Double Upgrade Offer back on 1st October 2014?

excitedofharpenden

I noticed via one of my Facebook friends in Australia that the Double Upgrade offer is back tomorrow for selected 2015 voyages, book by 30th November 2014. Haven't heard anything here, but might have missed it.

Phil

Too funny. That's why I was on the phone with Azamara yesterday--to see if I could pry any info out of them re the next promo. It comes out on Wednesday October 1st, so no, we haven't missed it. :D

Could you tell how me how you priced it? Did you go to the Australian site? I just went to Azamara site and couldn't find the new promotion to price it. Trying to see if it's worthwhile to switch to the new promotion.

Also, how does double upgrade work? If I am booked in a balcony, does it mean I can upgrade to a higher level at no additional cost?

Could you tell how me how you priced it? Did you go to the Australian site? I just went to Azamara site and couldn't find the new promotion to price it. Trying to see if it's worthwhile to switch to the new promotion.

Also, how does double upgrade work? If I am booked in a balcony, does it mean I can upgrade to a higher level at no additional cost?

I can't link to the Australia offer, but it should show for you very soon.

The double upgrade offer is pay for an inside and get a balcony. No other categories applicable (eg balcony to suite).

Phil

It is ffor bookings made between 10/1/14 and 12/15/14. I priced it out against our current bookings and the price difference is negigble from the BOGOHO offer expiring today.

How do you figure the calculations, from the lowest inside to lowest balcony?

How do you figure the calculations, from the lowest inside to lowest balcony?

Easy. Take for example the Bali sailing that I have my eye on. Currently the pricing for lowest balcony is $3800 (rounded up); lowest inside is $2500. Current promo of BOGO gives you a final balcony price of $3800 + $1900 = $5700, which averages to $2850 pp in the same cabin. By contrast, with the double upgrade sale, you pay $2500 inside price but you get a V3 balcony. Price per person is $2500, a savings of $350 pp. That's actually a very nice savings. What I'm not sure about on the double upgrade is whether you can get a better balcony cabin than the V3. We've taken advantage of this sale before and the V3 is what we were given. I don't know that if you paid the highest price for the inside category whether that would translate to the highest price balcony, though the fine print ought to give the answer.

Edited by dln929

What I'm not sure about on the double upgrade is whether you can get a better balcony cabin than the V3. We've taken advantage of this sale before and the V3 is what we were given. I don't know that if you paid the highest price for the inside category whether that would translate to the highest price balcony, though the fine print ought to give the answer.

Yes Deirdre, you can. I booked the lowest inside price and ended up with a V2 for next year on Journey. I was able to pick the location too.

Phil

It is ffor bookings made between 10/1/14 and 12/15/14. I priced it out against our current bookings and the price difference is negigble from the BOGOHO offer expiring today.

Thanks for the information.

You are always well tuned in to things Azamara.

Yes Deirdre, you can. I booked the lowest inside price and ended up with a V2 for next year on Journey. I was able to pick the location too.

Phil

Paying the lowest inside rate on our 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise would cost us $425 pp more than the BOGOHO for a V2 (not to mention the $250 pp OBC from BOGOHOplus).

Easy. Take for example the Bali sailing that I have my eye on. Currently the pricing for lowest balcony is $3800 (rounded up); lowest inside is $2500. Current promo of BOGO gives you a final balcony price of $3800 + $1900 = $5700, which averages to $2850 pp in the same cabin. By contrast, with the double upgrade sale, you pay $2500 inside price but you get a V3 balcony. Price per person is $2500, a savings of $350 pp. That's actually a very nice savings. What I'm not sure about on the double upgrade is whether you can get a better balcony cabin than the V3. We've taken advantage of this sale before and the V3 is what we were given. I don't know that if you paid the highest price for the inside category whether that would translate to the highest price balcony, though the fine print ought to give the answer.

On the last double upgrade promotion I booked and got a V2 cabin. Our cousin who travels with us got the same deal but got a big savings on the single rate later with help of our super TA. I have my TA on alert to see if we can get a lower price -- it looks lower on the website-- but so far she says there is not a change (as of Sept 30, 2014 6 PM). The price in the ads do adjust when you make your individual deal for OBC and air allowance (I book my own) and other things. I trust my TA as usually her price is very good for me and her service is wonderful -- trust built over 15 years.

Feb. 17, 2015 Quest Bali to Osaka cruise. Just can't wait!

Hi Everyone,

There is a placeholder on the main page of the Azamara website, but the promo details are not posted as of 3:50 am eastern time. However, it looks to be - sail in a veranda for the price of an interior cabin, for select 2015 voyages. Offer ends November 30, 2014.

This should be the link, but it's not working yet : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/AUS_DoubleUpgrade

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Paying the lowest inside rate on our 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise would cost us $425 pp more than the BOGOHO for a V2 (not to mention the $250 pp OBC from BOGOHOplus).

What is the BOGOHOplus? We did not get the $500.00 OBC.

Edited by Jade13

Just booked Southampton to Montreal September 2016. V1 for the price of an inside. Very happy indeed!:)

And we have just done the same on that cruise, great itinerary! Cabin 8000 - most of the other V1s had already gone.

The last time we booked a V1 we got a free upgrade to a suite. :)

At least we don't need to worry about the Azamazing evening. :D

Alan

Alan, we're going to be neighbours! We're in 8002. Promise we'll be quiet though.

A long way off, but will be worth the wait.

Sue

Yes, I agree with you - well worth the wait, especially as we don't have an Azamara cruise booked for next year.

What a coincidence that you should be in the next cabin to us. :)

Alan

Hi Folks

just tried booking the montreal cruise through uk TA. been told that Azamara have put hold on sales for 24 hours as the uk sites have been coming up with a fly cruise price at the same price as cruise only eg: 1704 on az for cruise only. 1704 on all uk ta sites with flights - apparently this is not correct. so dont know whats going to happen to anyone who is already booked or been sold it as a package...

Interesting. We booked it as flycruise and have booking confirmation already.

Will leave it for 24 hours and give them a ring. Thanks for making us aware - if it's too good to be true, it usually is!

Sue

we waiting for our ta to try az tomorrow and ring us back , we wont hold our breath as you say it looked too good to be true, you may be lucky as you have already booked and have a contract so they may have to honour the deal in uk.

One happy camper reporting in. We booked a week next September on the Quest and 10 days in balmy West Indies next November (2016) on the Quest, too, both at really reasonable fares. Great promo! :D

Nope, not working for me. Each time I go on the site I get gobbledegook and page not working messsage.

VV FRUSTRATING!

Jen

Nope, not working for me. Each time I go on the site I get gobbledegook and page not working messsage.

VV FRUSTRATING!

Jen

Jen, we booked the West Indies cruise which is almost a duplicate of the one we went on where we met you and Pete. November 21, 2016. Don't you want to go back again with us....hint hint .....:D

What is the BOGOHOplus? We did not get the $500.00 OBC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2089326&highlight=bogoho

Only applied to select 2015 voyages, but my TA's confirmation included it for me on a 2016 cruise. She's double-checking with Azamara now to make sure it wasn't a typo.

From what I can see on the Azamara website, only cruises from June on the Journey and mid-summer to Dec. 2015 on the Quest qualify for the double upgrade, so how are you booking into 2016?

Am I missing something?

No mention at all of inclusive flights.