Ok, so who has Ambassador status and how long did it take you?

KyleClark

I'd like to read your MSC review. :D :cool:

NCL made us Plat +

And we got nothing booked till the end of 2018 to try it on.

Will do. We sail mid-August so I'll post some info after that.

You aren't going to try any last minute Dawn this summer/fall since you live so close to the port?

Will do. We sail mid-August so I'll post some info after that.

You aren't going to try any last minute Dawn this summer/fall since you live so close to the port?

I'm still broken hearted after the terrible new's that the head of my Norwegian family ( FDR ) said I ( The discount cruisers ) am UNWANTED. :(

My Money does not want to go back to NCL after being rejected by our new stepfather.

• Like 1

I've extended my existing 'earning timeline' into the future, and can expect to reach Platinum in March next year, Platinum Plus in 2028, and Ambassador at the age of 77, in the year 2057.

Sam.

• Like 1

I've extended my existing 'earning timeline' into the future, and can expect to reach Platinum in March next year, Platinum Plus in 2028, and Ambassador at the age of 77, in the year 2057.

Sam.

Oh my

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We just returned from the 20 day Repo on the Sun where David achieved his Ambassador status.

No, we haven't heard from them. I expect it will take some time to figure out all the semantics. I did call this morning and was told they are still working on it and all Ambassadors will receive an email.

Happy Cruising !

Cinci

Congratulations and many more happy cruises in your future!:)

Will be trying out Plat. Plus perks on Breakaway in a couple of weeks and have a long long way to go after that!;)

• Like 1

Has anyone found an official page or email that confirms reservations made prior to Feb 3 2017 for cruises taken in 2018 will receive the bonus points? NCL has responded to me via DM on Twitter that 2018 is included but it's Twitter and anyone can be replying to me. They seemed to have removed the part where it addressed 2017 cruises.

I'm keeping my reservation in tact because the double points for a 2018 will get me to Platinum but if it's not being honored then it gives me flexibility if there's price / promo changes. Thanks!

Has anyone found an official page or email that confirms reservations made prior to Feb 3 2017 for cruises taken in 2018 will receive the bonus points? NCL has responded to me via DM on Twitter that 2018 is included but it's Twitter and anyone can be replying to me. They seemed to have removed the part where it addressed 2017 cruises.

I'm keeping my reservation in tact because the double points for a 2018 will get me to Platinum but if it's not being honored then it gives me flexibility if there's price / promo changes. Thanks!

This passage is found on the Latitudes FAQ webpage: "You will still earn one point per cruise night and an additional point per night if you book in a Suite* or in The Haven™, or if you book with a Latitudes Insider Offer. We will no longer offer the additional point for booking nine months or more in advance. For 2017 cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017, the additional point will still apply; any cruise booked on or after February 3, 2017 will not qualify for the extra point. "

DW and I will be PP after out next NCL trip next June as we don't have any NCL planned for 2017. However, after our MSC trip this August I'm thinking we may be spending more time on MSC ...
Good for 2 of you and others about to reach the next milestone. DW & I got one booked later this Fall at a steal with tax-free sales, etc. Taking us to about midpoint to PP but not in any hurry.

Our plans for 2018 is to travel abroad & CCL is paying, LOL; along with dividends earned over the last 5 year (stock has doubled for us) - looking at X and Princess for a 2 weeks+ Pacific run. But, MSC might just be on the radar ... going to look for your trip report later this summer.

Besides, like airline's frequent flyer's program & mileage rules, rules and terms are subject to change - membership tiers are easily redefined & phrased out, with the perks diluted ...

The extra recognition is minor and really don't mean much to us - especially when we don't cruise for specialty dining. Alas, it is the basic products delivered that matter the most. We go into early retirement mode next year with a lot of time to do what we always wanted to do, with plenty of options to consider.

We just returned from the 20 day Repo on the Sun where David achieved his Ambassador status.

No, we haven't heard from them. I expect it will take some time to figure out all the semantics. I did call this morning and was told they are still working on it and all Ambassadors will receive an email.

Happy Cruising !

Cinci

I will be very interested in how long it takes to get that information. I'm sure they will have it all figured out by September when we achieve that level. Thanks. Hope to meet you on a future cruise.:)

This passage is found on the Latitudes FAQ webpage: "You will still earn one point per cruise night and an additional point per night if you book in a Suite* or in The Haven™, or if you book with a Latitudes Insider Offer. We will no longer offer the additional point for booking nine months or more in advance. For 2017 cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017, the additional point will still apply; any cruise booked on or after February 3, 2017 will not qualify for the extra point. "

Right, I'm looking for something that says:

"For 2018 cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017, the additional point will still apply"

So little for so much loyalty? There's not much of a difference between Ambassador and Platinum other than dining with officers and priority seating and the 1 time cruise with many exclusions.

We're about to reach platinum with NCL. Not too much incentive to reach for Ambassador.

IDK about that I also meet the ambassadors MKING8288 is talking about & they were on their 103 NCL cruise at the time. They are at 105 as of today. They ate every morning at Moderno for breakfast & Cagney's for lunch (their room that week was balcony 8th floor) They also received an upgrade to the Grand Villa during the superbowl & invited 50 of their closest "friends" from the bar so there must be a few other perks we are not aware of.

700 points to Ambassador - lots of ways to put that package together.

17 - 14 day Panama Canal trips booked in a suite with insider offer 1+1+1 x 14 = 42 / 700 = 16.667 trips

would be perhaps one of the fastest way to that level.

The suite and insider offers are the accelerating factors otherwise simply 700 nights somewhere on a cruise

does it:

234 3 day cruises

175 4 day cruises

140 5 day cruises

117 6 day cruises

100 7 day cruises

88 8 day cruises

78 9 day cruises

70 10 day cruises

64 11 day cruises

59 12 day cruises

54 13 day cruises

50 14 day cruises

But as readers have noted once reaching Platinum the Platinum Plus and Ambassador levels don't mean all

that much except for recognition and a complimentary perk here and there !

It is an incredible amount of time and money to get that status.

The most points I ever got was 56 for a Panama Canal trip booked 9 months insider offer and in a suite - the

most that cruise would get with the current day program is 42.

Getting a specialty dinner with wine; priority boarding and laundry service is enough recognition don't need

any fast track points beyond that !

Money would be better spent getting an upgrade (bid) to bigger better cabin with its perks - but to each his own !

• Like 1

IDK about that I also meet the ambassadors MKING8288 is talking about & they were on their 103 NCL cruise at the time. They are at 105 as of today. They ate every morning at Moderno for breakfast & Cagney's for lunch (their room that week was balcony 8th floor) They also received an upgrade to the Grand Villa during the superbowl & invited 50 of their closest "friends" from the bar so there must be a few other perks we are not aware of.

Those are special perks for being well known to senior officers

Nothing to do with being Ambassadors

700 points to Ambassador - lots of ways to put that package together.

17 - 14 day Panama Canal trips booked in a suite with insider offer 1+1+1 x 14 = 42 / 700 = 16.667 trips

would be perhaps one of the fastest way to that level.

The suite and insider offers are the accelerating factors otherwise simply 700 nights somewhere on a cruise

does it:

234 3 day cruises

175 4 day cruises

140 5 day cruises

117 6 day cruises

100 7 day cruises

88 8 day cruises

78 9 day cruises

70 10 day cruises

64 11 day cruises

59 12 day cruises

54 13 day cruises

50 14 day cruises

But as readers have noted once reaching Platinum the Platinum Plus and Ambassador levels don't mean all

that much except for recognition and a complimentary perk here and there !

The most points I ever got was 56 for a Panama Canal trip booked 9 months insider offer and in a suite - the

most that cruise would get with the current day program is 42.

Getting a specialty dinner with wine; priority boarding and laundry service is enough recognition don't need

any fast track points beyond that !

Money would be better spent getting an upgrade (bid) to bigger better cabin with its perks - but to each his own !

I agree. We're very content with platinum and the perks. We actually have no choice on the matter. We'll never see Ambasdador status. [emoji10]

as I have said before, the people who created this new Latitudes system did not think it through, Ambassador level should have had a few more perks than just the free cruise. I am Platinum Plus and very happy with it, once you get to the Ambassador level they basically have the same perks as Platinum except they get the free cruise and i don't think is incentive enough or maybe just maybe that is what they are counting on :-)

I still have 523 points to go. Who knows, maybe I will get to Ambassador when I am 90. LOL. :D

Actually, I am happy with Plat Plus perks, and especially glad to have the free bag of laundry. That's the very best perk IMHO.

• Like 1

I still have 523 points to go. Who knows, maybe I will get to Ambassador when I am 90. LOL. :D

Actually, I am happy with Plat Plus perks, and especially glad to have the free bag of laundry. That's the very best perk IMHO.

I have 402 points to go don't think it will ever happen

Maybe so, but is it really a matter of investing time and money to obtain a "status" known only to you and NCL, OR is the point really that you spent all of that time cruising on a ship?

If the time onboard the many cruises isn't enough to make you loyal, I don't see how a few extra amenities would make a significant difference.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey all ! I need help if someone have some time to help me out 😃 I try do to a website and video about NLC lattitude Plan.

I need some screen shoot of the web aplication , off course Hide all personal information i just want to review each part, only one missione for me to complet if the ambassador side. I show a exemple of what i need . Thx you very much for any help you can provide 😃 my email is haplopat@gmail.com

P.S. Sorry for my english , I am a french canadian si I try to get better 😃

benoit.png

• 2 weeks later...

i have tried to work this out mathematically. we are platinum plus and will have 229 points after our next cruise in march.

if you book 2 haven suite 14 day cruise, you will get 56 points per year. after 10 years you still only have 560 points and still need 

140 more.i'm 72 and this just isnt going to happen.  also i found out that the free cruise is a 7 day balcony. hardly worth the effort or the total costs i think. 

• Like 1