Any Country Music on the Breeze?

Matlily

From my experience, all of the cruises out of Galveston have had country music. Not all of the time, but more than I have heard on any other Carnival ship. IIRC, last year they played it on the Lido deck around the pool with line dancing, et al.

There is a guy that sings new country music in Red Frog and on the Lido deck. There's also a guy/girl duo who performs country in the Red Frog and in the lobby. They also debuted a brand new Country Music show in the theatre. I can't remember the name of it though.

From my experience, all of the cruises out of Galveston have had country music. Not all of the time, but more than I have heard on any other Carnival ship. IIRC, last year they played it on the Lido deck around the pool with line dancing, et al.

Thank you!

There is a guy that sings new country music in Red Frog and on the Lido deck. There's also a guy/girl duo who performs country in the Red Frog and in the lobby. They also debuted a brand new Country Music show in the theatre. I can't remember the name of it though.

Thank you! I guess I'll pack the boots!:D

Group of friends 35 of us that like to country and western dance? Any C&W music on the Breeze? is it worth packing my boots?:)

When we booked our very first cruise, way back in 1997, we were both into line dancing, so we took our cowboy boots, anticipating lots of line dancing. We should have left the boots at home. Yes, there was some line dancing, but no one wearing boots. Most everybody wore sneakers or flip-flops. Take your boots if you really want to, but you'll do just fine without them. And it'll be one less thing to pack. ;)

When we booked our very first cruise, way back in 1997, we were both into line dancing, so we took our cowboy boots, anticipating lots of line dancing. We should have left the boots at home. Yes, there was some line dancing, but no one wearing boots. Most everybody wore sneakers or flip-flops. Take your boots if you really want to, but you'll do just fine without them. And it'll be one less thing to pack. ;)

Yeah, but I bet that cruise didn't leave out of Texas. Trust me, there will be plenty of people with cowboy hats and boots on since this one leaves from Galveston.

Group of friends 35 of us that like to country and western dance? Any C&W music on the Breeze? is it worth packing my boots?:)

Yes - just got back from a cruise on the Breeze July 31 and there was a country duo. They mainly performed in the atrium but sometimes in th Red Frog. I would leave the boots at home - they take up too much room

Edited by dave_k58

Yes - just got back from a cruise on the Breeze July 31 and there was a country duo. They mainly performed in the atrium but also in the Red Frog. I would leave the boots at home -they take up too much room

Don't know about the Breeze but just got off the 4-day to Mexico today and we had a good group of cowboys onboard and there was a good amount of C & W.. DJ's on Carnival love to accommodate the party group. So tear it up and request what you want.

We were on the Breeze July 24-31. There was a great soloist in Red Frog each night named JR Herrera, he sang lots of country and older rock, he was great. His contract was up the following week, but I am sure they have replaced him with someone else.

Also a duo that sang some country in atrium and plaza. There is a country show onboard also, it was pretty good. Caribbean music and a DJ on Lido, but both were too loud to enjoy for very long in my opinion. Not sure why they think louder is better... Same with everything on Lido in my opinion. It is impossible to carry on a conversation while anything is playing by the pool. You will find country on the ship out of Galveston for sure. :D:D

Your country (yes I said COUNTRY) of origin shows Houston, TX...so WEAR you boots so you don't have to pack them, if they are comfy.

There will be country music somewhere, but space to dance may be another story if ya'll are GOOD dancers, if ya get my drift. Maybe on deck at night? Good luck & have fun!

PS Straw hat for the Caribbean, even after Labor Day.:D

When we where on in June the had a country duo that played almost every day. I dont think they where musicly very good but then im not really a fan of cou try in general.

They performed some country songs - but they were definitely not country singers. I think the performers are given a list of songs to sing and then are assigned a venue on the ships

Thanks everyone for all the comments.

I can dance without boots on done it in my flip flops and in heels last year so I think i'll so the same, there are 37 of us so we all mostly dance its quite a sight sometimes we had the whole atrium watching us last year and there was only 6 of us!! :D

With that large of a group you could book your own party in one of the clubs and do whatever you wanted. Last time I booked one it was around $12 a person with a 20 person minimum for two hours with an open bar and snacks. We also had access to the PA system.

That or the DJ in the night club could probably be convinced to play some line dance music, especially early in the evening when it's not crowded.

We have done 2 cruises out of Galveston and the country music was welcomed by the passengers! Every time the DJ would put on a country song by the pool, everyone would scream and start singing along. It was awesome.

There was also an acoustic guitarist on each cruise, who did Country. They were our favorite and we made sure to find them each day so we could sit and listen at least an hour. Just thought they were both the best entertainers onboard each ship.

We are sailing on the Liberty out of Galveston next week, I hope there is some country music. I like all types of music but it gets really old when every entertainer on a ship does the same songs over and over. (Legend in Alaska in June was awful, every act played same songs every day).