Labadee advice

nobody_knows_me

Hey all, I'm sure there's another topic for this, but hopefully someone can still help me out :)

Cruising on Oasis with my partner in 5 days. Absolutely pumped. It sounds like Labadee could be an amazing beach day, but I keep reading descriptions of the free beaches as being very rocky. Is this true of all free beaches? Surely there's a free beach worth going to. What would you recommend? Also, are there bars/servers readily available on the beach? We have the drink package which I'm sure will be wonderful on the beach.

Thanks so much!

All the beaches are free, food is free and drink service is readily available. We stayed on Nellie's Beach and there was sand under our feet in the water. No rocks. There are about 5 different beaches you can go to. A shuttle will take you to which beach you want to go to. Go on Ports of Call on cruise critic and click on Caribbean and then click on Private Islands. Go to Labadee and it will tell you what each beach on the island has to offer.

Edited by lauren0309

Just keep to the right at the end of the pier and if you follow the pathway you will come upon Nellie's Beach. Have fun! You will love Labadee! Best day ever!

If you end up at the rocky beach turn around and go to the opposite side. Stay to the side where the ship docks

When you get off the ship, walk the pier at the end thru the entrance hang a right walk about 10 min. (or take the tram) go by Barefoot beach, and it is the next beach on your right...........

If it is too crowded keep walking to the next area...........

Lunch and Bar huts close by as well as restrooms

Enjoy .......... we love Labadee

Sea Ya

Hey all, I'm sure there's another topic for this, but hopefully someone can still help me out :)

Cruising on Oasis with my partner in 5 days. Absolutely pumped. It sounds like Labadee could be an amazing beach day, but I keep reading descriptions of the free beaches as being very rocky. Is this true of all free beaches? Surely there's a free beach worth going to. What would you recommend? Also, are there bars/servers readily available on the beach? We have the drink package which I'm sure will be wonderful on the beach.

Thanks so much!

Home from Oasis yesterday. (1-11-2014 )

Lauren gave good advice. We did Columbus. Was wonderful , bar , chairs, rest rooms, shopping close by, lunch close by. LOVE it

Was just there in December. If you're not in a suite, then I think the best beach for you is Nellies. Outstanding beach with plenty of chairs, and some shade if you want it!!

I had a drink package too, and it was awesome!! Labadoozies!!!

Have a great cruise

We haven't sailed RCCL in a few years, I do not remember a beach just for suites? Where is it, how do you get there and would my so staying in a non suite cabin be able to join us? Wat is different about it. Thank you in advance for your responses.

We haven't sailed RCCL in a few years, I do not remember a beach just for suites? Where is it, how do you get there and would my so staying in a non suite cabin be able to join us? Wat is different about it. Thank you in advance for your responses.

The suite beach is called Nellie's. If you got a cabana on Nellie's beach, then you could have a total of 6 people in that cabana, and those people would have access to Nellie's beach. Otherwise, only full suite guests have access to Nellie's beach.

The suite beach is called Nellie's. If you got a cabana on Nellie's beach, then you could have a total of 6 people in that cabana, and those people would have access to Nellie's beach. Otherwise, only full suite guests have access to Nellie's beach.

Bob - I think you mean Barefoot Beach at Labadee as the suite beach. Nellies is the general beach just past Barefoot. (Both have cabanas).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Bob - I think you mean Barefoot Beach at Labadee as the suite beach. Nellies is the general beach just past Barefoot. (Both have cabanas).

Of course you are correct, got my Nellie's and Barefoot's mixed up.:o

Thanks for catching that, hate to give the wrong info Zoey.

Zoey, substitute Barefoot where I said Nellie's in my previous post.

Edited by clarea

Of course you are correct, got my Nellie's and Barefoot's mixed up.:o

Thanks for catching that, hate to give the wrong info Zoey.

Zoey, substitute Barefoot where I said Nellie's in my previous post.

...not a problem - you've caught me more than once! ;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you are the only ship in port that day then there is plenty of beach front for everybody. If there's more than one ship, get an ideal spot a quick as possible. We choose Columbus beach at the far end with lounge chairs right in front of the water yet under palm trees to avoid sun burn. It was great staring at our ship across the bay and being able to watch everyone at the aqua park.

I noticed that many of the dancers/singers from the theater and our waiter and his wife also were in this vacinity so I would have to assume they know the best places to stay when in port?

I have only been to Labadee with just our cruise ship docked. I can't even imagine with 2 ships.... 2008 was the last time I was there and Cabanas did not exist yet. I see alot has changed. Rollercoaster, Waterslide, Zip lines, cabanas. My gosh...

Edited by Jtd724

Normally only passengers with gold cards (suite and pinnacle) can be admitted to Barefoot Beach.

Normally only passengers with gold cards (suite and pinnacle) can be admitted to Barefoot Beach.

Unless you are upgraded. I booked a cabana for Nellies back in October and when we got there we were upgraded to a cabana on Barefoot with full access to everything for Barefoot! :cool:

If you are the only ship in port that day then there is plenty of beach front for everybody. If there's more than one ship, get an ideal spot a quick as possible. We choose Columbus beach at the far end with lounge chairs right in front of the water yet under palm trees to avoid sun burn. It was great staring at our ship across the bay and being able to watch everyone at the aqua park.

I noticed that many of the dancers/singers from the theater and our waiter and his wife also were in this vacinity so I would have to assume they know the best places to stay when in port?

We will be there next week! Columbus Beach looks like the farthest beach from the ship. How far of a walk is it? Should we take water shoes?

Thanks so much!

We are on the same sailing. Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle yet?

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

It will be about a 15 min. leisurely walk, and enjoy the sights.

or

Take the tram from the the "square" (look for the signs, their is usually one tram waiting), to the beach.....

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Labadee is not a very big island. You can take the shuttle, but we like to take our time and walk around.

Go early and you will have plenty of shady beach area,(or sunny) and chairs to choose from, free. Another factor is if there is another cruise ship

at port with you all. It tends to get crowded quick.

We have never had a problem with finding what we want as long as we go

early in the day. You are in for a treat, sunny, warm and beautiful island.

Edited by Angelsea57

When you get off the ship, walk the pier at the end thru the entrance hang a right walk about 10 min. (or take the tram) go by Barefoot beach, and it is the next beach on your right...
If you turn right at the end of the pier [the point where security is to get back on the pier], you end up in a dead end where the jet skis are [been there, done that:(]. You have to keep walking in line with the shore side portion of the pier for maybe another hundred yards or less, past the restrooms, and turn right when the beach opens up before you. Scroll down at http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=532 for a map.

Thom