Specialty Restaurant Menu and attire question

Ncsblj6430

We are not new to cruising but new to the Specialty Restaurants. We have looked at Muranos menu and love the many choices. However, we are a bit confused about the ordering.

"Starters \ Caviar \ Entrées \ Cheese Course \ Desserts \ Five Senses"

Do you choose one from each section? What if you have your eye on two different items in a section, can you select multiple items? What about the section "Five Senses"? Do you only select the Five Senses option as you dinner choice? Head spinning. Please help!:confused:

Also we are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and would like to eat at Murano for our special night. Would we be over dressed if my husband wore his tux and I wore a formal even if it was not a formal night?

Thanks in advanced for any insight.

Been there many times.

First, it's very rich food. Please don't order more than one item in a category because they'll have to carry you out. Seriously.

I'll start with 5 senses menu. That's a separate menu with wine pairings and you get a smaller choice of menu items. It's higher priced but of course it includes the wine. We did that once, but for us it was too much wine.

Caviar - that is a separate charge too. We've never done that. Cheese course we've done a couple times and that's nice, but they don't push it or make it "automatic" like the first few times we went. It's nice.

That leaves you a soup, salad, entree, dessert. The basic stuff. We usually order a soup course and either a salad or appetizer. Never all three. Again, very rich.

After your dessert (if you even have room for it) they ALSO usually bring you a little tray of handmade chocolates/candies. Too much. On every occasion we've always asked them to package that up "to go."

Enjoy!

I agree that the food is rich but disagree on only ordering one....why have a boring salad when you can have 2 of the more fantastic appetizers or whatever else interests you....I have not done it yet but have read that others usually order a steak type entrée then order a 3rd entrée of the lobster to split for surf and turf so we are going to try that next time....bottom line is you can order whatever you like just like the MDR

Oh and the attire is ALWAYS smart casual every night in Specialty restaurants

We dined in Murano on Solstice a few years back to celebrate the anniversary of our SIL/BIL and we all dressed to the nines! We didn't feel out of place -- in fact, the staff seemed to appreciate the recognition of the event and were extremely attentive. So dress up if you feel like it!

The caviar is $175 per person extra.

Generally speaking, you do choose one item from each section, but they might allow two starters. The portions for the mains are huge, so unless you're a big eater, I'm not sure you'd want more than one main. For the cheese course they bring a cart with about 6 or 7 different cheese selections and you pick the cheeses you want.

The 5 Senses menu is totally separate from the regular menu. For that one, you're given less choices per course, but each course is paired with a different wine. They don't allow substitutions on that menu.

Get as dressed up as you want. You'll both look fantastic. Remember to get your picture taken.

The Specialty Restaurants are very flexible when you order and you will never leave hungry. You can feel relaxed about talking to the waiters about their recommendations or questions if you are not sure. We love them all.

Would we be over dressed if my husband wore his tux and I wore a formal even if it was not a formal night?

Technically yes, but don't worry about it. Dress for yourself, not for everyone else. It's your night, who cares what the couple from Cabin 3110 thinks (if they even notice) ;)

We love the theatre of the table side preparation! Definately one of us chooses the lobster just to see it prepared!

Save some room to enjoy a 'Ballon Rouge' for desert! Another bit of theatre and wonderfully tasty! Beautiful.

As others have said you will get plenty to eat so pace yourself. We prefer the general menu to the wine pairing menu but it is up to you....

I have seen them, obviously in collusion with the husband, serve up gifts or a rose under a silver salver. Much appreciated by the ladyies. Make sure you let them know it is your anniversary, I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Hi lobster 129. Quite simply talk to them. Although the meal flows better if all follow the same menu if you discuss in advance I am sure they can and will sort it for you.

i would not try to sort this by email I would wait until I was on the boat and then talk to them as you make your booking. We have cruised several times and regularly dined in Murano's and their 'liner' inspired M class equivalents. Their aim is always to give you a memorable dining experience.

We find in all the restaurants with 24hr notice they can achieve anything - if they know your group are going to be following two menus I am sure they will sort it. If it is a surprise to them on the night their service will look disjointed, if it is planned for it all will flow....

Have a great cruise.

The caviar is $175 per person extra.

Generally speaking, you do choose one item from each section, but they might allow two starters. The portions for the mains are huge, so unless you're a big eater, I'm not sure you'd want more than one main. For the cheese course they bring a cart with about 6 or 7 different cheese selections and you pick the cheeses you want.

The 5 Senses menu is totally separate from the regular menu. For that one, you're given less choices per course, but each course is paired with a different wine. They don't allow substitutions on that menu.

Get as dressed up as you want. You'll both look fantastic. Remember to get your picture taken.

Yes, it is a memorable dining experience. I do not order the wine pairings but have the premium beverage package and get a variety of wine with that.

The cheese course is outstanding! Be sure to order the Velveeta slices and Triscuits! Excellent!!

We are not new to cruising but new to the Specialty Restaurants. We have looked at Muranos menu and love the many choices. However, we are a bit confused about the ordering.

"Starters \ Caviar \ Entrées \ Cheese Course \ Desserts \ Five Senses"

Do you choose one from each section? What if you have your eye on two different items in a section, can you select multiple items? What about the section "Five Senses"? Do you only select the Five Senses option as you dinner choice? Head spinning. Please help!:confused:

Also we are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and would like to eat at Murano for our special night. Would we be over dressed if my husband wore his tux and I wore a formal even if it was not a formal night?

Thanks in advanced for any insight.

Formal night is one of the busiest in the specialties because it brings in those who don't want to dress formal. I'm a regular at Murano's when onboard so imo, yes, you will be overdressed. That being said, it's your cruise and your cruise is about what you want and making your own experience. If you want to go formal, have at it.

You can absolutely order whatever you want. I regularly get 2 appetizers and that is not in place of anything, it's in addition to. Last time I got the lobster bisque--it's a must imo--but wanted to also try the scallop wellington. I asked if that was ok and was met with "Why not?!!" They're very accommodating.

Yes, it is a memorable dining experience. I do not order the wine pairings but have the premium beverage package and get a variety of wine with that.

The cheese course is outstanding! Be sure to order the Velveeta slices and Triscuits! Excellent!!

Funny! :D:p:D

No, you will not be overdressed. Murano's is a fancy restaurant so dress fancy if you want. It's also a specialty restaurant so some people will be dressed smart casual. That's their business and how you are dressed is none of theirs. Go for it.