Car seats in taxis for toddler

Akiba

Going to st Maarten and st Thomas and wonder if any one knows if there cabs or vans to get the beach etc are required to have car seats for toddler passengers

Thanks any help appreciated didn't want to drag the one we have on and off ship if the taxis and or vans have them

Jeff

Going to st Maarten and st Thomas and wonder if any one knows if there cabs or vans to get the beach etc are required to have car seats for toddler passengers

Thanks any help appreciated didn't want to drag the one we have on and off ship if the taxis and or vans have them

Jeff

I have never been anywhere in the world and seen taxis or "vans" just happen to have car seats. You'll need to being the car seat with you.

My son is taking his toddler on a cruise out of Seattle and we enquirer about that. There are companies that do airport pick up and pier drop off that if prearranged have car seats put in for a child.

If you are looking for an option for a child 4+ I can highly recommend the BubbleBum booster. It's inflatable and easy to take with you on trips/holidays. ours were purchased to use for a trip to Korea and we have taken them on every trip since. Good luck!

Any idea on laws in florida or bahamas on kids and car seat and booster seats

Florida requires them and it goes by the child weight not just age. As far as St. Thomas is concerned I don't think passenger safety is a thought at any age. The taxis are modified pickups and vans. They are poorly designed and way overloaded with occupants. Don't expect a child's car seat or even a seatbelt to attach one if you bring your own. The roads are poorly maintained, winding and hilly. Imagine a hay-ride at 30+ MPH in a busy rural area.

Probably best to stick to walking close to the port. Bring an umbrella stroller to make everyone a little more comfortable. Be sure to watch when crossing streets or one of those taxis may just run you over.

Even if you do bring/find a car seat, the chance that you will be able to buckle it to anything are quite slim. At which point it becomes useless and even more dangerous than without one.

Sorry to be off topic...

Cello56, I have three greyhounds. Did yours come from GPA, GCG, GRA, FOG, ??? Mine came from GCG. :)

Here is a link to Specky's famous 'surfing' video! She was mentioned in Celebrating Greyhounds regarding this video! :)

Jeff

I have been to St Thomas and St Martin several times and never have seen car seats in cabs. Sometimes there are not even seat belts. If you want to go to the beach you will have to take your chances with transportation or book a shore excursion from the ship although that probably won't have car seats either.

If you decide to just stay near the ship there is really no beach within walking distance.

It's hard to have just one, isn't it? :)

You know the phrase - "If there's room on the floor, there's room for one more!"

Are either of you on GreyTalk? I am Cello on there.

Ducklite which group did you get your hounds from here in Orlando?

You know the phrase - "If there's room on the floor, there's room for one more!"

Are either of you on GreyTalk? I am Cello on there.

Ducklite which group did you get your hounds from here in Orlando?

No I am not on Greytalk but just tried to join and it says my email address is not acceptable. Not sure why it would say this.

Kind of off the subject of taxis and carseats. Sometimes you are lucky if your taxi has 4 wheels.

Edited by Marie51

Please keep this thread on topic. Here's the initiating post.

Jeff

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I just booked my first cruise with Disney after being on Celebrity and Royal. This time our little girl will be over 2 and way too big for her infant seat and umbrella stroller combo. I'm really interested in this thread and the suggestions everyone has on best stroller/toddler seat combo if they exist. I've seen the sit n stroll and travelmate which both look decent but curious to know how practical they are in people's experiences.

I know this topic is controversial and while I appreciate people's opinions on seat vs. no seat I am most interested in hear about first hand experiences. We are 99% going to take a seat I just want to make sure we have one that is both safe and practical.

Thanks in advance. Love CC.

I just booked my first cruise with Disney after being on Celebrity and Royal. This time our little girl will be over 2 and way too big for her infant seat and umbrella stroller combo. I'm really interested in this thread and the suggestions everyone has on best stroller/toddler seat combo if they exist. I've seen the sit n stroll and travelmate which both look decent but curious to know how practical they are in people's experiences.

I know this topic is controversial and while I appreciate people's opinions on seat vs. no seat I am most interested in hear about first hand experiences. We are 99% going to take a seat I just want to make sure we have one that is both safe and practical.

Thanks in advance. Love CC.

I can't really advise on seats except to say that I'd put "FAA approved" into your search criteria. Without that label, it can't be used on a plane.