Ok, so who has Ambassador status and how long did it take you?

KyleClark

Yes- I met Sylva on the Sun last year- maybe Alaska. She said she was going to switch cruise lines as she couldn't get the salad and Escargot with the complimentary Le Bistro voucher anymore so and wasn't happy about that, but with the promise of a complimentary 7 day cruise I'm sure she'll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sadly, Silva passed away last summer. Last time we sailed on the same cruise, we were trivia partners again and our progressive team won. Nice memories. May she rest in peace.

Yes, it was Sylvia. The rep said she had been very ill for the last three years. I do not recall when she died, or if the rep said specifically. She, too, had sailed with her several times and was very fond of her.

Sorry to hijack the threa, but I am going to tell this Sylvia story. Sylvia had been given an employee name tag with her name and Ambassador designation. This was about four years ago. We were in the VIP lounge and we began chatting. She was elderly and certainly didn't look like an employee. We got t chatting and she explained her history to me. As it turned out she was in a cabin across the hall from us. One morning we were going down the hall together and her leg bandage (she was a diabetic and had leg ulcers) came loose and she was trying to deal with it. I asked if I could help and she said, "oh no, you would have to touch my bandage and it isn't pleasant". I told her I was a nurse and that wouldn't bother me. I thought she might cry. So we sat on the steps as I rewrapped her leg. I offered to do it every morning for her but she declined but I gave her my cabin number so she could reach me if she changed her mind. She was so pleasant and the crew all knew her and seemed to really love her. I think she was everyone's grandmother.

Maybe NCL could make her the next godmother 😇

Yes, it was Sylvia. The rep said she had been very ill for the last three years. I do not recall when she died, or if the rep said specifically. She, too, had sailed with her several times and was very fond of her.

Sorry to hijack the threa, but I am going to tell this Sylvia story. Sylvia had been given an employee name tag with her name and Ambassador designation. This was about four years ago. We were in the VIP lounge and we began chatting. She was elderly and certainly didn't look like an employee. We got t chatting and she explained her history to me. As it turned out she was in a cabin across the hall from us. One morning we were going down the hall together and her leg bandage (she was a diabetic and had leg ulcers) came loose and she was trying to deal with it. I asked if I could help and she said, "oh no, you would have to touch my bandage and it isn't pleasant". I told her I was a nurse and that wouldn't bother me. I thought she might cry. So we sat on the steps as I rewrapped her leg. I offered to do it every morning for her but she declined but I gave her my cabin number so she could reach me if she changed her mind. She was so pleasant and the crew all knew her and seemed to really love her. I think she was everyone's grandmother.

Maybe NCL could make her the next godmother 😇

That was Sylva.

I should be Ambassador within a year. Most of my cruises were single points. I've been platinum about 15 years, when I used to be the only one on the ship. :) I do sail other lines, lucky to be high/top levels with others as well. I've been sailing since 1983 , I now sail about every month, always picking up the late booking price dumps. :) Really like a bargain, but- the itinerary is a priority, I don't cruise just to cruise.

I am Ambassador and it took 7 years. David will be an Ambassador after our next cruise, 7 years also.

On another thread, another cruiser said, "Retire with two pensions; one to live on and one to cruise on." The only exception to that would be those whose incomes are in excess of a million a year.

We have had every cabin except the Garden Villa and the cabin at the head of the stairs (15000) on three of the Jewel Class ships. The latter is the only one I aspire to ;).

Finally got to sail in an Oceanview for 3 days when we were stuck in Miami due to the Northeast blizzard. American, in anticipation of the storm, along with United and finally Delta, cancelled all flights 18 hours before the storm so that their planes weren't stuck in the snow and ice further complicating issues.

Recovering from a broken leg with a brace, walker and transporter-type wheelchair, I made the executive decision to make lemonades out of lemons and hop on the Sky. Awesome decision ! The size of the Oceanview allowed me to test my walking without the brace.

We have cruised from a 3 day to a b2b2b2b2b which was I think 42 days.

We too, knew Sylva. We were aboard the cruise when she reached her 100th cruise. Quite a happy celebration.

Happy Cruising !! #loveNorwegian#freetobe

Cinci

Edited by davesgirl51
General info. Sorry if it contains a 'hijack'.

Am I the only person who thinks that the ambassadors are the last people who need a free cruise? If they can afford that many I'm sure they can afford one more...

(Sure I'm only jealous ha ha) :-)

I travel extremely cheaply. NCL's late booking deals are very favorable. I have no problem putting together my travel plans in days prior. I have a significant benefit of being a nonrev airline traveler. I am not loyal to NCL and cruise other cruise lines. The itinerary is my priority for travel. I don't just do the Caribbean over and over and certainly have my preferences. I sail in cheap inside cabins.

As I said, my points were for days I have actually sailed, only a couple times were the bonus for early booking given. I guess although being I cruise so much I am not deserving of any free cruise, but, it's a one time gift for over 50 cruises. I plan to use it for Hawaii. NCL is the winner with that itinerary and rates are up there due to demand. :) (I haven't read the guidelines, so it may be not included?)

I travel extremely cheaply. NCL's late booking deals are very favorable. I have no problem putting together my travel plans in days prior. I have a significant benefit of being a nonrev airline traveler. I am not loyal to NCL and cruise other cruise lines. The itinerary is my priority for travel. I don't just do the Caribbean over and over and certainly have my preferences. I sail in cheap inside cabins.

As I said, my points were for days I have actually sailed, only a couple times were the bonus for early booking given. I guess although being I cruise so much I am not deserving of any free cruise, but, it's a one time gift for over 50 cruises. I plan to use it for Hawaii. NCL is the winner with that itinerary and rates are up there due to demand. :) (I haven't read the guidelines, so it may be not included?)

Budget Queen - you are very deserving. Plus I feel regardless of how you get there, you deserve the perks you have earned.

Plus, you are a valued member of the cruise critic community and help countless members on these boards. I commend you for that!

Am I the only person who thinks that the ambassadors are the last people who need a free cruise? If they can afford that many I'm sure they can afford one more...

Maybe so. Ambassadors earned their perks, just like you have earned yours.

I use credit card points, shop the deals, often times stay in cheap cabins, drive to ports same day when possible. So I maximize my cruise dollars.

I try not t begrudge people what is rightfully theirs.

• 2 weeks later...
I am Ambassador and it took 7 years. David will be an Ambassador after our next cruise, 7 years also.

On another thread, another cruiser said, "Retire with two pensions; one to live on and one to cruise on." The only exception to that would be those whose incomes are in excess of a million a year.

We have had every cabin except the Garden Villa and the cabin at the head of the stairs (15000) on three of the Jewel Class ships. The latter is the only one I aspire to ;).

Finally got to sail in an Oceanview for 3 days when we were stuck in Miami due to the Northeast blizzard. American, in anticipation of the storm, along with United and finally Delta, cancelled all flights 18 hours before the storm so that their planes weren't stuck in the snow and ice further complicating issues.

Recovering from a broken leg with a brace, walker and transporter-type wheelchair, I made the executive decision to make lemonades out of lemons and hop on the Sky. Awesome decision ! The size of the Oceanview allowed me to test my walking without the brace.

We too, knew Sylva. We were aboard the cruise when she reached her 100th cruise. Quite a happy celebration.

Cinci

Congratulations I have a long way to go :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes.:)

We are cruising out on the Escape in 10 days. We will get to the next level after that cruise.

We took our first NCL cruise on the POA ten years ago in Feb 2007.

Unfortunately we had to cancel the Escape cruise due to Liz's Dad falling and had to be hospitalized. He is doing well.

Our next cruise is on the Getaway in October so we will have to wait until then to get Ambassador.

Cinci

Just curious, Have you been contacted by NCL about the free cruise?

• 2 months later...

We just returned from the 20 day Repo on the Sun where David achieved his Ambassador status.

No, we haven't heard from them. I expect it will take some time to figure out all the semantics. I did call this morning and was told they are still working on it and all Ambassadors will receive an email.

Happy Cruising !

Cinci

We're on the Gem 3 weeks ago with 2 Ambassadors onboard, according to the HD who also mentioned that there are just 50 or so in total. Also had 1 Plus member in our Roll Call & at the M&M as questions came up about the new benefits.

Via our iPad mini on Project Fi, T-Mo or secured WiFi, VPN secured w Tapatalk

The rules are:-

Complimentary 7-Day Cruise – Ambassador

Ambassador members will be offered a one-time complimentary 7-day cruise. The cruise is for 2 people in a balcony stateroom, third and fourth guests will be at prevailing rates. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cruise.

There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. No promotions are included. Taxes and fees not included.

Service charges not included.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

So little for so much loyalty? There's not much of a difference between Ambassador and Platinum other than dining with officers and priority seating and the 1 time cruise with many exclusions.

We're about to reach platinum with NCL. Not too much incentive to reach for Ambassador.

Edited by 2ManyCruises

So little for so much loyalty? There's not much of a difference between Ambassador and Platinum other than dining with officers and priority seating and the 1 time cruise with many exclusions.

We're about to reach platinum with NCL. Not too much incentive to reach for Ambassador.

Shhh. It is a big secret but Ambassadors get to steer the ship for one hour per cruise. Pretty cool.

Wink. Just kidding.

I am platinum and happy with the free laundry and spa discounts. Want more of same.

We're on the Gem 3 weeks ago with 2 Ambassadors onboard, according to the HD who also mentioned that there are just 50 or so in total. Also had 1 Plus member in our Roll Call & at the M&M as questions came up about the new benefits.

Via our iPad mini on Project Fi, T-Mo or secured WiFi, VPN secured w Tapatalk

DW and I will be PP after out next NCL trip next June as we don't have any NCL planned for 2017. However, after our MSC trip this August I'm thinking we may be spending more time on MSC as they bring the new ships to the US.

DW and I will be PP after out next NCL trip next June as we don't have any NCL planned for 2017. However, after our MSC trip this August I'm thinking we may be spending more time on MSC as they bring the new ships to the US.

I'd like to read your MSC review. :D :cool:

NCL made us Plat +

And we got nothing booked till the end of 2018 to try it on.

I'd like to read your MSC review. :D :cool:

NCL made us Plat +

And we got nothing booked till the end of 2018 to try it on.

We had our first cruise as Platinum Plus a couple of months ago on the Dawn. So far, the only difference I noticed was being able to board just after Haven. Other than that, not much different than Platinum. Will be on the Escape next month so we will see how it goes there.

We won't be trying for Ambassador but if we are able to keep cruising four times a year we could make it eventually....:confused: