Oasis - Boardwalk Balcony

GTO-Girl

I would like to book a January cruise and I am noticing they have some pretty good pricing on Central Park and Boardwalk balconies.

I would only be interested in a Boardwalk balcony, so is one floor better than another?

Thanks!!!

I would only be interested in a Boardwalk balcony, so is one floor better than another?

We have stayed in Boardwalk 10329 on Oasis and loved it so much we booked the exact same room on Allure this coming April. Its the best of all worlds... watching entertainment on the Boardwalk right from your room, being able to see the ocean, and floor 10 makes lots of things easily accessible.

We're currently booked for February BB deck 10, whenever I check pricing, deck 9 seems to be a little higher, is this considered a more premium view?

I would think deck 8 would be too close to the boardwalk.

I tried to get the best view of the ocean without being too high.

any experience with deck 9 and why it would be more?

The higher decks give you more separation from any noise on the Boardwalk and anything from about halfway back to all the way back should be fine. That having been said our experience is that all Boardwalk activity is usually over by around 10pm so noise is not a real factor.

Enjoy your cruise!

We're currently booked for February BB deck 10, whenever I check pricing, deck 9 seems to be a little higher, is this considered a more premium view?

I would think deck 8 would be too close to the boardwalk.

I tried to get the best view of the ocean without being too high.

any experience with deck 9 and why it would be more?

Only is more right now because they have the best rooms available now. .Although you can get great rooms now, the favorites were taken early. Sleep well tonight knowing you are on deck 10.:)

We are getting ready to try 12329 on Harmony in January 2017. Looks like the balcony will be shaded full time underneath the bridge and seems to have better view of the ocean around the Abyss slide as opposed to 11329 and 10329.2030df784fb5b178dfe6ae5932224b50.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Don't forget your earplugs. Nosiest cabin l ever had.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoy the Allure and Oasis Broad walk aft balconies while we can. I would complain but so far the even with all the alternatives, RCI you still wow me:)

Edited by cruzin76

We have had many Boardwalk cabins, and have never had any issue with noise. Unless you retire for the evening very early, or sleep with your door open, the noise is a non issue. We also enjoy the view of the Aqua Theater and the ocean.

This was the view from our cabin on Allure. We were in cabin 11715 - eight cabins from the end on deck 11.

IMG_3646.jpg

Right now you also get the special deal where a soda package is included with Boardwalk cabins, along with a meal at Johnny Rockets!

We are getting ready to try 12329 on Harmony in January 2017.

2030df784fb5b178dfe6ae5932224b50.jpg

I'll be on Harmony at the end of January myself! Seeing that photo got me pretty excited. The giant slide was a big 'selling point's for us picking that ship. Guess I'm still just a kid on the inside. We also have a balcony booked (my first time!) But the Central Park view.

We are getting ready to try 12329 on Harmony in January 2017. Looks like the balcony will be shaded full time underneath the bridge and seems to have better view of the ocean around the Abyss slide as opposed to 11329 and 10329.2030df784fb5b178dfe6ae5932224b50.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Every Harmony board walk room has an obstructed view. There are a few posts on this showing pics. The deck 12 room is shown. I attached a smallpic here. Sorry if this is not what you expected.

IMG_2387.jpg.5a9d4131739c2bd3472a0c367cfe66ca.jpg

Every Harmony board walk room has an obstructed view. There are a few posts on this showing pics. The deck 12 room is shown. I attached a smallpic here. Sorry if this is not what you expected.

Yes....we've seen that pic. It was actually not as bad as we thought it would be when we booked this cabin at the beginning of the year. We visited a deck 10 boardwalk balcony on our cabin crawl when doing the TA and the tube is much closer and more of an obstruction on that deck.

Thought we would give it a try (Boardwalk Balcony)....since it will probably be our last time on an Oasis class ship. We prefer smaller ships going forward.....

Edited by Beachammo

Yes....we've seen that pic. It was actually not as bad as we thought it would be when we booked this cabin at the beginning of the year. We visited a deck 10 boardwalk balcony on our cabin crawl when doing the TA and the tube is much closer and more of an obstruction on that deck.

Thought we would give it a try (Boardwalk Balcony)....since it will probably be our last time on an Oasis class ship. We prefer smaller ships going forward.....

We will be in that cabin (12329) next October for our anniversary with family! If you could possibly take some pics of it and the view for us, I would be in your debt!;) My email is tnskuhn at gmail dot com!! Thanks in advance and have an excellent cruise on the largest ship in the world!!:cool:

We have had many Boardwalk cabins, and have never had any issue with noise. Unless you retire for the evening very early, or sleep with your door open, the noise is a non issue. We also enjoy the view of the Aqua Theater and the ocean.

This was the view from our cabin on Allure. We were in cabin 11715 - eight cabins from the end on deck 11.

IMG_3646.jpg

Right now you also get the special deal where a soda package is included with Boardwalk cabins, along with a meal at Johnny Rockets!

Maybe it was a no issue for you. I found the balcony noisy all day long. I happen to enjoy peace and quiet on my balcony.

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app

We will be in that cabin (12329) next October for our anniversary with family! If you could possibly take some pics of it and the view for us, I would be in your debt!;) My email is tnskuhn at gmail dot com!! Thanks in advance and have an excellent cruise on the largest ship in the world!!:cool:

Yes I will....

We booked 10329 and 11329 for March prior to the slide announcement. Will Try to get pictures from

11329 during our cabin crawl in Jan.

We are in Sju now boarding the jewel tomorrow!!

Edited by racerxspeedy

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe it was a no issue for you. I found the balcony noisy all day long. I happen to enjoy peace and quiet on my balcony.

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app

I have to agree with you. Just off the Harmony on December 10 and found my first Boardwalk balcony to be the noisiest cabin ever. I've been in three Central Park balconies on the Oasis and Allure and loved them, but will never book a Boardwalk balcony again. Constant noise, and the worst part was that it was hard to determine what the sounds were (other than kids screaming). Finally figured out that most of it at night was the movie, although it was so distorted (echo?) that I could not understand a word - just constant noise. We had a good time, but won't book that type of cabin again.

We found the cabin to be well soundproofed when the balcony door was closed and locked. But I also found the balcony to be noisy, except for a few minutes here and there we didn't sit out on it as we do with ocean balconies. I also missed the breeze you get on an ocean balcony, no breeze on a Boardwalk balcony.

However we were on 14th floor and privacy is an issue as the basketball court was across one floor up and it was in constant use on our sailing,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 2 weeks later...

I see most people talking about 9729,10729,11729 and 12729. Seems these are preferncial over what are the exact same cabins 9329,10329,11329 and 12329. Any reason why people seem to like 729 better than 329? Or is it just me thinking I see more comments about 729 than 329? Haha We just booked 10329 on Allure and can't wait!!

I see most people talking about 9729,10729,11729 and 12729. Seems these are preferncial over what are the exact same cabins 9329,10329,11329 and 12329. Any reason why people seem to like 729 better than 329? Or is it just me thinking I see more comments about 729 than 329? Haha We just booked 10329 on Allure and can't wait!!

We have 12329 coming up on Harmony.

I prefer being port......no reason really.