit and arrived probably around 11:30. My Aunt uses a walker, and they were whisked to a special line and on board in a matter of minutes.

We all hung around by the pool with cocktails, then ate lunch. Get to the ship as early as you can. You'll have time to make any reservations or go to customer relations if you have any issues before the line gets long. You don't need your cabin to be able to enjoy

Cape Liberty was an absolute delight.

We were on the Liberty of the Seas last Saturday (9/19/15). Got to the port about 11:15, dropped our luggage and parked the car. Walked back to the terminal (about 5 minutes), walked into terminal and waited about 10 minutes on the security line. Once past security, we were directed to a line based on our deck. Here the wait was much longer...waited probably an hour...going back and forth 7 or 8 times. Once at the front, easy check in and printing of Sea Pass and walked right on the ship. I'd say the whole process probably took from approximately 11:30 AM to just about 1 PM.

Everyone's experience is different. My Liberty embarkation in June was very different from my Quantum embarkation in Jan.

So if you're sailing in the next few weeks on Liberty, you will go through security and stand in a line to check in and get a number. How long it will take depends on how many people arrive at the same time and there's no way to predict that.

Anthem has yet to sail from Cape Liberty. If it's anything like the Quantum (and it should be), you will go through security and be directed to seating rows depending on your suggested arrival time. No D or D+ preference. Suite guests have a different boarding route. Someone will come around with an iPad and check you in. You sit and wait until your row is called to board. When I sailed in Jan, I was at the port around 10:30 and on the ship by 11:15.

IMO early arrival for the Anthem is important if you need to make or change any reservations or get any kind of tech help. I easily made a shore excursion reservation and got my Royal App working. Our small group had many dinner reservations, most of which we changed during the week. We were dining around 6:30 and never had a problem. It was fun to have the flexibility to go with the flow for a change, but lots of folks can't deal with that concept. One thing for sure - you will not go hungry on this ship.

Just off LOS (9/19/15) yesterday. Embarkation was surprisingly quick and easy. Arrived at Cape Liberty about 11:20am. Dropped luggage and DW at terminal, parked the car, and walked back to terminal. After going through security was greeted and directed to Gold 9 line. Maybe a 10 minute wait in line. After completing check-in, proceeded up the escalator and directly onto the ship at exactly 12 Noon, a mere 40 minutes after arrival. Did not see any numbers being given out.

Disembarkation at Cape Liberty was equally quick and easy. Very well organized.

We were on the Liberty of the Seas last Saturday (9/19/15). Got to the port about 11:15, dropped our luggage and parked the car. Walked back to the terminal (about 5 minutes), walked into terminal and waited about 10 minutes on the security line. Once past security, we were directed to a line based on our deck. Here the wait was much longer...waited probably an hour...going back and forth 7 or 8 times. Once at the front, easy check in and printing of Sea Pass and walked right on the ship. I'd say the whole process probably took from approximately 11:30 AM to just about 1 PM.

yikes and I consider that a long wait. Really my overall cruises experiences MINUS San Juan have been to board around 11 to 12 and the wait is usually 20-30 minutes top.

At least I can prepare for the longer wait. Not a big deal and at least I'm prepared for it LOL

IMO Cape Liberty can be unpredictable and you always have to bring your patience. Forewarned is forearmed.

The best thing about the Quantum was that after you went through security, they sat you down in chairs and the folks came around with their iPads to check you in. No standing in lines to wait for agents. The Liberty didn't work that way - you had to stand in line to check in and then got to sit down if it wasn't yet time to board.

Edited by 138east

Cruised out of Cape Liberty twice this summer. Only waiting was going through security. Then just kept moving. On board within 20 minutes of entering the building.

What time did you get to the port? Was there any traffic back up getting to the drop off at the terminal?

Suites have their own boarding area (not JS's I think - just Gold Seapass cardholders). D and D+ have their own checkin lines and tend to get lower numbers, which means they will be called to board sooner.

I was wondering, can you give more specifics on this? I have a GS and boarding the Liberty on 10/22. Where do I go up upon arrival? Through security and then there is a check in line for suites?

We have cruised out of Liberty many times but all before the new terminal.

Next cruise is Summit 2016

We used to:

1. Drop off luggage with porters.

2. Drive to parking lot and park.

3. Walk back to terminal and pass through security.

4. Fill out and submit health certificate.

5. Wait in line to check in at counter where we get photographed and issued our keycards.

6. Wait for shuttle to ship and eventually get dinged on board. **

** I realize there is now no need for step 6.

WHAT'S the process now.

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco