Has Anyone Not gotten a Guarantee Assignment

CruisingChick

We booked Celebrity Summit sailing on 9/24/2017 two weeks ago. We booked a guarantee Ocean View cabin with Go Big offer. Shortly after that is was showing OVs sold out. Now today it's showing the entire cruise sold out. We still have not gotten our stateroom assignment.

In this day and age with computers and up to the minute booking info, I don't understand why it would take so long. We are only 25 days until the cruise so I am curious if anyone has had this problem before and when will we know if we have a stateroom or not.

You do have a stateroom, they just haven't assigned it yet. They can wait until the week of or even let you know at checkin, or so I've heard. We've booked guarantees before and had some assignments show up immediately and others just a few days from sailaway. It'll happen!

c - I do not remember where, but someone in your circumstances had a similar issue whereby they booked a verandah Gty cabin and was down-graded to an inside cabin. Not happy at all.

Upon their checking further, the ship is sold out. Could be your sailing, but not sure.

Have you contacted X or Captains Club for assistance and insight?

Did you book this after final payment date?

bon voyage

You do have a stateroom, they just haven't assigned it yet. They can wait until the week of or even let you know at checkin, or so I've heard. We've booked guarantees before and had some assignments show up immediately and others just a few days from sailaway. It'll happen!

Thanks. We have booked guarantees before but usually have stateroom assigned in a week. Once it was the next day. But we've never booked a cruise where it's showing the cruise is SOLD OUT in all categories. OVs were showing sold out shortly after we booked, like a day or two later.

We only did it once but got our assignment two weeks before the cruise. It was an upgrade at that!

There was recently a blog somewhere (not sure if it was on Cruise Critic or elsewhere) where a bunch of people with guarantees were either downgraded or unable to cruise. This is very, very, very, very rare. It was apparently due to some plumbing issues or flooding or similar that left I think it was 25 cabins uninhabitable. In my many (25+) years of cruising X that is the only time I have ever heard about something like that so I wouldn't worry.

There are cancellations all the time right up to the time of departure. I suspect the longer you wait for an assignment the happier you might be. I wouldn't worry about it too much although I do like to know I'm all set. Like others when I have booked a GTY it was much earlier and was assigned within a couple of weeks.

We booked the Sept. 24 cruise just last week and were told we'd probably be assigned a cabin 2 weeks out. This is our first late booking and first GTY cabin, it does make me slightly anxious! But I have no doubt there will be cancellations. Hopefully we'll both be delighted with what we get!

Thanks Larry. I wish. Frank retired at the beginning of June. Unfortunately I have a few more years to go. Hope all is well. When is your next cruise?

Did our 50th Anniv in May 2017 Equinox, next up is Dec 8 on the Silho,

then May 2018 . Have to use Florida ports to save the airfare. Have been lucky with the $500 OBC. Karen is hooked on the Martini Bar

Did our 50th Anniv in May 2017 Equinox, next up is Dec 8 on the Silho,

then May 2018 . Have to use Florida ports to save the airfare. Have been lucky with the $500 OBC. Karen is hooked on the Martini Bar

Good for you. Same reason we have been cruising out of Bayonne 3 times a year. Save money on the airfare can afford an extra cruise.

The few times that I have booked a guarantee cabin with Celebrity and in each case, the bookings were made last minute, and the cabin was assigned immediately ... I mean, within 10 minutes of my booking. I didn't receive a call or any notification, I just checked my cruise planner online and saw it there. I assume you've done the same. On all of these guarantees that I have booked, I've never been put in a cabin above the category I booked ... which was fine with me. I did find that some on the roll call were upgraded ... and they booked later than I had so maybe that is the key. Who knows??

However, I was just reading a post last night about that cruise and there cabins that were flooded. Is this your cruise, per chance? They are offering people that have guaranteed cabins to downgrade to inside cabins ... and with the deal they are offering, well, I would have jumped all over it. Others have to have their balconies so weren't so happy with the offer. Anyhow, I am sure they are just seeing who will bite at the offers before they can make any room assignments. If completely sold out, they may have to offer some compensation for those are willing and able to move to a different sailing. Sounds like they still have a bit of time to get everything sorted out.

The few times that I have booked a guarantee cabin with Celebrity and in each case, the bookings were made last minute, and the cabin was assigned immediately ... I mean, within 10 minutes of my booking. I didn't receive a call or any notification, I just checked my cruise planner online and saw it there. I assume you've done the same. On all of these guarantees that I have booked, I've never been put in a cabin above the category I booked ... which was fine with me. I did find that some on the roll call were upgraded ... and they booked later than I had so maybe that is the key. Who knows??

However, I was just reading a post last night about that cruise and there cabins that were flooded. Is this your cruise, per chance? They are offering people that have guaranteed cabins to downgrade to inside cabins ... and with the deal they are offering, well, I would have jumped all over it. Others have to have their balconies so weren't so happy with the offer. Anyhow, I am sure they are just seeing who will bite at the offers before they can make any room assignments. If completely sold out, they may have to offer some compensation for those are willing and able to move to a different sailing. Sounds like they still have a bit of time to get everything sorted out.

No, the flooding problem was on Constellation and that thread was from 2016. I hope Connie is still not having those problems We are booked on Summit sailing 9/24/2017.

I have been checking my reservation 2 - 3 times a day. We have done guarantees before. We have sometimes gotten at least a 1 category upgrade. Last year we booked inside guarantee cat 10 and got an ocean view cat 6. This past July we booked guarantee veranda and got a 2B as opposed to a 2C.

We also have usually been assigned a cabin within a week or so of booking and never had the cruise show SOLD OUT before I have had my cabin assigned.

I agree with work2cruise. It is an anxious time for sure. We have booked a guarantee several times and were always pleased with the assignment. The last time we gave up our AQ class cabin (it was reassigned immediately) for a suite guarantee. We flew to Singapore without an assigned cabin, joking about being in the lifeboats. Three days before the cruise, we were assigned a great S1 cabin (#6132). Hang in there. I hope you have a great cruise.

Yes, that flood on Connie in 2016 that no one had heard of or ever seen :confused::rolleyes: - suspected of being a perfect excuse because of overbooking :(. Or when they changed some 1B cabins into CCs for a sailing when they had oversold the Concierge category.

We've done GTYs previously but have always got our cabin assignment pretty soon after booking. Perhaps X are manually allocating cabins since their IT system is so unpredictable :')?

Yes, that flood on Connie in 2016 that no one had heard of or ever seen :confused::rolleyes: - suspected of being a perfect excuse because of overbooking :(. Or when they changed some 1B cabins into CCs for a sailing when they had oversold the Concierge category.

We've done GTYs previously but have always got our cabin assignment pretty soon after booking. Perhaps X are manually allocating cabins since their IT system is so unpredictable :')?

And ... even though we've never gotten an upgrade for a guarantee cabin, we've always been very happy with the assignments on Celebrity. Not so much with Princess, though. A couple of those guarantees were so bad, we won't chance it on that line again. But, never have we gotten a horrible room on Celebrity and even have scored a couple of upgrades once onboard. Oh ... life is so good!!

No, the flooding problem was on Constellation and that thread was from 2016. I hope Connie is still not having those problems We are booked on Summit sailing 9/24/2017.

I have been checking my reservation 2 - 3 times a day. We have done guarantees before. We have sometimes gotten at least a 1 category upgrade. Last year we booked inside guarantee cat 10 and got an ocean view cat 6. This past July we booked guarantee veranda and got a 2B as opposed to a 2C.

We also have usually been assigned a cabin within a week or so of booking and never had the cruise show SOLD OUT before I have had my cabin assigned.

Oh ...that is so funny, I was looking at an old thread. Sorry about that. I should pay more attention.

Come to think of it ... I've not seen any sailing I was on showing as sold out before getting an assignment, either.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Oh ...that is so funny, I was looking at an old thread. Sorry about that. I should pay more attention.

Come to think of it ... I've not seen any sailing I was on showing as sold out before getting an assignment, either.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

You are not the only one. It was pointed out after people started posting (again) that it was from 2016. Of course having said that I never heard of that problem with Connie last year. If all those rooms had leaks I would have thought I would have heard about it.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates from the OP?

We finally got our cabin assignment on Monday afternoon, so 6 days before sailing. I can relax (I hope). They have assigned us a 2B Veranda. What is funny is for being SOLD OUT for so many weeks, now for the past few days (since Sunday) they have been showing cabins available for sale. Not sure if anyone will book now 4 days before sailing, especially with all the hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean. We are going north, but Jose has been sitting and spinning off the coast over here and I am sure the waters are going to be choppy.

Thanks for asking.

We finally got our cabin assignment on Monday afternoon, so 6 days before sailing. I can relax (I hope). They have assigned us a 2B Veranda. What is funny is for being SOLD OUT for so many weeks, now for the past few days (since Sunday) they have been showing cabins available for sale. Not sure if anyone will book now 4 days before sailing, especially with all the hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean. We are going north, but Jose has been sitting and spinning off the coast over here and I am sure the waters are going to be choppy.

Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the follow up. IMO your experience is yet another example that using the websites (both X and TA) doesn't give 100% of the total picture with regard to available (or unavailable) inventory.

Glad it worked out for you and enjoy the cruise, choppy waters or not! :)

Thanks for the follow up. IMO your experience is yet another example that using the websites (both X and TA) doesn't give 100% of the total picture with regard to available (or unavailable) inventory.

Glad it worked out for you and enjoy the cruise, choppy waters or not! :)

Yes, it seems that we really don't have anyway to know how many cabins are sold / unsold / being held back by the cruise lines.

I am hoping the seas aren't too bad but even so we will have a great time. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app