Does Carnival still do special stuff for anniversaries and birthdays?

MaidMirawyn

Last year we cruised on our twentieth anniversary, and there were gift cards in our room after dinner. I didn't expect this; I had simply filled out the "special celebration" section or whatever on the website.

Well, we're sailing for our anniversary again, but I didn't see that on our online check-in. Did I miss it, or has it been discontinued?

Help appreciated from more experienced Carnival cruisers! Thanks.

Not sure about anniversary. But on our cruise last July I walked into the cabin on our second day and saw Happy birthday written on the mirror. There was a coupon for a free photo, and I think a coupon for a bottle of wine? Or a deal on the wine. I can't remember.

My birthday was actually 2 weeks before the cruise. I didn't indicate the birthday on our reservation but obviously they have that information already. Since it wasn't my actual bday and I hadn't mentioned it, it was a very nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DW got a small cake on the dream last year for her birthday. They seemed to do this for a lot of people that week. I did tell our TA that it was going to be her birthday but he and Carnival could have figured that out from her profile.

We're taking members of my wife's family. Their anniversary is close to our cruise date and when we booked, the Carnival rep. asked if there were any special occasions, so we told her about that. I think she said they'd get a bottle of champagne their first night. Or something. When we log in, under their booking, it says "Special Occasion: Anniversary."

I paid something like $40 to have the room decorated for my daughter's birthday (it's one of those things you can purchase on the website). In addition to what we paid for, we got chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the room two separate nights with Happy Birthday wishes on a card. She also got the $50 spa card which she had no interest in because she's picky and loyal to her pedicurist and those peeps. Very nice, I thought. It seems birthdays on Carnival are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you might get.

20161021_194704_zpssnn2s1yq.jpg

We got this chocolate cake on the second elegant night on our honeymoon cruise. They also sang "Happy Honeymoon" to the tune of the Happy birthday song, which was hilarious!! The outside frosting was horrible. So we flipped it upside down to eat it. While the chocolate inside was a bit rich, it had great taste. I don't know, though, of it was due to having selected "honeymoon" on the "special occasions" part when booking or if it was the fact that I had mentioned it in John Heald's FB page while asking for help with a table request. He did respond, BTW and wished us a happy honeymoon as well.

Funny way of spelling "Hony moon" too....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Wow! You are lucky to get all that! We have cruised many times on birthdays, and all we got were the cakes and sung to. Sometimes not even that! My daughter's 19th birthday was on day 2 and there was nothing! We are going for our 25th anniversary, and I am not expecting anything, sadly.

In February 4 of us went on a cruise to celebrate 2 40th birthdays. We had the same white cake above and it was awful. Best part is they came out and sang happy birthday to the 2 ladies that weren't celebrating their birthday. (one's 38th birthday is in August and the other's birthday is in December). The laugh I got from that was far better than being embarrassed by a bunch of waiters singing to me (which I hate).

Keep in mind, while the $50 Spa gift card is really not enough for a service, it's also good for product. You can get creams, etc.

Don't let it go to waste.:'):')

I got a fire and ice manicure. :) I just paid gratuity, which was less than a plain manicure ashore.

I feel a bit butt hurt after reading all these awesome gifts and comparing it to what I got in 2015... I just got a card that said "we didn't get you anything for your birthday so we tried to get the dolphins to sing" and it had a picture of a dolphin in a birthday hat... that's all I got and my mum who was traveling with me told carnival's special events team 3 times before hand even on the online check-in! She was so upset she was hoping for something nice like a cake or desert like P&O AU had done for her in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried to use the spa discount but they said no openings for a hair cut. I thought it was b/c I said I had the card so I went to a different phone and asked and got same answer without saying anything about the card. They only have 2 hairdressers on Magic.

Does anyone know if Carnival does anything special for Mother's Day and Father's Day? Our cruise next year ends the day before Father's Day. So if they were to do anything special, I'm assuming we'll miss it by a day and the cruise after us will get to celebrate. :(