any one call HAL lately and turned off by the music besides me

pris993

Does ANYONE like being on hold - regardless of the music being played? However, since it is a serious problem, and tastes vary widely among HAL's customer base, it should be a simple exercise in customer relations to install an automated search program: "Press 1 for acid rock, 2 for baroque, 3 for country, 4 for Gregorian chants, 5 for jazz, 6 for easy listening, etc.

HAHAHAHAH.. you forgot 7 for mongolian throat singing :-):')

I am lol, I posted this because I did feel HAL's music was awful... figured calling and complaining would not get their attention.. maybe this thread might work better, hope so.. ...don't think they are doing a very good job in selling or marketing themselves... bb King blues or jazz... I do not know enough about the music to tell the difference but just know I don't like it.

The Delta forum over on FlyerTalk has a permanent thread: "Hall of Rants: What is the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You can Complain About?" We could start one here and this could be the inaugural entry ;)

I can see from the responses here I should have simply complained to HAL and will so... I think companies should care and they do not have option unless we give them feedback.

Enjoy the music the next time you call HAL... lol

Stay thirsty my friends.

7dab6bbeebfd906f8d9441d131ca39ae.jpg

Post of the day!!! Love it!

By the way, I hate the new "most important man" on the XX ads. I liked the old man. The new man just isn't my style and doesn't measure up to the old man. Why can't XX leave the old man as-is and let those who want the overly-energetic new man go another XX beer. Who do I complain to??? ;)

I can see from the responses here I should have simply complained to HAL and will so... I think companies should care and they do not have option unless we give them feedback.

Enjoy the music the next time you call HAL... lol

How about a phone with volume control .

Just for the heck of it, I just called HAL knowing I would be placed on hold on a holiday weekend. I'm happy to report that the 'on hold' music was not anything close BB King Blues (or Jazz for that matter). ;p

Actually the music was rather pleasant, but I did take advantage of that little button on the side of my phone called volume control!

OP should be able to sleep better at night now.. :rolleyes:

Just for the heck of it, I just called HAL knowing I would be placed on hold on a holiday weekend. I'm happy to report that the 'on hold' music was not anything close BB King Blues (or Jazz for that matter). ;p

Actually the music was rather pleasant, but I did take advantage of that little button on the side of my phone called volume control!

You should have been on the Veendam last month. They played loud rap music throughout the entire ship during a mandatory drill. Part way through some horrible lyrics "mother fu----, mother fu----) were heard. The rap music went on for 45 minutes and the movie I was watching on TV kept running but I could not hear any sound from it. I called guest relations and let them know how mad I was and also put it in my comments card and on the post cruise survey. I got an e-mail acknowledging the problem and they apologized. Hope not to experience that again.:(

You should have been on the Veendam last month. They played loud rap music throughout the entire ship during a mandatory drill. Part way through some horrible lyrics "mother fu----, mother fu----) were heard. The rap music went on for 45 minutes and the movie I was watching on TV kept running but I could not hear any sound from it. I called guest relations and let them know how mad I was and also put it in my comments card and on the post cruise survey. I got an e-mail acknowledging the problem and they apologized. Hope not to experience that again.:(

I am with you.. I would have done the same thing...

Maybe I got them on a bad day, by the way I was on a remote phone, I don't believe it has a volume control... too old I guess. glad to hear you had a better experience.

Did you read the entire thread before making this comment? :confused::rolleyes:

I could have shortened the quote to just include first sentence, sure. I don't see any reason why on a site like "Cruise Critic", we have can't have a discussions about music themes. Laughing at the OP, doesn't actually help anyone struggling in the 3rd world.