Hotel Recommendation for pre cruise stay San Pedro, Ca

atdahop

The West Coast departure board has lots of suggestions.

Be careful of very cheap hotels in Long Beach. Some specialize in renting by the month or hour.

Try Priceline. People have been getting very good rates at the Crown Plaza thru there.

In San pedro: Crown Plaza, medium priced, Sunrise Hotel, lower priced, but still nice. Both of these hotels are right next to the waterfront area, within walking distance of restaurants and other attractions. Doubletree hotel at the marina, medium priced, but hotel is about a mile south of the active waterfront area.

We are a three hour drive from San Pedro, so have stayed at the Doubletree about 4 times. Free safe parking while on the cruise, free prompt friendly shuttle to and from ship, nice hotel, and warm chocolate chip cookies! Rates are good if you plan ahead....free parking pays for the room rate for 7 day or more cruise. The Vagabond we tried once (cheaper) and had free parking, but you get what you pay for. Adequate cheap room but to us not worth the lower rate. If we did not need parking, of course, our choices would possibly be different.

Hi,

I cruised out of San Pedro in September 2013 on the Golden Princess. I stayed the night before the cruise on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. As an ocean liner fan, I really enjoyed my stay.

We did that for two nights before one Princess cruise.

A great way to see what ocean liners used to be like.

Crown Plaza has a great package....stay the night before the cruise and leave your car there. They have a shuttle to take you and pick you up. They also have the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. I think they also have a free breakfast buffet the day of the cruise (I think it's free but can't totally remember).

Simply can't go wrong with the Crowne Plaza Hotel! :D Great package and if you go on Priceline and bid you can get an even better rate! :p Oh did I mention that it has "free" covered parking for the duration of the cruise! :eek:

Just wondering if you could make your font a little larger....it's difficult to read...or maybe it's just my eyes:D

If you are into the cruise theme and like ships history then you cant go wrong with the Queen Mary Hotel in Long Beach. I recently left a cruise in San Pedro and spent 2 nights after the cruise staying on that old ocean liner in Long Beach. A great experience and only a short ride from the cruise terminal. If I ever needed a hotel in that area again I would definitely stay there every time.

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice; got a great rate both times on Hotwire (under $70 once, under $90 the other). It's very convenient to the port, has restaurants nearby and free transfers to the ship.

I've heard good things about the Doubletree too.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

If you are into the cruise theme and like ships history then you cant go wrong with the Queen Mary Hotel in Long Beach. I recently left a cruise in San Pedro and spent 2 nights after the cruise staying on that old ocean liner in Long Beach. A great experience and only a short ride from the cruise terminal. If I ever needed a hotel in that area again I would definitely stay there every time.

We also stayed at the Queen Mary before catching a cruise from San Pedro. Will stay there again next time. Very interesting to compare one of the great ocean liners to modern cruise ships.

Edited by RDC1