Where do you stay, night before, in Miami?

qa4ever

Hi there,

Looking for something close to airport, preferably with a shuttle.

Something close by to port (do any hotels offer free shuttles to port?).

Something not crazy expensive. We are not fussy!

Where have you stayed, I don't know where to even start!

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks.

Was going to reccomend the Mariott M, but to assist Googled your ask and found this

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/hotels-shuttle-port-miami-miami-airport-105612.html

No doubt other CC users may offer cheaper options.

I would recommend thinking beyond the shuttle and staying downtown....normally you can hotwire a great deal downtown. We booked a stay last time and this time through Hotwire, total was between $100 and $125 and we got the B2 (something else now) and this fall we will stay at the intercontinental. There were so many wonderful little street restaurants, the Bayside area is right across the way to enjoy and walk along at night, and we had a fantastic view of the ships. Taxi to the port in the morning was less than $15. Two times ago we tried to go cheap and stayed at the Bay Mont by the airport with free airport shuttle and then shuttled back to the airport to take a shuttle to the port. The hotel was adequate, the area around it was dismal, and although we are extremely budget conscious I almost never find the shuttle worth the trouble for the cost savings anymore.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

We taxi'd to the Doubletree on the bay, and then a taxi to the ship in the morning. Plenty of restaurants and shops were in a little mall adjacent to the hotel. Marriott and Hilton right nearby as well.

Many recommend a Holiday Inn that's a little closer to the port.

Not sure any have a shuttle to the port.

As mentioned, Florida Departures board has loads of info.

We vote for one of the hotels in the Marriott complex. Their shuttle is $10. Very pleasant services, plus their shuttle runs 24/7 from the airport. Very convenient since some stop at 10

Stayed their twice.

I would recommend thinking beyond the shuttle and staying downtown....normally you can hotwire a great deal downtown. We booked a stay last time and this time through Hotwire, total was between $100 and $125 and we got the B2 (something else now) and this fall we will stay at the intercontinental. There were so many wonderful little street restaurants, the Bayside area is right across the way to enjoy and walk along at night, and we had a fantastic view of the ships. Taxi to the port in the morning was less than $15. Two times ago we tried to go cheap and stayed at the Bay Mont by the airport with free airport shuttle and then shuttled back to the airport to take a shuttle to the port. The hotel was adequate, the area around it was dismal, and although we are extremely budget conscious I almost never find the shuttle worth the trouble for the cost savings anymore.

I agree Miami Downtown is a quick taxi ride to the port and you should be able to get a good rate at one of the major chains on the internet. Intercontental/Hyatt/Doubletree/Hampton Inn Suites (Brickell) are all good choices.

Hi there,

Thanks.

When do you plan on going? The prices fluctuate a lot depending on when you cruise.

We usually stay at the Intercontinental but right now it is $354 a night because we are needing a room in February.

The summer months are much cheaper.

Bill

I just booked the Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell for our cruise in December. This is a brand new hotel that opens in November and looks pretty nice. I got it on last minute travel for $110. I'm not sure if they have a shuttle, but its 10 minutes to the port. I've stopped using hotel shuttles, its more hassle than its worth and I'm always too anxious to get to the ship to wait for them. :)

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in May. Free shuttle from the airport, free breakfast in the morning, and they had a $10 per person shuttle to port. Nice place and in a decent area. We walked around shopping area across the street. Several inexpensive food options and a Starbucks. Also a really nice grocery store (Publix?) with a deli bar where they made you great sandwiches at a good price. This place worked out so well for us that we have booked it again for our cruise next month.

We had read about it on this site. Also the Hampton Inn Brickell had good reviews, but it isn't by airport and doesn't have a free shuttle.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in May. Free shuttle from the airport, free breakfast in the morning, and they had a $10 per person shuttle to port. Nice place and in a decent area. We walked around shopping area across the street. Several inexpensive food options and a Starbucks. Also a really nice grocery store (Publix?) with a deli bar where they made you great sandwiches at a good price. This place worked out so well for us that we have booked it again for our cruise next month.

We had read about it on this site. Also the Hampton Inn Brickell had good reviews, but it isn't by airport and doesn't have a free shuttle.

This is the exact hotel that we stayed at for our trip in January. The hotel shuttle was at the airport the minute we arrived and it was a short drive to the hotel. Loved the fact that we could walk to the grocery store and a few other places. There is a nice pool outside and a patio which spent plenty of time sitting at. The breakfast was also a nice bonus and the $10 shuttle dropped us right off at the ship. If we ever cruise out of Miami again we will stay at the same hotel.

Several months ago I read a review (think it was on Princess) and the reviewer said in order to save money he and his wife slept in their car the night before, and it was his wife's birthday, too!

I too remember that review. I don't think my DW would go for that.

If you want to stay near the port, The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is literally 5 minutes away from the port by taxi. It cost less than 10 dollars for a taxi. The Bayside Market is across the street. It's a mall and has a lot of restaurants, too. I stayed there twice and it was less that 150 dollars in October. They have a restaurant inside and you can eat breakfast there or get room service. CVS is down the street if you forget anything.

Just stayed at Hampton Inn/ Brickell. #1 of tripadvisor recently. Queen beds, not doubles. free welcome drink coupons. free breakfast. Nice pool area. Walgreens within walking distance. Plenty of cabs out front at 1045 am to get to POM at your leisure for 25$ including tip.

Just stayed at Hampton Inn/ Brickell. #1 of tripadvisor recently. Queen beds, not doubles. free welcome drink coupons. free breakfast. Nice pool area. Walgreens within walking distance. Plenty of cabs out front at 1045 am to get to POM at your leisure for 25$ including tip.

Ouch. Just checked for the night we need in February it's $299 a night.

Maybe I'll be sleeping in my car too.

Bill

Granted we are staying next month, but DH decided to surprise me with a night at the Beacon in South Beach ( we stayed there for my 40th). The Pre-cruise rate was $220. I was looking at the IC, but DH says - It includes the ride to the port [emoji41]

Last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown. It was the Miami Marathon weekend and we had no other choice really that weekend and I really wanted to be downtown. So we went with it. It wasn't my first choice but since I wanted the location I was alight with booking it.

It ended up being a great hotel. The location was wonderful. We gave out suitcases to the front desk because we got there before check in and walked over to the mall across the street. The hotel being so close allowed you to go back and forth as many times as you wanted. Upon check in time we walked back and got a free upgrade to a corner suite overlooking the port. It was wonderful.

We took a short nap and then walked back over to the mall to eat a quick and cheap dinner. There's a walgreens down the street for last minute things, or wine for your cruise. This hotel worked really nicely for us.

This year I went for the Intercontinental much more expensive than the Holiday Inn, but I'm happy to spend it. :)

What taxi service did you use? Did you call a specific taxi company to take you to the port?

Last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed here. Anytime we travel, we look for an Embassy Suites. All accommodations are 2-room. Living room with wet bar/coffee maker/little fridge, then a totally separate bedroom. The full, hot breakfast bar (always good) is included and there is a 2 hour "happy hour" with free drinks! We normally feel it is an excellent value for us for the night we check into our pre-cruise hotel. There is not much around this hotel in the way of restaurants for dinner, however we did eat a good meal in the onsite restaurant after happy hour, and it was perfect after a long day of travel.

By the way, we are cruising out of Miami December 2016 and I don't think I can beat the amenities here, so will probably be booking it again.