Booked early saver last Sept and there's been no price reduction...

john91498

So far, it's been the first time ever, I have not gotten even a small $25 price reduction on a cruise I booked a year in advance. According to today's "sale", my rate is $100 more per person for a cruise in August. Wow, Carnival must be doing well since they are not offering any sales.

So far, it's been the first time ever, I have not gotten even a small $25 price reduction on a cruise I booked a year in advance. According to today's "sale", my rate is $100 more per person for a cruise in August. Wow, Carnival must be doing well since they are not offering any sales.

August is high season. Good for you for booking early.

I booked in Feb for a cruise in mid Sept and have seen 3 price drops, although it seems to have leveled of these last few weeks.

I booked in February and already got 3 price reductions (-$150) but I think it all depends on the room you book. I booked an interior and there are lots of those. The oceanview and balcony cabins on my cruise haven't had much of a price reduction, it's actually more right now. Did you book a special room that there's not a lot of?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Prices on Carnival have been constantly on the rise. Our Sunshine cruise balconies went up $250pp. No more price drops. Carnival brand is the hottest on the high seas.

I agree. My August cruise - booked last September - hasn't dropped one cent. It was a little higher than I like to start off with, but in comparison to how the price has increased, we did pretty well. As of tonight, 2 categories of insides are sold out and all oceanviews. Of course that could change, but I'm just saying - I've never seen categories sell out this early on.

In our group are several new cruisers - two of which have already booked their next cruise. You booked early and got the lowest price. That's a good thing.

Booked ES August 2015 for August 2016. Got a ten dollar reduction the following day. Price has risen constantly since then. Same cabin category is now over $200. higher than we paid. Feeling good about our rate. But it was a lot of fun to get price reductions on previous three cruises.

Well, its the first time ever you booked at the right time. If you got price reductions previously, you overpaid for the cruise initially. For this cruise, you are paying less then the majority of people who are sailing with you. That's a great thing to pay less then most others for the same cruise.

We booked last May for our April 30th cruise and no price drops here either. From a cruiser standpoint that's a bummer, but from a stockholder standpoint, that's awesome. Guess it's a win-win!

Right. Cruise prices increase depending on the time of year. They tend to increase from late-May to mid-August, when the school year is be over. Most families cruise when their kids are out of school. They have no need to lower prices to encourage business during that time. Supply and demand.

Edited by stnic_ca

We booked last May for our April 30th cruise and no price drops here either. From a cruiser standpoint that's a bummer, but from a stockholder standpoint, that's awesome. Guess it's a win-win!

You probably would have caught a reduction during the "Black Friday" sale that took place in early October. Also, if you booked a lower level (interior or window) cabin, they tend to be just as pricey as a balcony during a certain time of year. My theory is most last minute cruisers purchase cheaper rooms versus balconies and suites. Therefore they offer incentives to early savers to upgrade to those rooms and fill the ship more easily.

We booked in June 2015 for a cruise in Oct 2016, early saver. We booked spa balcony, got 1 price reduction of $75. Yesterday I checked carnival website, they are sold out. No more price reductions. We book at a price we are okay with and any price reduction is a bonus. Never book ES at a higher price than you are okay with paying. Price reductions are not guaranteed.

WHy do people think they are going to get a price reduction if they book early saver? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Because that is the whole premise of the Early Saver program. That you will be allowed a price reduction or obc up to two days before the sailing date (if one was to occur).

Dave

Because that is the whole premise of the Early Saver program. That you will be allowed a price reduction or obc up to two days before the sailing date (if one was to occur).

Dave

I meant people think price drops are guaranteed to occur or else they feel cheated.

We're on the same Magic cruise as you for August, and we booked since last Sept also. I agree with you, not one single price drop. The last I checked ours went up $300.

We booked in April 2015 for our August 2016 cruise. Initially booked Fun Select 8K balcony at $2388, then changed to Past Guest (when that rate became available in May) at $2028. Had one reduction in July to $1928. Right now, Early Saver shows $2048 and no Past Guest rate is available. We always cruise in the summer so I'm happy with the rate I have. This is our first cruise out of Long Beach, which means we don't have to pay for flights or hotel stays; less than a half hour drive to the port. Glad we booked when we did.

We booked in April 2015 for our August 2016 cruise. Initially booked Fun Select 8K balcony at $2388, then changed to Past Guest (when that rate became available in May) at $2028. Had one reduction in July to $1928. Right now, Early Saver shows $2048 and no Past Guest rate is available. We always cruise in the summer so I'm happy with the rate I have. This is our first cruise out of Long Beach, which means we don't have to pay for flights or hotel stays; less than a half hour drive to the port. Glad we booked when we did.

We're planning a cruise out of Long Beach for 2017. I'm looking forward to saving on airfare, transportation, food and hotels as well. That's a good $1800 savings.

We booked last year the vista September 13th sailing for the 3 of us for $4066 tips and taxes included and now we are below $3000. The first reductions lowered the price and since we are paid in full we now have $740 obc :) I'm a very happy camper

If my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time.