Bistro on 5, only opening at 4.00 pm?

cinnamon

In a post today live the from Equinox I gather the Bistro on 5 is only opening each day at 4.00 pm. Is this going to be fleet wide does anyone know? We'd are due to sail on Eclipse in a month and were really looking forward to a few lunches in the Bistro, especially on Embarkation day.

We enjoy lunch and brunch there....but maybe on ports days it is under attended?

Perhaps with the new menu they want more dinner patrons,,, new menu looks great. This is one of the best spots on Celebrity ships.!

We went to Bistro on Five for dinner one night. We were in port overnight and had plans off the ship. We were a party of 6. Everyone enjoyed their dinner there....salads, crapes and paninis were very good. There was bar service also, so we had our drinks with dinner. We were too full for dessert. The charge was $7, and we added a $3 tip. It was well worth the money.

Cheers!

We tend to eat lunch there on port days as the MDR is closed. If they don't open until 4PM that will cut that out. This was one of our favorite lunch places. We would never go for dinner. We always have dinner in the Main Dining Room.

What is Celebrity thinking and more importantly doing?????:mad:

We tend to eat lunch there on port days as the MDR is closed. If they don't open until 4PM that will cut that out. This was one of our favorite lunch places. We would never go for dinner. We always have dinner in the Main Dining Room.

Many have said that there is rarely anyone in there except on embarkation day, so possibly Celebrity doesn't feel the need to have servers, cooks, etc., on duty, when there are so few eating lunch in there. I would think that if the new menu doesn't help increase the amount of customers eating there, they should turn into some other kind of restaurant that more people want to eat at.

In a post today live the from Equinox I gather the Bistro on 5 is only opening each day at 4.00 pm. Is this going to be fleet wide does anyone know? We'd are due to sail on Eclipse in a month and were really looking forward to a few lunches in the Bistro, especially on Embarkation day.

We were on the Equinox last month for 13 nights. On port days BO5 opened later. On sea days it opened for breakfast and stayed open until late night. I can see why they changed the hours.

Edited by cruisingator2

I agree! :confused:

As far as I can tell that leaves nowhere to have a sit down lunch on port days if you don't go ashore (which we do (don't go ashore) more and more in the Caribbean.) :(

Edited by chamima

I agree! :confused:

As far as I can tell that leaves nowhere to have a sit down lunch on port days if you don't go ashore (which we do (don't go ashore) more and more in the Caribbean.) :(

On S class, what about the porch.?

also there are a few tables at Aquaspa cafe but a more limited choice of food...no table service...room service?

buffet on X better than some others but we try to avoid it as much as possible..,

On S class, what about the porch.?

also there are a few tables at Aquaspa cafe but a more limited choice of food...no table service...room service?

buffet on X better than some others but we try to avoid it as much as possible..,

No porch on Eclipse or Equinox.

We'll most probably be at the Aqua Spa Cafe - it's less crowded on port days.

It's nice but still not really a sit down lunch - better than the buffet, though.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the Eclipse in November. We like to eat at Bistro on Five 1-2x per cruise for lunch or brunch especially if we have a shore excursion that interferes with having time for lunch at one of the other restaurants that doesn't open in time for an adequate lunch before for a 1/2-day afternoon shore excursion.

Can anyone tell us about the changes with Eclipse's Bistro on Five and the current schedule? New menu in place now? Now $7.00 per person? Still open on embarkation day for lunch? Only open sea days all day and not open until 4pm on port days? Or open all day or not until 4pm whether sea day or port day?

Too bad no Porch on Eclipse and Equinox, especially if Bistro doesn't open up until 4pm on port days or all days.

We were on Reflection in April when it was still $5.00, the "old" menu, and open everyday throughout the day, except delayed start on embarkation day and closed on debarkation day.

Thanks,

Kathy

On our March/ April 2014 B2B on Summit, Bistro was not open when we boarded. They were serving complimentary lunch to B2B cruisers. It opened a bit later for everyone else. (They DID accommodate our large group before the public opening, though, after initially saying they could not.) Then when we were on our turnaround day, we enjoyed lunch there while everyone else was boarding. It has always been our favorite spot to have lunch and wait for cabins to be opened on embarkation day. I would ask, as they are so eager to please and will possibly permit you if they are not overly busy with B2B pax.

Doris

We were on Eclipse in June and eat in Bistro on 5 upon boarding at around 13:15

We had lunch almost every day (if not every day) on the Summit, last year, expect when we were in port, in Bistro 5. We expected to do the same on our upcoming sailing (8/31.) We will be VERY DISAPPOINTED if Bistro 5 is not open for lunch. We eat in Blu for dinner, so we have no interest in dining there for dinner.

Edited by bboop51

Hope this isn't a change fleet wide (Closed until 4:00 PM on Port Days)... As we often like to get off the ship early in port do our own thing (excursion or exploring) and come back to the Ship for Lunch before heading off again. On those days, Bistro on 5 has been our lunch venue of choice.

I will be watching this thread closely in the months to come.

Cheers!

We love the bistro and have always enjoyed eating there once or twice per cruise. It's always been a nice, relaxing venue to eat. Does anyone have a copy of the new menu? Looking forward to eating there in Dec. on the Equinox.

Sometime back there were rumors that the Bistro on 5 would close. I like it. I eat there lunchtime. It is a sane place on embarkation day and all port days when the main dining room is closed. If Bistro is closed for lunch, it limits choices for lunch. Again, another cutback. When does it stop? Each time I read about another change, I think THIS IS MODERN LUXURY? I still don't know what that means. I miss the old Celebrity days when the MDR was open for every meal. I really hate buffets. To me luxury is being served not standing in lines or trying to find a unoccupied table.

Last month on Summit, Bistro on 5 didn't open until sometime after noon onembarkation day. Thereafter it opened in the morning and offered the existing menu and the expanded menu for dinner.

Sounds like X is experimenting to see how passengers like different times.