Change to Canaletto service

magandab

DW and I loved the sea bass and the clams at the Canaletto and will be having again next week on the Eurodam. We do look forward to trying the Tamarind as well. Have read so many great reviews of both lunch and dinner.

Just so you don't get turned off if you eat lunch first before trying dinner, I find the lunch is so so. Dinner is very good.

Just so you don't get turned off if you eat lunch first before trying dinner, I find the lunch is so so. Dinner is very good.

I agree. Dinner in Tamarind is wonderful but lunch is not so much to my taste.

Thanks for the input. We are looking forward to eating lunch at the Tamarind. Been reading excellent reviews h there and we both love sushi.

There isn't any sushi at lunch. At one time they did but that has gone away. You'll have no problem getting it at dinner. I can't wait to have dinner at the tamarind in less than a month:).

"sharing"? What was that? Just thinking about it gives me the willies. A friend ours posted a pic of something they called "monster drink" there were about six people sitting around the table with long straws drinking from one huge drink in the center. GROSS! And people wonder why they get sick! Good thing the picture was from a bar on land. (If it was on a ship the CDC would have been all over the cruiseline!)

We loved the Antepasta plate when we were at canaletto's the last time. (So much food, we did not leave hungry))))

I liked the prior menu in the Canaletto before the change made to the sharing concept on my last cruise. I am happy to see that HA has yet made another change. Maybe a result of pax feedback and low volume. I like to change things up between MDR, Pinnacle, Tamarind and Canaletto when possible. Admittedly, Canaletto is visited less frequently than the others on my cruises (menu choice). That said I can give one positive (IMO) in regard to the Canaletto brand named wine which at $22 a bottle (red), if I recall correctly, was not a bad value for price. It was not bad on the taste buds and compared to the price of others brand names was well worth it.

bob

So glad to hear they are back to the original course. We loved the antipasti plate, and the idea of sharing not what I would like. Only wish their Osso Bucco was still on the menu! That was my Favorite. I see they have a pork loin dish. hummmmmm, hopefully it might taste good, probably not as good as what I have had in Milan, but will see.

3STAR Mariner becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbiean Cruise 3/15/2015