Quick (and possibly silly) question!

HammerTownGal

I understand that there are no clocks on board! I am leaving September 7th on the Equinox for 13 days - Venice to Barcelona (with overnight's in Venice and Istanbul). I have numerous activities planned...I need to be up and at 'em at various times for several excursions...we are travelling as a group of 6.

Are wake-up calls reliable? Are there no clock radio's? I am concerned as the time will change at least twice (maybe more) and I want to be sure that I am on time for the excursions we have planned. I don't usually wear a watch (although I do have one:)...I guess I could use my cell phone as an alarm...but it will be on airplane mode and won't update the time automatically. Am I stressing about nothing? LOL...

Any info would be greatly appreciated:)

I understand that there are no clocks on board! I am leaving September 7th on the Equinox for 13 days - Venice to Barcelona (with overnight's in Venice and Istanbul). I have numerous activities planned...I need to be up and at 'em at various times for several excursions...we are travelling as a group of 6.

Are wake-up calls reliable? Are there no clock radio's? I am concerned as the time will change at least twice (maybe more) and I want to be sure that I am on time for the excursions we have planned. I don't usually wear a watch (although I do have one:)...I guess I could use my cell phone as an alarm...but it will be on airplane mode and won't update the time automatically. Am I stressing about nothing? LOL...

Wake-up calls are highly reliable. The phone has a clock, but sometimes you need to pick it up to read the time. You are stressing about nothing, just relax and enjoy a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Orator

The wake-up calls are reliable. You will need to have some way of telling time while you are in port though. (Not to freak you out further :)). Someone in your party will need a reliable time-piece to be sure that you make it back to the ship on time.

You can use your cell phone too. My phone "updated" itself to match the current time. I did keep on airplane mode the whole time too. Check your phone settings . Like others have stated - phone and TV have the time. I found that I woke up pretty consistently early each morning, by either just being excited for the particular port or keeping the roughly same sleep schedule. We did not stay out too late at night - only the nights befire a sea day. Enjoy your cruise!

Wake-up calls are highly reliable. The phone has a clock, but sometimes you need to pick it up to read the time. You are stressing about nothing, just relax and enjoy a wonderful cruise.

And sometimes we can't get the phone clock/light off and cover it!

Relax and have fun, the wake up calls are very reliable , but I always take a travel alarm clock, mine is digital and has the time day and temp. I like having a real clock that is easy to see in the room.

......I guess I could use my cell phone as an alarm...but it will be on airplane mode and won't update the time automatically. Am I stressing about nothing? LOL...

The only clock I've seen in cabins is on the telephone itself. We've always bring a travel alarm and either use that or our cell phones for an alarm clock. Other reason we bring a travel alarm clock is that, like other poster's above, I like having a regular clock to look at in the cabin other than the small clock on the phone.

If you plan on using your cell phone for this then turn off the automatic time settings and change the time manually during your cruise!! The cellular system on the ship at sea doesn't always have the correct time so the only reliable way to make sure your phone has the correct time while sailing is to set it your self. This is especially true if your cruise is traveling through different time zones and/or has any differences between ship time and port time.

Edited by Lsimon

We used are cell phone...however, my phone didn't change to the correct time...hubby's did.

Buy a nice travel alarm clock from LL Bean. I've had mine for years and LOVE IT. Take it on every cruise.

I guess I could use my cell phone as an alarm...but it will be on airplane mode

If you are on Bell as long as you have your phone in data roaming off you are OK

People can text and you can read them for free, it is only when you text back you are charge

are try using this http://www.mysim.ca/, I have used their sim cards in the US works well

I use my ipad. It automatically updates the time like a cell phone, and I can set the alarm feature to my favorite soft music to wak up to. It works great for port days when I want to be up and out sooner.

I use my ipad. It automatically updates the time like a cell phone,...

It only updates to the correct time like a cell phone if the ship's cellular system broadcasts the correct time or if a land based cellular signal you pass or arrive at is the same as ship's time. Don't count on it! Set your time manually.

Edited by Lsimon

It only updates to the correct time like a cell phone if the ship's cellular system broadcasts the correct time or if a land based cellular signal you pass or arrive at is the same as ship's time. Don't count on it! Set your time manually.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. Whenever we would get the time change information in the Cruise Compass daily, I would manually set my ipad when I went to bed that night just to be sure.

I use my ipad. It automatically updates the time like a cell phone, and I can set the alarm feature to my favorite soft music to wak up to. It works great for port days when I want to be up and out sooner.

It could be a problem if the ship close to 2 time zones. Clock will get a signal from different towers and it could be confusing.

It could be a problem if the ship close to 2 time zones. Clock will get a signal from different towers and it could be confusing.

If there are a lot of time zones on the cruise, I switch it to manual.