Luggage tags no longer included in eDocs?

bonesj0nes

Still there on mine. On the edocs in the section that says "At The Pier" ,there is a link that says "print luggage tags here". Click on that and a new window will open to your luggage tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still there on mine. On the edocs in the section that says "At The Pier" ,there is a link that says "print luggage tags here". Click on that and a new window will open to your luggage tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Must be too early in the morning.

Printed my eDocs this morning and found no luggage tags - is this a new thing?

Thank you! Must be too early in the morning.

You are not the only one... I was printing out my e-docs last week, and had to look at it several times before I found the "Print luggage tags here" section of the documents..... ;p

They mailed mine at 50 days out too. I will put the ones I printed inside plastic tag holders and attach the ones they mailed like airline tags.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you Haven? Thought I had read that Haven guest still get theirs mailed, others print online or get at Port.

It's much easier to just hand your bags over to a porter, show them your edocs, and let them do use real tags that actually stay on your bags. All of these head stands to print them and attach them to your bags without them falling off are a waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You really have to look to find where to go to print out the tags; they need to make it bigger and more prominent. We have never had a problem with stapling the tags onto the luggage; use a number (4/5) of staples and don't leave a gap along the 'flapping' bit.

I print my tags, fold them and reinforce them with clear packing tape, use multiple staples, and attach one each to both handles of each suitcase. Never had a problem. I can never fully relax until the suitcases arrive at the cabin.

I don't consider it a bother to print the tags and I like KNOWING the correct tags go on our luggage. We fly to the port (not too many cruises leave from Wyoming) so I put the printed tags in protective cases I buy on Amazon and tuck the tags in a carryon. At the port city, I rip off the airline tags and attach the cruise tags.

Everyone has their own preference, this is mine.

• Like 1

Yes, I am. I didn't know that made a difference. They should mail them to everyone.

Why should they mail luggage tags to everyone when:

A: They are available to print online

B: You can turn up without and the porters put them on.

Do you want NCL to spend millions per year posting pieces of paper that they don't need to?

I print my tags, fold them and reinforce them with clear packing tape, use multiple staples, and attach one each to both handles of each suitcase. Never had a problem. I can never fully relax until the suitcases arrive at the cabin.

I do the same. Including not fully relaxing until our bags arrive!

Yes, I am. I didn't know that made a difference. They should mail them to everyone.

We were in the Haven on the Epic last year and didn't receive luggage tags. When I queried this I was told NCL no longer issued them to anyone. Perhaps this has changed or it may depend on which port you sail from. As others have said, it was no big problem, just waited until we got to the port and the porter put one on.

• 1 year later...

My preference would be to put my luggage tags in an attractive clear holder and strap it to the handle of my suitcase.  Is stapling required?  What size are the luggage tags?  I'd also like to purchase a clear case for my edocs.  What size are the edocs?  I've seen the holders on Amazon but they come in different sizes and shapes.

2 minutes ago, Cruising Grandmother said:

My preference would be to put my luggage tags in an attractive clear holder and strap it to the handle of my suitcase.  Is stapling required?  What size are the luggage tags?  I'd also like to purchase a clear case for my edocs.  What size are the edocs?  I've seen the holders on Amazon but they come in different sizes and shapes.

The NCL luggage tags (and edocs) are set up to print out on 8 1/2 x 11" paper.  You fold the luggage tag along the lines and put in the plastic holder - no staples.  It is the wider sizer holder.  When I bought some on Amazon the description said which cruise lines luggage tags it would fit.