thoughts of the new all you can drink package?

vols159

It wouldn't be worth it for us, but for people who do drink a lot it's not a bad deal. I know a few people who are hesitant to cruise because the booze isn't included as it is at an all inclusive. For them, this might get them to try cruising finally.

I believe we calculated about $600 extra for this all you drink band for a 7 day cruise for both my husband and myself. There is NO WAY we drink up $600 worth of alcohol to make this worthwhile. We would be drunk the whole cruise! :eek:

- P A S S-

My finacee and I are not big drinkers - she might have a DOTD and a glass of wine and I will have at most a couple of beers a day. If we could share the drink package, it might make more sense.

Our last cruise with my future SIL's/BIL's, OTOH - they were ordering buckets of beer and drinks from the moment they got up until after dinner. Their final bar bill was waaaay more than their cruise fare, so for them it would be well worth it!

As with any program like this, most will try to get their money's worth. I will pass also because I would never have that much . (15 drinks per day)

15 drinks per day? :eek: Where did you come up with that? It's it $45 per day or something like that? That's only about 5 drinks per day by my calculations.

I think it just depends on the person and how much they drink while on a cruise. Typically, I will have a few frozen drinks or DOD's which are around $8.50 each so it would only take 5 drinks a day at that price point to make it worth while. It would be about 7-8 beers a day for my hubby to make it worthwhile so again that's not bad if you consider the fact that most people are awake for 15-18 hours a day so it's easy to space them out.

At first, I thought, "no way, we would never drink that much." And then I starting thinking about it. Over the course of a day, we could easily have six drinks. Have two or three during the afternoon while laying out, have another before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and maybe a drink before bed. And my husband is a beer drinker and I could see him drinking several of those too. He's a big soda drinker, too and this would elminante the need for a soda card. If I spaced them out throughout the day, I wouldn't be drunk... maybe tipsy by bedtime, but no way drunk.

Knowing exactly how much my sign and sail card would be at the end of the week would make it worth it for us.

For us in daytime 2 drinks maybe 3, dinner 1-2 and at night 2-3 that makes it lets say 8 drinks a day, so figure $8.95 a drink (those are the ones we prefer) equals $71.60 plus tip a day for each of us so this plan sure is a savings for us and we prefer to prepay this prior to our cruise also.

I like this plan please give it to all its ships.

I think some people are forgetting that this package includes the non-alcoholic stuff too... soda/pop, bottled water, etc. I know alot of people would get their monies worth with the pricy drinks on board, both alcoholic and non. And I hardly believe you would be cruising with a ship full of drunks just based on this program.:rolleyes:

whats your take?

Cruiselines set sale at a deficit most cruises...they recoup their loss on drinks and such! $50x7 day cruise is only $350. Most people that drink have a much much larger bar bill.

Reduced bar bills will mean Carnival will have to find other ways to recoup that money... increase in fares , and charge for more things that are currently free now!

While the drinkers will make out great ..the rest of us who do not drink will pay for it elsewhere!

Its nice for those that can take advantage of it ..they won't have the $1500 bar bill at the end of the week :)

It wouldn't be worth it for us, but for people who do drink a lot it's not a bad deal. I know a few people who are hesitant to cruise because the booze isn't included as it is at an all inclusive. For them, this might get them to try cruising finally.

I have family that will not cruise because they dont want a huge bar bill..i agree this may entice them to come with us!

I was considering getting this deal when I board the Victory. I am traveling with a group of 6, but in my cabin is me and DD who is 15. We set it up this way so DH and our other daughter could reserve a cabin too.

So, with that said, I won't be "forced" to purchase the package x2.

I would go with this package only if I could "share" my 15 drinks with the other adults in our group (not big drinkers, but we were going to get the wine package, bring wine on board, AND purchase a DOD here and there) ... I'm sure that all could add up to 15 drinks easy, and I won't have to purchase the wine package (we like to drink wine with dinner).

I think some people are forgetting that this package includes the non-alcoholic stuff too... soda/pop, bottled water, etc. I know alot of people would get their monies worth with the pricy drinks on board, both alcoholic and non. And I hardly believe you would be cruising with a ship full of drunks just based on this program.:rolleyes:

Where do you see that this includes soda/pop and water?

Also, apparently it doesn't include frozen drinks.

If I am wrong, please let us know. If it included water at least then that might be a consideration. But I'm pretty darned sure it doesn't include soda or pop?

I was considering getting this deal when I board the Victory. I am traveling with a group of 6, but in my cabin is me and DD who is 15. We set it up this way so DH and our other daughter could reserve a cabin too.

So, with that said, I won't be "forced" to purchase the package x2.

I would go with this package only if I could "share" my 15 drinks with the other adults in our group (not big drinkers, but we were going to get the wine package, bring wine on board, AND purchase a DOD here and there) ... I'm sure that all could add up to 15 drinks easy, and I won't have to purchase the wine package (we like to drink wine with dinner).

I think this would be frowned upon. You are not supposed to share the soda card so I don't see them looking favorably at sharing the drinks with your drink card.

Bill

Where do you see that this includes soda/pop and water?

Also, apparently it doesn't include frozen drinks.

If I am wrong, please let us know. If it included water at least then that might be a consideration. But I'm pretty darned sure it doesn't include soda or pop?

Poof goes the Brand Ambassador™

"More on the all inclusive bar program which I hope will help answer questions.

All Frozen drinks are included (including Alcohol Free Frozen Drinks), so if a guest wants a Pina Colada, Kiss on the Lips or an Alcohol Free frozen drink it is no problem!

Premium spirits such as Grey Goose, Belvedere, Makers Mark, Johnnie Walker Black, Bombay Sapphire and Patron Silver are all included.

Classic Cocktails such as Mojitos, Long Island Ice teas, Margaritas and Mai Tai are also included.

Sodas are included- no need for a Bottomless Bubbles card if you are partake in the My Awesome Bar Program."

Cheers"

and

"Just to clarify the following;

The All Inclusive Bar Program does not include:

Non-Alcoholic Beverages other than Soda

Drinks promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Liquor, wine and Champagne sales by the bottle

Gangway Beverages while debarking

Cigars

Cookbooks/Bar books

Coffee and Food items from the “Coffee Shop” Cafe (where applicable)

Beverages ordered through Room Service

Mini Bars and/or other in-cabin beverage program

Enomatic machines (where applicable)

All items priced over $10.00

Gift Shop, Photo Gallery or any other retail store on board

cheers"

Archived