Epic going away? say it isn't so.

motleyfan

My CC told me on Friday that the Norwegian Epic was going to be leaving American waters never to return. I really hope she's mistaken. Is she?

#1 - If you have reason to believe that she doesn't know what she is talking about then why would you have her as a PCC? I certainly don't want somebody taking care of me if I don't have confidence in their information.

#2 - Yes, it is true...and is sort of old news at this point. In case she didn't mention it, the Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit...both of which were previously deployed to Europe on a permanent basis, are returning to the US.

#1 - If you have reason to believe that she doesn't know what she is talking about then why would you have her as a PCC? I certainly don't want somebody taking care of me if I don't have confidence in their information.

#2 - Yes, it is true...and is sort of old news at this point. In case she didn't mention it, the Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit...both of which were previously deployed to Europe on a permanent basis, are returning to the US.

I believe her I was just hoping she was wrong. Where are the ships gonna be docking? Thank you for the info.

Sent from my C6522N using Forums mobile app

Yep: The Epic is going to Homeport in Barcelona after April of 2015.

I actually think this is a good move on NCL's part. Jade has been doing Europe for a number of years and has been popular but Epic is larger and some of the things American's, including myself, complain about, like the cabin bathrooms will be more accepted by Europeans.

I love what Epic offers but I dislike the ship itself. I'll take a Jewel or Breakaway class ship any day over Epic.

Take care,

Mike

I actually think this is a good move on NCL's part. Jade has been doing Europe for a number of years and has been popular but Epic is larger and some of the things American's, including myself, complain about, like the cabin bathrooms will be more accepted by Europeans.

I love what Epic offers but I dislike the ship itself. I'll take a Jewel or Breakaway class ship any day over Epic.

Take care,

Mike

I just wish they'd leave Cirque and blue man here lol.

Take care,

Mike

Why do you think the cabin bathrooms are more acceptable to Europeans? I hate those bathrooms. And the lack of a centre stairwell on such a large vessel.

I do agree when you say you like what it offers but not the ship. I was discussing this with my sister recently. We sail Spirit again this winter but the following year we have to look at something on land ( which we don't really want) or another line ( which we don't want at all) or see what NCL throws our way come summer 2016 (which we don't really want).

If this lead balloon sinks like I think it will it may be that we can afford to buy a balcony cabin each which will resolve the main issue but still leave us with the secondary issue. We are two people who are having issues with waliking but not yet in need of walking sticks or those scooters. We would have to choose our cabin very carefully to minimise the amount of walking per day as it gets pretty painful in the evenings after a day of wa\lking the ship or being on shore.

I believe her I was just hoping she was wrong. Where are the ships gonna be docking? Thank you for the info.

Jade is going to homeport in Houston, and Spirit Port Canaveral.

They are due to return to US in Fall 2015.

If you really want to sail the Epic again, why don't you go across the pond to sail on her in Europe?

Take care,

Mike

With us being so far behind the USA we are not used to such luxury as doors on our bathrooms in fact when I'm in bed I just roll to the side and pee in a pot at the side of the bed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mypleasure

Please go into your signature and insert a space line between the first 2 and the next 2 countdown clocks.

Because all your 4 countdown clocks are shown as one continuous line, causing us having to scroll lengthwise when reading people's posts in the threads you post to.

Thanks.

I really enjoyed Epic - not just the entertainment but the entire ship (sans the cigarette smoke in the middle). We didn't get to experience the bathrooms that everyone complained about because we were in the Haven. But, I really don't see how a room that you spend so little time in could be a deal breaker - especially since I heard there is a curtain.

However, I think people are commenting that Europe will complain less about the bathrooms because Americans are known for being very modest and prudish. I, personally, don't think this is a bad thing to some degree.

With us being so far behind the USA we are not used to such luxury as doors on our bathrooms in fact when I'm in bed I just roll to the side and pee in a pot at the side of the bed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haha, you European heathens ;)

In Europe many times the toilet is separated from the shower in separate rooms. It has nothing to do with being "prudish" and more to do with usage and space. I think epic will continue to do well in Europe, we sailed on her several times there and enjoyed it very much. As for BMW , if they continue to perform the same show over and over, I won't miss it at all. The new ships took the best of epics ideas and added back the promenade, "water front" - try these new ships they are excellent.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Now Epic will be based in Barcelona all year round after next year, what ship do you think would take over Epics old routes which included the TA's twice a year? If any

In the Caribbean Epic is being replaced by other new ships, Getaway already took Epic's old Eastern route leaving Epic to do the Western route that was previously done by an older ship and the first Breakaway Plus class ship (Escape) will be there to start winter season in Oct/Nov 2015.

Also, TAs and other reposition cruises happen only because the company needs to move the ship from one place to another. They are not done simply because they specifically would like to do TAs and other repos. So if there is no need to move the ships around, there are no repos - repos are not something that would need replacing.

Edited by Demonyte

In Europe many times the toilet is separated from the shower in separate rooms. It has nothing to do with being "prudish" and more to do with usage and space. I think epic will continue to do well in Europe, we sailed on her several times there and enjoyed it very much. As for BMW , if they continue to perform the same show over and over, I won't miss it at all. The new ships took the best of epics ideas and added back the promenade, "water front" - try these new ships they are excellent.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

The separation itself wasn't the main issue. The main issue was the semi-transparency of the partitions used to separate the spaces - or at least that's what I gathered from the numerous complaints regarding the issue I've read on this board. The actual separation itself is convenient I would think...because you aren't waiting for one person to finish this or that. But, some people did not like that you could see their silhouette while using the latrine or while in the shower. This particularly seemed to be bothersome to people who were cruising with new significant others, not immediate family members, or friends.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Also, TAs and other reposition cruises happen only because the company needs to move the ship from one place to another. They are not done simply because they specifically would like to do TAs

With NCL, correct. But some lines, eg Cunard, have a ship specifically doing TAs most of the year.

We love the Epic and are very happy it will be close to us on a more regular basis. Trying to talk Mr C into booking the Barcelona to Southamptom trip! However, I would be very happy if they lost the BMG somewhere on it's final TA :D

I will be sad about the Spirit and the Jade going - we love the Spirit too and wanted to try the Jade. I think we will have to look a bit further ahead and see what's happening. I hope they don't just have one ship doing the same route over and over in the winter season when they used to have two doing (slightly) varying routes/dates.

mypleasure

Please go into your signature and insert a space line between the first 2 and the next 2 countdown clocks.

Because all your 4 countdown clocks are shown as one continuous line, causing us having to scroll lengthwise when reading people's posts in the threads you post to.

Thanks.

Yes please!!!!

mypleasure

Thanks.

I was wondering why the page was so wide on this thread. LOL