Cruise prices just shot up?

Dawnita

I was researching prices for a cruise on tues, and they have all of a sudden gone up by 30% in just 3 days!

Is this for real? Is it just something they do on a Friday?

The cruise is in March and not yet booked, and I have 2 rooms to book. Do you think the prices will go back down?

I am at a loss, as the hike makes it unaffordable for my family.

Thanks for your input.

Dawn

Edited by Dawnita

Thanks. Do you already have a reservation?, I was referring to new bookings, as I know current reservations cant go up.

I have a booking.

While my booking price cannot go up, prices can go up for new bookings in my category. Those prices have not gone up.

Thanks. Do you already have a reservation?, I was referring to new bookings, as I know current reservations cant go up.

I have a reservation but I did a mock booking for the same cruise and there has been no increase since June.

Edited by Big_G

They have to pay for the new updated website:D:D:D

2 Oasis cruises and 1 Harmony that I am watching each went up $40 today

But those increases are probably a lot less than 30%, right?

Its so strange! ON tues I checked the website.

The least expensive balconies $5634. Then I called Club Royal for the discount and they quoted me $4723. (same day)

Called them again today $6515!

What in the world???

I was researching prices for a cruise on tues, and they have all of a sudden gone up by 30% in just 3 days!

The cruise is in March and not yet booked, and I have 2 rooms to book. Do you think the prices will go back down?

Thanks for your input.

Dawn

I've been trying for several months (without success) to upgrade from an inside to a balcony on my upcoming Vision cruise, and I've seen prices fluctuate by upwards of $4,000 (for a solo) within hours, and several different rates offered for the same category within a day.

The only thing you can do is immediately grab any good price you see, because it could be gone if you blink. The way Royal is manipulating the numbers these days is beyond crazy.

Thanks for your input.

Dawn

Dawn,

I just checked three that I have booked. Two are the same price, and one cabin is about $150 (2.3%) less than it was earlier this week.

But those increases are probably a lot less than 30%, right?

Nope, one cruise I was watching, yes a 35 nightwear, recently jumped from $5 and a bit to over $10.

Why who knows, it stayed there for about a week and a half and dropped back to $6 and change.

WEll, I am sorry for this... It appears today, I accidentally picked the wrong ship! No wonder the cost was so much higher. Kicking my own butt right now!

At least your mistake turns out positive.:)

I think at times they raise the price to scare those who have been waiting to book to jump in and make the reservation before the prices go even higher. Many times they come back down. Airlines seem to pull this all the time.

The least expensive balconies $5634. Then I called Club Royal for the discount and they quoted me $4723. (same day)

What in the world???

Did I miss the ship's name, date & cabin category.

We're sailing Feb 2016 on Advaenture and booked in Jan 2015. We paid $2400 for two people in a GS. Did a mock booking for the same sailing today and suites were sold out. Superior Balconies were $4100 for two. Glad we booked early!

Wish I can get that deal. I've been looking to upgrade to a suite on Adventure in December. We have an E1 for $1,114. That includes taxes and port fees. Also $120 on board credit. Hope the suites go down closer to my sailing.

What in the world???

Why on earth would anyone pay 5000+ for a balcony? That is into suite pricing.