Bamboo bedding/clothes

Noni

We have been on several cruises and the bamboo bedsheets and clothing are always of interest to me. I have never purchased them but am considering a set of sheets this cruise. Any one have opinions on these products? Did the company ship them home for you with no problems? TIA

I have purchased bamboo sheets from Cariloha and had them shipped home for free. They came as promised and I absolutely love them. I actually just purchased a set for my elderly parents while on a cruise last week and am having them shipped home.

I bought a set at their store in the Bahamas. They were sent directly to me from their distributor in U.S. They are very nice and comfy on the bed. Machine wash and into the dryer without a problem. I would buy another set if they had some new colors. I later bought a second set of pillow cases and was able to bring them home with me.

I bought a set in Grand Cayman and had it shipped to a US address. We then crossed the border and picked them up. They were fast and ended up being very helpful. I had been keeping my receipt so that I could get them across the border and then when I went to get it I couldn't find it. Without it I couldn't get it across so I phoned the US number and them ended up finding my receipt and e-mailing me a copy. They were very helpful and pleasant. I just wish that they had pink.

tigercat

Loved my bamboo sheets. Too bad they didn't love me!:(

Seems I'm allergic to the process used for making bamboo sheets and caused a really horrid "eczema type" of skin infection.

Just saying to use yours for a while before buying more. ;)

LuLu

:) Thanks all...I have wanted to purchase these for several years but did not want to make a spur of the moment purchase. Will definitely buy and send home to Nebraska. With this cold spell we are having (below 0* F), that cruise in January is looking better and better!

We love the bamboo bed linen. But as someone above mentioned, we just ordered it in the islands and it was delivered to our home from an address here in the US. After looking on line, it was no cheaper to buy in the islands then it was on line and we have purchased additional that way. Now, I'd rather go to the beach when in the islands then to a linen store. Not exactly along the same line............. but we love our bamboo floor, too!

Edited by marco

We love the bamboo bed linen. But as someone above mentioned, we just ordered it in the islands and it was delivered to our home from an address here in the US. After looking on line, it was no cheaper to buy in the islands then it was on line and we have purchased additional that way. Now, I'd rather go to the beach when in the islands then to a linen store. Not exactly along the same line............. but we love our bamboo floor, too!

Oh...I don't know...taking a tropical cruise to buy sheets is not necessarily a bad thing.....

I wanted to add an additional comment. We bought our first set a couple of years ago. We got another set last year that we ordered on line on "Black Friday" at a GREAT price (better then what they were charging in the islands)............ and Black Friday is just a couple of weeks away!

I'll also pipe in that I LOVE my Cariloha sheets. They are so soft and drape over our bodies so nicely. I wish they had more colors and weren't so expensive, but that being said, I will never buy any other sheets again. So worth the cost. And my DBIL has one of their t-shirts and he says it's the softest shirt he's ever worn.

Edited by julie3fan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cruise Critic...I ordered my cariloha sheets on line this morning. 20% off. Bonus of 50 % off of clothing and accessories so took advantage of that too. Now I can enjoy my new bamboo sheets before the cruise and not have to concern myself with getting them home from the cruise.

Thanks Cruise Critic...I ordered my cariloha sheets on line this morning. 20% off. Bonus of 50 % off of clothing and accessories so took advantage of that too. Now I can enjoy my new bamboo sheets before the cruise and not have to concern myself with getting them home from the cruise.

Congrats! Happy Thanksgiving ... and happy shopping!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Smart thinking. I was going to say to just buy them at home, that way on the off chance you have a reaction they would be easy to return.

They are great and wash nice, But if you have a extra thick mattress they do not fit that well I think our last mattress was 19, they barely fit and ripped about a finger hole in one small corner.

flash back to today we got a new mattress and its 17 and they fit like a charm. Just make sure you dont have one of them extra thick mattress

• 2 weeks later...

...and are absolutely wonderful. We slept on them last night and thought they were heavenly! My mattress is a bit thicker and I have a thick pad on it but had no trouble fitting them.

:) Thanks All! Happy Cruising!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post but just wanted to say that I bought a set of the sheets in key west and had shipped to my home. Maybe the quality is not what it used to be but I returned mine after about 6 weeks. They shrunk so bad and I already had a hole in them. They promptly credited my card. I did not enjoy them near as much as I had hoped.

They have them on Amazon - ship right to your house, free 2 day shipping and free returns if you have Amazon Prime. The Cariloha ones are expensive, but I believe they had other brands. Check the reviews - those that say "Verified Purchase" are legitimate.

I have clothing made out of bamboo - the fabric feels great, soft, huggly :) Natural fibers - for those who try to avoid synthetics.

You know that they make rayon out of the bamboo and that what you get, a synthetic rayon sheet