Rebook SAME ship and SAME itinerary?

LMaxwell

Recently did the 4 night KW/Cozumel trip on the Victory. It was good overall.

Just been poking around for the future and saw the same ship/itinerary for late next year at a peanuts price that is really enticing and hard to ignore. I put a courtesy hold on it to think it over a bit....

Advice/input? If I put a deposit down now I have 18 months to get together AARP gift cards...

I even put a courtesy hold for the same ROOM we had the last time. it was a convenient location and nice size for an Oceanview.

carnival is giving me 15% off the fare for an issue we had onboard last time, and I figure I can scrounge up AARP cards in the meantime for 10% off.

With the current deposit sale, if I cancel any time between now and before final payment, do I lose the deposit??

Our last two cruises were the same itinerary. Half moon cay was chilly the first cruise so we rebooked. Did different excursions on the other islands so it really was like a different cruise. I say go for it.

Yeah, we got kind of rained out in Key West, so I'd love to go back. Cozumel our son will be a little older so we can venture out with him more.

And we can do different activities on the ship, choose things we didn't do the last time. It WILL end up being nearly 2 years between sailings so I'd hope the stage shows change.

I even put a courtesy hold for the same ROOM we had the last time. it was a convenient location and nice size for an Oceanview.

carnival is giving me 15% off the fare for an issue we had onboard last time, and I figure I can scrounge up AARP cards in the meantime for 10% off.

With the current deposit sale, if I cancel any time between now and before final payment, do I lose the deposit??

If you book under early saver, you will lose $50 of your deposit and the remainder will be held for you to use on a future cruise within two years. With most other fares your deposit is completely refundable as long as you cancel before final payment is due.

We leave in 13 days on Splendor - same ship/itinerary we took last February President's week! I actually booked this cruise while on Splendor last Feb. - same kind of balcony cabin, just dropped down to deck 7 instead of 8 where we were.

Last year DD and I did a Western Caribbean on Splendor for spring break (she is a teacher). This year we wanted to do spring break on Glory, Eastern Caribbean, but it sailed from Saturday-Saturday, and the difference in airfare was cost prohibitive for DD.

So we are cruising again on Splendor, Western Caribbean. One different port though, instead of Grand Cayman we will be stopping at Costa Maya.

This will be my 7th cruise, but first time in revisiting a ship.

Do the exact same cruise again ?

ME -Sure ! Why not . Every cruise is different . You meet different people ,

different excursions and nothing is ever the same

DWNo ! Why would you want to do the exact same trip ? Try something different .

Our last 2 cruises were essentially same itinerary and same ship. The only difference is Caymans had been traded for Costa Maya. We didn't mind it at all. It was a little like being on an old friend. Ran into old waiters and they remembered us. Also gave us chances to do different things in ports.

If you book under early saver, you will lose $50 of your deposit and the remainder will be held for you to use on a future cruise within two years. With most other fares your deposit is completely refundable as long as you cancel before final payment is due.

It's actually $50 per person that you will lose under the Early Saver rate.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Thanks, since it is so far out I will be sure to NOT book early saver in case our plans change. Not worth losing $50 pp in that case.

Still torn between booking way in advance to lock in a low rate versus gambling in the future and trying to book last minute (if I do last minute I won't care what ship, what line, where to, as long as price is right).

I guess I can always lock in now with a deposit; final would not be due until August 2017

Think it depends on the ports, some have so many things to do that one trip isn't enough. We have also missed ports on one cruise and then got to go back a second time, which is nice. Also the weather can affect what you can do sometimes so again a repeat can be more enjoyable. But it's what makes YOU happy not what everyone else thinks. Some people don't understand why we like to cruise so much instead of land vacations, but again it's OUR choice. Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

We always do. Cruising out of Galveston we don't have many options usually about 4 itineraries max....

We are also Galveston cruisers. I have heard that they are considering having longer cruises out of Galveston. It's the second busiest Carnival port and people are tired of the same itineraries. I am hoping for a Southern or Panama Canal.

Recently did the 4 night KW/Cozumel trip on the Victory. It was good overall.

Just been poking around for the future and saw the same ship/itinerary for late next year at a peanuts price that is really enticing and hard to ignore. I put a courtesy hold on it to think it over a bit....

Advice/input? If I put a deposit down now I have 18 months to get together AARP gift cards...

We're on the same ship with the same itinerary and same cabin number as last time. Have fun! Bill.