Hotel Recommendation/Fort Lauderdale

Snookum

We are going out of Fort Lauderdale on the Oasis this summer. Would someone have a recommendation on a hotel to stay at for one night before the cruise? Somewhere close to the cruise port and hopefully with a shuttle to take us to the ship next morning. TIA

I've started defaulting to RodeWay Inn on State Road 84. I'm not going looking for a hotel on the beach or anything. They have a free shuttle from the airport, breakfast, and a free shuttle to the pier in the morning. They didn't even charge us extra for shuttles when we had 4 ppl in the room.

The restaurant attached has meh service, but I really enjoyed the one burger there. It's become a tradition at this point. I've stayed there twice and will be staying there for the third time next month.

Judy

That's where we booked for our upcoming April cruise. There is a Total Wine about 5 minutes walk away, and a water Taxi Stop just a short walk away as well.

However I cannot comment on hotel yet as we haven't stayed there yet. Just looking for a place to crash for the night cause our plane takes off at 5:15am Atlantic time... That's 4:15am Eastern time :eek: We'll have been up since 2am basically so I'm planing on being completely played out.

dp

Edited by dpostman

We enjoy staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 (only in a tower room). Beautiful dock with yachts, beautiful grounds and pool. This March we are staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Marina for 2 days pre-cruise. We have stayed here once before and had a nice room. Both are very close to the cruise port and you can walk to Walgreens for cruise supplies. I always read the trip advisor reviews before making a decision.

Just recently stayed at the 17th Street Embassy Suites for a pre cruise stay. The room was quite nice and the evening manager's reception was enjoyable. The morning breakfast is very well done with enough choices for all.

We enjoy staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 (only in a tower room). Beautiful dock with yachts, beautiful grounds and pool. This March we are staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Marina for 2 days pre-cruise. We have stayed here once before and had a nice room. Both are very close to the cruise port and you can walk to Walgreens for cruise supplies. I always read the trip advisor reviews before making a decision.
I will second this suggestion, however we ALWAYS stay in the lanai rooms on the water. They are huge, older, but huge. One caveat here is we have our car so we can get around.

Just recently stayed at the 17th Street Embassy Suites for a pre cruise stay. The room was quite nice and the evening manager's reception was enjoyable. The morning breakfast is very well done with enough choices for all.

This is great if you can get it on Priceline or some other discount site. Rack rates are usually >$300/night. It is convenient and has several amenities onsite as well within walking distance.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on SR 84. Free shuttle from the airport and to the pier, small pool, free breakfast and the rooms were clean.

If you go on the Ports of Call board and go into Florida, there is a huge amount of info on hotels.

Sue

We booked Embassy Suites for December at $170 plus taxes. This is the AAA rate. It has been as high as $229 so I thought $170 was awesome. December 2013 we stayed at a Hilton garden inn over by the airport. Elevator broke and rooms weren't great...breakfast area terrible...but two rooms were free using points. Learned my lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For our recent pre-cruise stay, we stayed at Courtyard Marriott in Plantation. Not near the port but free airport shuttle and to the port. Restaurants and shops within walking distance including a Total Wine in the strip mall behind the hotel. Rooms were clean and staff are very friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where we booked for our upcoming April cruise. There is a Total Wine about 5 minutes walk away, and a water Taxi Stop just a short walk away as well.

However I cannot comment on hotel yet as we haven't stayed there yet. Just looking for a place to crash for the night cause our plane takes off at 5:15am Atlantic time... That's 4:15am Eastern time :eek: We'll have been up since 2am basically so I'm planing on being completely played out.

dp

You will like it. Very clean. Friendly staff. HI Express is a good chain. Stay in them often. In addition to Walgreens there is a strip mall across the street with Starbucks and other food places.

We are going out of Fort Lauderdale on the Oasis this summer. Would someone have a recommendation on a hotel to stay at for one night before the cruise? Somewhere close to the cruise port and hopefully with a shuttle to take us to the ship next morning. TIA

The Pillars.

Shuttle service from FL Airport (just call) and to the Port as required.

A great start to your vacation :D

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Because the OP is looking in the summer, rates will be much less than the rates you see now. I would look on or off 17th St. if not looking for a beach hotel. Do not stay closer to the airport if you have daylight when you arrive. There is nothing to do.

If you want a great deal, go to valuetrips.com and book Hyatt Place 17th St. Convention center.. Sits right by Embassy Suites, has a shuttle from the airport, large rooms and breakfast. Take a cab to the port for $15. Walking only 5 min. will get you to lots of restaurants and stores for last minute items. Summer rate is $99. If you don't want the beach, this is the bestvalue.

Edited by eandj

Any of these hotels include parking for the length of the cruise. Actually will be looking for 2 weeks worth of parking - doing an B2B.

Most hotels that allow for parking while gone are nearer the airport.

Go to stay123.com and parksleepfly.com for hotels offering those parking packages. Some only allow for a week. Others 14 days. Some will allow added days with a daily rate. The Dania area has some decent chains. The airport is only about 15 min. from the port.

Another vote for Embassy Suites...especially with children [of any age] because it is great to be able to close the door between parents and teenagers. Plus the drinks. Plus the bre.akfast...win, win, win

Is breakfast included in the price or is there an extra charge at Embassy Suites?

Is breakfast included in the price or is there an extra charge at Embassy Suites?

Breakfast and the manager's reception each evening with appetizers, free wine, (I think) beer (don't drink it so I'm not sure), and soda. The breakfast has the usual buffet items (cereals, toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt, etc.) and also a 'made to order' station for omelets.

Edited by capriccio