Medical Evacuation on 6/18/17 from ms Amsterdam

3jesse3

My husband became ill the night before we were to dock in Seattle and was evacuated to the Royal Jubullee Hospital in Victoria, BC, Canada. Holland America was absolutely wonderful in helping me with paperwork, luggage, hotel, etc. as well as follow-up. KUDOS to a great team.

Also, the paramedics and hospital personnel do a great job. The hospital was very crowded but DH received excellent care in the ER and was released the next afternoon.

Until the last night we had a terrific Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam. We loved all the ports - our favorite tour was a float plane trip in Ketchikan with Island Wings. The ship is wonderful and a perfect size - we thought the food was very good, and loved the Ocean Trio that plays in the Ocean Bar. Almost the perfect trip for our 50th anniversary cruise!

I'm so glad to hear everything went well with the process. We were on the cruise with you and always worry when an evacuation is necessary. Thank you for the report and especially letting us know how HAL helped you in good fashion. BTW....we loved the Ocean Trio and only wish they had hopes of continuing to entertain on the HAL ships. Sadly the bass player told me that was not in the plan since HAL is doing away with that music on the ships as they are refitted. He asked me to make note of my regrets on my survey and in a contact with cruise relations. I have done both! Perhaps you could do the same? Best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery.

3jesse3,

Thank you for your post. I hope your husband is doing well. It is the HAL crew that makes Holland America stand out in the cruise industry. I have needed to utilize the ship's medical personnel on a couple of past cruises (thankfully not needing to be medically evacuated). Their professionalism matched that of my own local medical providers.

My husband became ill the night before we were to dock in Seattle and was evacuated to the Royal Jubullee Hospital in Victoria, BC, Canada. Holland America was absolutely wonderful in helping me with paperwork, luggage, hotel, etc. as well as follow-up. KUDOS to a great team.

Also, the paramedics and hospital personnel do a great job. The hospital was very crowded but DH received excellent care in the ER and was released the next afternoon.

Until the last night we had a terrific Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam. We loved all the ports - our favorite tour was a float plane trip in Ketchikan with Island Wings. The ship is wonderful and a perfect size - we thought the food was very good, and loved the Ocean Trio that plays in the Ocean Bar. Almost the perfect trip for our 50th anniversary cruise!

I remember your husband and you. Great to hear he's doing better! All the best!

Glad to hear your husband is doing better and that you had a "almost perfect" 50th Anniversary cruise. Congrats on 50 yrs!!!

Very sorry to haff of your DH's illness but very happy he is recovering well. Good to hear the help that HAL provided both of you. Congrats on your Anniv. both of you.... stay well.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and glad to hear your husband is doing well.

My husband has had a couple of medical issues on a HAL ship (although not a medical evac) and I have nothing but praise for the medical department and the front office when these types of events occur. HAL crew are the best when emergencies happen.

So sorry that your husband had a medical problem,during the cruise.

Thank you for letting us know that HAL took good care of you both.

Hope he is doing well now.

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary.

and loved the Ocean Trio that plays in the Ocean Bar.

Thanks so much for letting us know, glad to hear that your husband is on the mend.

I'll have to keep my eye out for the trio when I am on Amsterdam in a few weeks.