About Rose Room Spray

mara01

We have just come back from a lovely cruise on the Quest from Athens to Venice which was up to the usual standard with just one exception.....there was no About Rose room spray. On questioning our room steward he said it was no longer given out, when did this happen? Is it only on the Quest? It was certainly supplied on our Spice Route Cruise in April this year on the Journey.

I know it's only a small thing, but its sometimes the little things that matter:)

Edited by mara01

We were on the Journey in May and there was no About Rose room spray in the cabin, but when I asked the steward about it, he brought some right away. I found it a little odd that I had to request it as previously it was always supplied.

We were on the Journey in May and there was no About Rose room spray in the cabin, but when I asked the steward about it, he brought some right away. I found it a little odd that I had to request it as previously it was always supplied.

Non in April when we were on, thought it odd and just thought the steward had forgotten and it was not that important to make a fuss about :)

Yvonne

On Quest in May, I commented on it on the mid-cruise questionnaire. An officer (female, not sure who) came to the cabin with 2 sprays for me to take home, but said that it is being discontinued. A real pity as the ship had a lovely fragrance the previous year.

As an asthmatic I am glad as most places today are scent free or I would avoid them. Powerful scents like that stay in the bedding and drapes it is hard to breath in a room that is sprayed a lot. On Celebrity Aqua they have the sticks and I ask them to be removed and open the balcony door.

We have just come back from a lovely cruise on the Quest which was up to the usual standard with just one exception.....there was no About Rose room spray. On questioning our room steward he said it was no longer given out, when did this happen? Is it only on the Quest? It was certainly supplied on our Spice Route Cruise in April this year on the Journey.

I know it's only a small thing, but its sometimes the little things that matter:)

Yes, I too missed it (on Quest in April), but failed to question it at the time. I wish I had done so... as you say, it's those little things that you remember - and are important when you (aim to be) a returning guest... these days I think that returning 'customer' is more appropriate...

I am allergic to many flowers. Roses and strongly scented flowers are the worst. Does the spray have a rose scent? Most cruises do not supply fragrance sprays. I would not use them. There are many people who are against using sprays.

I am allergic to many flowers. Roses and strongly scented flowers are the worst. Does the spray have a rose scent? Most cruises do not supply fragrance sprays. I would not use them. There are many people who are against using sprays.

Definitely not...the rose is only in the name. It does not remind me of anything I've ever smelled before.

Wacktle...it is not being discontinued...maybe ACC is discontinuing handing it out since it now can be purchased online.

Just back from Journey and it's gone, but I will say that it has such a distinctive smell they are obviously using the last bottles up in the public areas on the ship. I would catch a whiff of it every so often.

Phil

Well, that's sad news. Did you notice if they're selling it in the shops on the ship? I was told they would be doing that.

Wacktle...it is not being discontinued...maybe ACC is discontinuing handing it out since it now can be purchased online.

Hi - The officer said it was to be discontinued on the ship. I didn't ask if it was available to buy elsewhere. I certainly didn't see any in the onboard shops.

Hi - The officer said it was to be discontinued on the ship. I didn't ask if it was available to buy elsewhere. I certainly didn't see any in the onboard shops.

I'll write to About Rose....the company is the one that told me it would be able to be purchased on board.....drat! It was one of those "little things" I was so looking forward to.

I think it's always sad when the little things disappear that make Azamara unique, perhaps Bonnie can clarify why it has stopped. I can't believe it was due to people complaining about a 'freebie', more likely due to the bean counters like the Harpists.

It is sad also that the Harp is displayed in Mosaic on the Quest, with a 'Do not Touch' label on it, sort of rubs it in!

I think it's always sad when the little things disappear that make Azamara unique, perhaps Bonnie can clarify why it has stopped. I can't believe it was due to people complaining about a 'freebie', more likely due to the bean counters like the Harpists.

It is sad also that the Harp is displayed in Mosaic on the Quest, with a 'Do not Touch' label on it, sort of rubs it in!

I agree with your comments. I always enjoyed bringing home the About Rose air freshener as a reminder of our time onboard Azamara. Yes, air freshener is "a little thing",but it is all the little things that make an Azamara cruise special compared to other larger cruiselines.

If the special touches dwindle away, then it becomes a decision based on $$ which cruise to purchase. And then Azamara becomes a more expensive choice. Pity.

I agree about the harpist.

But having seen a encountered an increasing number of requests to keep environments "scent-free", although not on the ship itself, I think it's quite possible that there may have been an issue.

It's not unheard of to see complaints on forums concerning excessive perfume.

Yes, it would be nice if Bonnie would find out...haven't seen her on here lately.

Have sailed on 4 Quest voyages, and loved them all. Have never had this room spray... But have loved the fresh flowers, fresh fruit and everything else.

Jen

Hello Mara01 et.al.,

I'll ask the Hotel Department to see why its been removed.

I experienced a similar disappointment many years ago. I worked for Seabourn and would go on the ships 2-3x per year. Their amenities were by Tiffany back then. I LOVED the smell of the bar soap and would try to bring an extra bar home with me. I'd ration it until my next ship visit.

Then one day they discontinued that brand on SCL. I even spoke to the Senior VP to try to change his mind. No luck.

I was able to buy it at Tiffany's in SF for about one year, and then Tiffany's discontinued it altogether. I missed it ever since.

But then, about a year ago, a girlfriend who had sailed with me to Costa Rica on Seabourn in the 80's, presented me with a bar she had had hidden in her drawer, wrapped in a ship's napkin all this time!

I haven't used it. I simply open the drawer where I have it and smell it from time to time.

Long story short, I understand what you're going through!

Bonnie