3 Hotels to choose from in FLL and would love your thoughts

kevinandrenay

We are trying to book a hotel for 1 night pre cruise. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the Hilton Marina 17th St, Embassy Suites 17th St, or the B Ocean Resort. All of them are around $ 140.00 with taxes and fees. We have stayed at Embassy suites and really liked it. We also like to try other things. If you have stayed at any of these places we were just wondering what your thoughts were.

Thanks,

Kevin and Renay

I have stayed at Embassy Suites and would stay there again in a minute. Nice hotel, great location. Free breakfast and happy hour. Nice pool. You can walk to many restaurant and shopping options.

We are also looking to book a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites twice and a couple of times at motels farther from the downtown area. We will probably go back to the Embassy Suites as it is convenient to the cruise port, downtown, and has several good restaurants nearby. I found that if you go directly on their website, the price is slightly less expensive. The evening reception and full morning breakfasts are certainly factors in favor of Embassy Suites, as well as the shuttle to the port in the AM.

We are also looking to book a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites twice and a couple of times at motels farther from the downtown area. We will probably go back to the Embassy Suites as it is convenient to the cruise port, downtown, and has several good restaurants nearby. I found that if you go directly on their website, the price is slightly less expensive. The evening reception and full morning breakfasts are certainly factors in favor of Embassy Suites, as well as the shuttle to the port in the AM.

I've found that the best price the few times we've booked the ES has been by using lmtclub.com...even when comparing it to directly with ES or Hilton MVP etc.

Also the taxi rate from the hotel to get to the port is cheaper than using their shuttle..and quicker.;)

I stayed at the B Ocean Resort last year. It is on the beach and has a nice pool. We had breakfast at the hotel which was good and we booked a rate on LMT that included breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The place was clean, modern and the staff was friendly.

Recheck the Hilton Marina rates with the Hilton MVP program (you just have to be a HHonors - Hilton member to book - look at the corporate rate) as they often have some great prices. We got it for half ($79) of Embassy's price in early Dec.

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

Thanks for posting. I just checked this site and logged in with my member #. Funny, the Embassy Suites was the same price I have been seeing on the hotels dot com website, while it was $7 cheaper directly from the Embassy website. Since your website lists it as a "corporate rate", is there any special requirement other than being a member? Some of the other hotels are cheaper, so I will keep checking them also.

Since we are going the week prior to Thanksgiving, the rates will probably be higher.

Edited by montekat

Glad I read this thread - I had booked the Hilton Marina for the night before my 12/13 cruise on the Eclipse via Orbitz for $119/night (a very reasonable rate for a standard room). After signing up for HHonors this morning, I was able to get a tower room for $124/night.

Thanks all for the tips

How did you get the HH number to work? I typed my HH number in the corporate account number box and I get the message corporate account code not valid. I frequently use my HH number so I know it's valid.

Also does this trick only work at the Hilton Marina or also the Embassy Suites?

Thanks in advance for your guidance

How did you get the HH number to work? I typed my HH number in the corporate account number box and I get the message corporate account code not valid. I frequently use my HH number so I know it's valid.

Also does this trick only work at the Hilton Marina or also the Embassy Suites?

Thanks in advance for your guidance

It works at all the Hilton owned chains. What you do is log in to hilton website and first thing you do is enter your HHonors number in the HHonors section. Then go ahead and do a trial booking - it should show up.

I went to the Hilton site and they have a listing of various hotels...nothing with the name Hilton Marina.....could you let me know which one is being discussed as a good pre-cruise location? thanks

It's called Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina