Sunday, December 30 Sail-Away...NA & Westerdam!

innlady1

Join us as we watch a huge boat parade from Port Everglades today...the Westerdam is scheduled to sail at 5 and Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to depart at 6...we all know that will change, however.

There are 7 ships leaving PE...13 totally on the East Coast. A big day today!

I'll be here. Is this the last sailawy for us for 2012?

I just checked the schedule. Last ones for HAL but there are two others tomorrow...Celebrity Equinox and the Liberty of the Seas.

We have a birthday party today for our granddaughter who turns 10 today...but I hope to bring my netbook or Nook. Otherwise, I'll miss it.

Sheila thanks so much for doing these reminders in Chiefs absence......and am I going to be watching? With the Westerdam sailing away? Well yeahhh! :)

(caribean princess did pretty well yesterday, I must say, I was pleasantly suprised!)

Join us as we watch a huge boat parade from Port Everglades today...the Westerdam is scheduled to sail at 5 and Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to depart at 6...we all know that will change, however.

There are 7 ships leaving PE...13 totally on the East Coast. A big day today!

7 ships! Wow, I'll try to be here.

Should be here for the last Hal sail away of this year.:) Hoping it will be spectacular unlike the Eurodam yesterday.:(

OK guys and Gals it is apparent that the Eurodams' Staff Captain, aka Chief Officer on the Eurodam, knows about the web cam!! That was he (or should it be him...) proudly showing the flag of his Country, Belgium, and waving to all of us and his family back home!!

He also posts on Porteverglades Web Cam Face Book page, even while out to sea!! (his last post was 3 hours ago)

On their Face Book Page I discovered (by reading the comments from the photo taken of him yesterday) that he'd requested the wave and that he has just been promoted to Staff Officer!!

To see more go here:

Congratulations to Eurodam's Newest Staff Captain Kevin Beirnaert!!!

Maybe if we ask nicely this week, he can talk the Captain into Blowing that blasted horn next Sail Away for the Eurodam...

Joanie

OK guys and Gals it is apparent that the Eurodams' Staff Captain, aka Chief Officer on the Eurodam, knows about the web cam!! That was he (or should it be him...) proudly showing the flag of his Country, Belgium, and waving to all of us and his family back home!!

He also posts on Porteverglades Web Cam Face Book page, even while out to sea!! (his last post was 3 hours ago)

On their Face Book Page I discovered (by reading the comments from the photo taken of him yesterday) that he'd requested the wave and that he has just been promoted to Staff Officer!!

To see more go here:

Congratulations to Eurodam's Newest Staff Captain Kevin Beirnaert!!!

Maybe if we ask nicely this week, he can talk the Captain into Blowing that blasted horn next Sail Away for the Eurodam...

Joanie

Thanks Joanie for that information.

somebody has a departure for 4.15?

Edit: looks like Westerdam for 4.14. And something about informing the Island Princess?

Yep, Besterdam, "The Queen of the Horns" is due out at 4:15. She is leaving right after the Ruby Princess.

The reason they asked to inform the Island Princess is so that they can be aware of it and watch that they do not get hit... Just my thought though.....

Joanie

Last week as I recall Westerdam end up being first out and Ruby was second.

Port Schedule as of the last few minutes.

Ruby Princess 16:00

Westerdam 16:30

Celebrity Silhouette 16:30

Island Princess 16:45

Nieuw Amsterdam 16:45

Allure of the Seas 17:00

Independence of the Sea 17:30

Archived