2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Not only is way too early but crew moves are now becoming standard and last minute changes quite common. As I have said before on this board other than certain people never try and rely on staffing. For instance the opening team on the Joy are supposed to be back on the Escape - but I understand this is delayed.

Do not misunderstand me - I too like to know who is where but sadly it is getting more and more difficult with the number of ships, staff shortages etc. We were recently on two ships and all the crew we spoke were telling us that it is becoming very common for ship changes mid contract.

The Joy hasn't had any passenger trips yet. Inaugural is June 26 and having special sailings and showings for travel agents and inaugural cruise is June 28. Hotel Director Sean goes on vacation August 14 and doesn't have next assignment yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Joy hasn't had any passenger trips yet. Inaugural is June 26 and having special sailings and showings for travel agents and inaugural cruise is June 28. Hotel Director Sean goes on vacation August 14 and doesn't have next assignment yet

Yes but the fact is the team were only supposed to be there until end of June or Early July. One thing I do know is that the team do not speak Mandarin!

I know the position of the crew mean a lot to you (and to us) but we have accepted that with the number of ships and changes at the top. Look at your BA list in 4 weeks time!!

Yes but the fact is the team were only supposed to be there until end of June or Early July

Sean was doing a full contract there ending in August he wasn't supposed to leave earlier

Sean was doing a full contract there ending in August he wasn't supposed to leave earlier

I think I'd bail out after a month of rice dishes for every meal ... Lol

Breakfast rice gruel with soy milk.

Lunch fried rice with pork belly.

Dinner chicken with soy sauce over rice and rice pudding for dessert.

Lol

I think I'd bail out after a month of rice dishes for every meal ... Lol

Breakfast rice gruel with soy milk.

Lunch fried rice with pork belly.

Dinner chicken with soy sauce over rice and rice pudding for dessert.

Lol

Hahahahaha

I just finished a cruise on the Star and while I forgot to take notes, I can remember a few of the senior staff members:

Captain Mattias from Sweden - sounded like a nice fellow, gave much information about the history and mythology of every port of call, but I did not see him once

Cruise Director Vincent Teschel from the USA - I believe it's his first assignment in this quality and he did a good job. Good entertainer, crazy young guy, would fit the vibe of the Escape better where the customers are younger but the Escape already has a great CD, Andre Gaffney!

F&B Director Messiah Ritzinger from Germany - always to be seen at the buffet, approachable by staff and customers.

Hotel Director Djamel from France - I don't know why people care about the Hotel Director. The cabin Steward is much more important in my opinion.

Hotel Director Djamel from France - I don't know why people care about the Hotel Director. The cabin Steward is much more important in my opinion.

IME, the HD sets the tone & mood for the crew. There are times that I don't know who the HD is but I could guess by the tone/mood of the crew. Plus, there are a couple I just love to see and hang out with.

IME, the HD sets the tone & mood for the crew. There are times that I don't know who the HD is but I could guess by the tone/mood of the crew. Plus, there are a couple I just love to see and hang out with.

I agree

Djamel Benatmane had been on the Breakaway as HD and Asst HD and F&B director for several of our cruises and then he sort of disappeared. Good to know he is still in the fleet.

• 2 weeks later...

An end of an era today and whilst this thread is nice shows how out of date it can become without notice. I know a lot of people love it as do we but its time is probably up with all the changes now going on. I assure there are more surprises on the way!

One the most genuine nice and thoroughly brilliant HD left NCL today. Suzie you know the name but I am not going to publish it - I am sure it will be on soon somewhere.. 20 years of service is not easily replaceable id at all.

This was followed by the departure of the most lovable of Captains of 18 years experience - again we will miss him too.

May I say that I think the pressure of being a public company are now starting to impact on the ships. If one reads the accounts and I have they state that a risk is the inability to hire senior crew. This is now proving true. We passengers have to accept that we are nothing more than profit centers for the company and the crew tasked with delivery under extreme pressure. We need to deliver shareholder value.

We have to face facts NCL is changing and for us oldies the time of change is upon us.

They have now lost two of brightest finest and best HD in the industry with Prem leaving last year.

Lets conclude by wishing both these gentlemen all the luck in the world and hope our paths cross again as they have enriched our family lives. Lets thank them for the years of service they gave us all.

NCL have some big holes to fill and whilst newbies will know no different it will not be the same

An end of an era today and whilst this thread is nice shows how out of date it can become without notice. I know a lot of people love it as do we but its time is probably up with all the changes now going on. I assure there are more surprises on the way!

One the most genuine nice and thoroughly brilliant HD left NCL today. Suzie you know the name but I am not going to publish it - I am sure it will be on soon somewhere.. 20 years of service is not easily replaceable id at all.

This was followed by the departure of the most lovable of Captains of 18 years experience - again we will miss him too.

May I say that I think the pressure of being a public company are now starting to impact on the ships. If one reads the accounts and I have they state that a risk is the inability to hire senior crew. This is now proving true. We passengers have to accept that we are nothing more than profit centers for the company and the crew tasked with delivery under extreme pressure. We need to deliver shareholder value.

We have to face facts NCL is changing and for us oldies the time of change is upon us.

They have now lost two of brightest finest and best HD in the industry with Prem leaving last year.

Lets conclude by wishing both these gentlemen all the luck in the world and hope our paths cross again as they have enriched our family lives. Lets thank them for the years of service they gave us all.

NCL have some big holes to fill and whilst newbies will know no different it will not be the same

They both will be missed

sorry matey - dechipher? dechipher what. He has put his family first. Oh and yes he did mean career. Do you join me in wishing them both all the best?

Oh and BTW since you like to let everybody in on peoples personal life why not publish the Captains farewell or are you not privy to that?

Bad day for NCL and I believe they know it.

They will survive but we will not make (albeit get close) to Ambassador level

We are off to .............. Lets keep that bit private for now

On first reading, I thought I detected a touch of smarm in your post. On second reading, I wrote it off to good natured jest and humor. Musti's farewell was emailed to a great many of his fans and friends. I believe, its warmth and fondness for others is, and will continue to be, a fitting memorial to him and why he was beloved by so many of his guests.

As for Capt. Mikael Hilden, I don't have any written material with which to memorialize him but perhaps this photo will suffice.

NCL%20Capt%20Mikael%20Hilden%20Retires_zpsyahrvxog.jpg

On first reading, I thought I detected a bit of smarm in your post. On second reading, I wrote it off to good natured jest and humor. Musti's farewell was emailed to a great many of his fans and friends. I believe, its warmth and fondness for others is, and will continue to be, a fitting memorial to him and why he was beloved by so many of his guests.

As for Capt. Mikael Hilden, I don't have any written material with which to memorialize him but perhaps this photo will suffice.

NCL%20Capt%20Mikael%20Hilden%20Retires_zpsyahrvxog.jpg

No smarm and I apologise if it read that way. As this is a public forum not much one can say but you are on the money with his guests and friends. Indeed we count ourselves in that legion.

I think its fair to say when he was on the ship the feel was just amazing.

Again my apologies for the tone it was jest but English Jest :)

No smarm and I apologise if it read that way. As this is a public forum not much one can say but you are on the money with his guests and friends. Indeed we count ourselves in that legion.

I think its fair to say when he was on the ship the feel was just amazing.

Again my apologies for the tone it was jest but English Jest :)

You were "jest" being English and I was "jest" being Irish. LOL

Hey everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows what orficers / CD / ACD will be on the Breakaway in August of this Year?

Also, I’m curious if anyone knows where the following staff may be these days? I really want to thank them with gifts if any have transferred to the Breakaway..

Virginia (former Escspe Haven Concierge)

Arnie (Haven Butler last year)

Jenmark (Group Coordinator)

Captain Mikal Hilden has also made public that he is leaving The Company.

What sad news for NCL

. We have had capt. Mikal on two cruises, and invited to dinner with him. Wonderful, warm and fun. We had quite a chat about our love of certain brand espresso machines. :p

Will also miss Prem. Lovely man, excellent HD with already 20 years under his belt before coming to NCL. True professional with staff and passengers.

Last cruise ,

HD had no clue how to handle problem , passed it off to staff, which totally dropped ball. Had to follow up twice then, finally, he realized nothing had been done.:rolleyes:

Hope next 🚢 cruise is better.

What sad news for NCL

. We have had capt. Mikal on two cruises, and invited to dinner with him. Wonderful, warm and fun. We had quite a chat about our love of certain brand espresso machines. :p

Will also miss Prem. Lovely man, excellent HD with already 20 years under his belt before coming to NCL. True professional with staff and passengers.

Last cruise ,

HD had no clue how to handle problem , passed it off to staff, which totally dropped ball. Had to follow up twice then, finally, he realized nothing had been done.:rolleyes:

Hope next 🚢 cruise is better.

That sums up Prem he is a true professional and one of the best. One not mentioned often but equally as impressive is Richard Janicki.