cambria suites

sarahcat111

The hotel was very nice. It does not, however, provide a free breakfast. There is a breakfast buffet for $10 (price a year ago when I was there).

There is not another restaurant within easy walking distance.

We parked our car at the hotel and used their shuttle service to and from the pier. Going to the pier was fine; however, we waited for a return shuttle pick up for over 45 minutes.

We stayed there before our cruise a couple of years ago. I thought it was very nice. There was a shuttle service that the concierge called for us and he took us to the mall area a couple of blocks away where they have restaurants, as well as a few other stores. All in all we would stay there again. Check the reviews and you see very few negative ones.

We have stayed at Cambria Suites a couple times. If you are flying into FLL, they will send a shuttle to pick you up for no charge, as well as providing free transportation to the pier. The rooms are spacious, with a sitting area somewhat separate from where the bed is.

Food is served in the lobby area, with a simple menu for dinner (sandwiches and salads, if my memory is correct) and a basic breakfast buffet - not free, as a previous poster has noted.

On one visit we did find a diner-style restaurant while taking a walk, crossing some heavily trafficked roads in the process. But if you want to be near a choice of restaurants - and you don't have a car - this isn't the best choice for a hotel. But we aren't bothered by the limited food choices, and we like the free transportation, so it's our choice when we are in Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by Joanne G.

Is the restaurant adequate for dinner my husband has a pretty good appetite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed there twice. Very nice hotel. We walked to Burger King (about 10-15 minutes away). I think there was a Chitpole near and other places across the street. I believe you can also get food delivered.

Is the restaurant adequate for dinner my husband has a pretty good appetite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Their menu is posted on their website. It lists more than I remember, or maybe we just weren't interested in a big meal. There is a steak dinner, ribs, a chicken dish, also burgers and other sandwiches. Appetizers, salads, and sides. I think there is enough for those with hearty appetites. Wine, beer, and cocktails, also.

It's our hotel of choice having stayed there 4 times and also staying there in about 18 days.

Although it's next to the interstate as others have said, not a lot around, but there is an awesome Cuban restaurant across Stirling road.

We stayed there last February before our cruise on the Freedom.

It is a nice hotel, with very nice rooms.

However, other posters are correct, no restaurant on site, just a lobby area that is set up as a bar/cafe type setting.

Breakfast buffet was about $14 for the "all you can eat" but not too many choices.

We did walk to the main road, and did see a Subway, but nothing else close by. Perhaps we turned the wrong direction at the main road.

If you are only there for one night pre-cruise, it is a good place to stay. We were there for two nights before, and one night after.

Also, the shuttle from the airport was free, but to the cruise port, I believe we paid $8 per person.

We are booked there Nov 1st

we were told the port shuttle is $5 pp & breakfast is $10 pp

we are flying in so no car

Worse case we can eat at the airport before we call for the shuttle to the hotel

Have stayed there twice. Nice hotel nice pool. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

What type of shopping & do you need to cross the hwy?

I was going to look for a CVS do you know if there is one close by??

I just booked this hotel thru parksleepfly.com. I have stayed at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port on a previous cruise but the rate has risen dramatically.

Everything I read (here and trip advisor) is favorable so I am hoping for a good experience. Just hoping the car is safe for the week.

Don't know about this facility, but many Cambria Suites have updated their bathrooms. There is no longer a tub, but a very large (its the size that the tub used to be) shower. We REALLY prefer a tub.....that was the only disappointment we had.

I just booked this hotel thru parksleepfly.com. I have stayed at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port on a previous cruise but the rate has risen dramatically.

Everything I read (here and trip advisor) is favorable so I am hoping for a good experience. Just hoping the car is safe for the week.

Did the park and cruise this past July - loved the hotel, front desk staff very friendly and helpful and our car was just fine for the week. All in all, very happy with our stay there and will use them again when cruising out of FLL.:)

Did the park and cruise this past July - loved the hotel, front desk staff very friendly and helpful and our car was just fine for the week. All in all, very happy with our stay there and will use them again when cruising out of FLL.:)

Thanks!!!!!:D

We got the Cambria for $118 on a Priceline Express deal (hotel name hidden until awarded) on a cruise weekend during peak Xmas season. We didn't do the bidding method b/c we needed to know it had an a/p shuttle, so we needed to see the amenities we were getting. Didn't know they offered a free shuttle to the pier, great news, thx for that tip. We'll skip b'fast and hit lunch on the ship.

We got the Cambria for $118 on a Priceline Express deal (hotel name hidden until awarded) on a cruise weekend during peak Xmas season. We didn't do the bidding method b/c we needed to know it had an a/p shuttle, so we needed to see the amenities we were getting. Didn't know they offered a free shuttle to the pier, great news, thx for that tip. We'll skip b'fast and hit lunch on the ship.

The shuttle is now $5 pp

according to the manager

Hotel is really good if you are arriving with a car. Yes restaurants and shopping are within walking distance BUT it is a considerable distance. The hotel is on the northwest side of the intersate and the shopping is on the southeast side of the interstate with a busy street in between. I stay there because they offer a good parking deal. The hotel itself is very nice. Paying for breakfast has its plus side. There is less people. Would I stay there without a vehicle???? If the price was right. Yes

Stayed there once, and it is a nice clean hotel. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and a taxi from the hotel to the ship. That is only because I don't like shuttles, so I don't take them.:)

Do you remember the price of the taxi from the hotel to the port? We are considering booking this park and cruise hotel as well. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We are here now

The shuttle to the port runs on the hour & is $5 pp

They do have a few things in the cooler if you do not want the buffet for $9.95

Yogurt parfait, fruit cup, some rolls ..maybe cookies will have another look n the way out

Dinner was good nothing outstanding but if you do not have a car you will not starve

We are here now

The shuttle to the port runs on the hour & is $5 pp

They do have a few things in the cooler if you do not want the buffet for $9.95

Yogurt parfait, fruit cup, some rolls ..maybe cookies will have another look n the way out

Dinner was good nothing outstanding but if you do not have a car you will not starve

What time do the shuttles start running? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We initially booked Cambria suites before our first Allure cruise.

After looking into other hotels closer to port we opted to move our reservation well before any penalty phase.

Why?

We did not have a car and would need a taxi to go everywhere.

Taking all things into consideration I am glad we changed to our second choice which was Embassy suites.

Just what we selected to do.

Sea Ya