Grand Turk on the cheap

mehimand5ofthem

Can you fill an empty bottle on the ship from the buffet area? That's free and easier than looking for a store.

Sure you can. They may not let you take any open food (not pre-packaged and factory sealed) but we've never had trouble taking water off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Grand Turk is my favourite family port. The beach is right there and the roped off area goes out far enough to swim to the reef. We were there in December and we were able to see a barracuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far out is the reef? Could an 8 year old or an adult in a life vest (poor swimmer) get there somewhat easily? Thanks MUCH!

Julie

Do you recall if they still offered a tour at this place? When we were there last time, the place was called "Local Village Bar" and they had offered people to do a tour around island. It was only like $5 or $10 bucks per person.

Interesting. Was this a walking or bus tour? Trustworthy?

• 2 weeks later...
Everything you really want is FREE at the port. :)

For a family, check prices before you buy drinks at M'Ville.

We usually don't pay that much attention when on vacation but we ordered bloody Mary's and they were way too pricey for a really bad drink. :o At least if it had been good, we would have been okay about it. :)

Can you fill an empty bottle on the ship from the buffet area? That's free and easier than looking for a store.

We bring sports water bottles on every cruise. We fill them with ice and water or ice and lemonade to take into port. Cheap and convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Jack's Shack in Nov. this year and it was no charge for the loungers but $10 to rent an umbrella. There was another bar open in between the cruise port and Jacks...we stopped there long enough for son and hubby to buy a beer.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are on a Carnival ship you can also preorder bottled water to your cabin - I believe it's just $2.99 for 12 bottles - easy to always have on hand :)

Edited by Froufie

SOOO environmentally unfriendly!

Agreed - however the one and only time my ankles/feet did NOT SWELL up on a cruise is when I stopped drinking ship's water and switched to bottled water - yes the ship's water is desalinated but for some that is not enough to keep the swelling at bay...so I will again be ordering the bottled water....