Platinum member "Chocholate Delight"

cruiseelady

I am just curious what is included in "chocolate delight", is it a slice of chocolate cake or chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate candy?

Are they already in the cabin after embarkation together with the Carnival logo gift?

Thanks

I am just curious what is included in "chocolate delight", is it a slice of chocolate cake or chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate candy?

Are they already in the cabin after embarkation together with the Carnival logo gift?

Thanks

Four chocolate-covered strawberries, two chocolate fudge balls, and two strawberry French macaroons.

The Platinum gift and Chocolate Delight were delivered to our cabin on separate days during our cruises.

Thanks

The chocolate delight perk equates to running up 6 flights of stairs, an extra 1/2 hr on the treadmill, and swimming/snorkeling for an hour at the first beach on the next port of call.:eek:

Most of the time, it is as the picture above depicts. However, it is sometimes a little different. We have gotten some that were a little different but always with the chocolate covered strawberries. It is usually delivered on Elegant

Night. The logo gift on a different night, the pin also on a different night. It seems like they spread it out so you get a perk on 3 or 4 separate nights.:)

Most of the time, it is as the picture above depicts. However, it is sometimes a little different. We have gotten some that were a little different but always with the chocolate covered strawberries. It is usually delivered on Elegant

Night. The logo gift on a different night, the pin also on a different night. It seems like they spread it out so you get a perk on 3 or 4 separate nights.:)

It is nice when they spread it out.

On Carnival Liberty last month, on a 8 day cruise, for some reason or other, we didn't receive these. We did get strawberries from the Players Club, but nothing from the ship itself. I am wondering that since the strawberries came on the first elegant night, due to a mixup on the ship, if that is why we didn't get them.

I guess we will have to see what happens when we sail again on Carnival Liberty on a 5 day next month.

The chocolate delight perk equates to running up 6 flights of stairs, an extra 1/2 hr on the treadmill, and swimming/snorkeling for an hour at the first beach on the next port of call.:eek:

lol, that's alright, I go to the gym practically every day on the cruise anyway, not worried about a few chocolates.

i do not care for them. They don't taste good. The strawberries are too big and too sour. The cookies are not good. That is my opinion. I would rather have something else.

And before I get flamed, I like the food on Carnival. I like the food in the MDR and on the Lido. We usually dine at the Steak house, Once at least, and if an Italian restaurant is on the ship.......ditto. We have not sailed on The Sunshine so no Asian. We like the Pizza. The Ice Cream. Guy Fiari's burgers...........I patronize Cherry on Top. I patronize the cookie/ coffee bar. I never complained about school lunches. I can eat in Cafeterias. I am not a food snob.

Anyone else that would like something else? Coupon for a drink at any time? Free slice of Cake at the Coffee/Cookie bar? Nice gesture. Just does not taste good. Carnival has some of the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. Why not a cookie tray? REAL cookies. Or Cake. Or fruit.

Edited by AmberTeka

Thanks

It seems the chocolate delight on the Breeze includes exactly nothing. I just got off an 8-day southern cruise on that and there were two platinums in my cabin, no chocolate delight treat at all. We did get a little sugary thing in a box from the steakhouse though as we did go there one night however. In the past it was some chocolate covered cookies or a plate of chocolate covered strawberries or something delivered to the cabin. Whatever. This is the first time I didn't get anything in the cabin for a 5 day or longer platinum cruise. Just another cutback. But if you get something, it should be on the desk counter in the cabin, usually delivered after midday cleaning or evening turndown one a designated cruise day during the trip.

On Carnival Liberty last month, on a 8 day cruise, for some reason or other, we didn't receive these. We did get strawberries from the Players Club, but nothing from the ship itself. I am wondering that since the strawberries came on the first elegant night, due to a mixup on the ship, if that is why we didn't get them.

I guess we will have to see what happens when we sail again on Carnival Liberty on a 5 day next month.

Yeah, I wouldn''t be surprised if they are phasing them out slowly as I didn't get them this last week on the breeze 8 day either. I don't even have a player's club account so there could be no mixup there. They probably didn't give them out and figured some people just wouldn't notice. How much does it cost them to cover 4 strawberries in chocolate sauce and send a couple cookies up to the cabin on a plate? Seriously. Then again on chocolate bonanza day on the last sea day, they didn't even have strawberries for the person to dip in the chocolate fountain either. OK...... but they did have donuts that they would dip in the fountain for you. :confused: Then again they tried to charge us for free wash and fold platinum laundry also, and we had to go to guest services to get that taken off so......lol.

It seems the chocolate delight on the Breeze includes exactly nothing. I just got off an 8-day southern cruise on that and there were two platinums in my cabin, no chocolate delight treat at all. We did get a little sugary thing in a box from the steakhouse though as we did go there one night however. In the past it was some chocolate covered cookies or a plate of chocolate covered strawberries or something delivered to the cabin. Whatever. This is the first time I didn't get anything in the cabin for a 5 day or longer platinum cruise. Just another cutback. But if you get something, it should be on the desk counter in the cabin, usually delivered after midday cleaning or evening turndown one a designated cruise day during the trip.

That might have just been an oversight, forgetting to deliver to your cabin. We were just on the 6 day Breeze before yours, Sept 21-27 and got 2 plates. Usually we only get one so don't know why we got 2 this time. We happened to be in our cabin when it was delivered and when we asked why, he said both were ours. Usually we travel with friends who like them so are able to give them away. We are not fans of the chocolate delight perk.

On this cruise, we knew no one so had to ask our room steward to take one of them. The fridge is just not big enough to put the plate in if the goodies are not consumed right away.

It is usually delivered on Elegant night.

That might have just been an oversight, forgetting to deliver to your cabin. We were just on the 6 day Breeze before yours, Sept 21-27 and got 2 plates. Usually we only get one so don't know why we got 2 this time. We happened to be in our cabin when it was delivered and when we asked why, he said both were ours. Usually we travel with friends who like them so are able to give them away. We are not fans of the chocolate delight perk.

On this cruise, we knew no one so had to ask our room steward to take one of them. The fridge is just not big enough to put the plate in if the goodies are not consumed right away.

It is usually delivered on Elegant night.

Perhaps but that's still a pretty bad oversight. I don't blame the cabin steward either as it's not really his job to go find the treats to deliver to the cabin but somebody messed up. I don't really like the macaroons and the truffles are too sweet for me but it's still a good little perk to have. And yeah, the fridge in a cove balcony room is large enough to put a plate into but it was stocked full of soda and beer for sale by Carnival, like a mini bar. Barely had room to store my bottle of white wine. haha. The goodies will keep just fine for a while if left on the counter most of the time but the plate does take up a lot of space.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ