Legend

Hobar

Looking at short cruise (as we still work) in Feb 2015 for big b'day (saving bucket list cruise to Antarctica for another year), and saw Legend, 7 days, Aruba to St. Martin. I welcome all your thoughts (and I know CC posters are not shy) on the aging Legend, as I have concerns about whether it being upkept considering it is being sold. I have been on the big sisters and really have become fond of them, but what are all your thoughts on short getaway on the Legend? Service, food, and perhaps most important to us, the condition of the ship and the cabins??

Warm regards to everyone who responds.

Cramped? Never. Legend is in fine condition for her age. I sailed Pride's final crossing and she was turned over to Windstar in ship shape. The little sisters will be sorely missed--an elegant era of yacht-like cruising never to be replicated.

Ah, but the memories!

The Legend was always the ship of choice for us. I think that you would love it.

It is a crying shame that the small ships will be no more. The only thing that would trouble me on the cruise you have shown is the air booking. Those islands are not always the easiest way to go. Lola

Cramped? Never. Legend is in fine condition for her age. I sailed Pride's final crossing and she was turned over to Windstar in ship shape. The little sisters will be sorely missed--an elegant era of yacht-like cruising never to be replicated.

Ah, but the memories!

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I think your remark that it "is in fine condition for her age" sums up my concerns. Yes, we do have the memories though, and I think I want to keep those memories. (You can't go back, as they say.)

The Legend was always the ship of choice for us. I think that you would love it.

It is a crying shame that the small ships will be no more. The only thing that would trouble me on the cruise you have shown is the air booking. Those islands are not always the easiest way to go. Lola

Hmmm, I have not looked at air fares yet. Of the little guys, I did like the Legend the best, but I must admit, the service on the Pride was beyond - I heard that many of the "regulars" sailed the Pride and that is why the service was even more superb. I liked the more familiar service on the Legend though. I doubt most people would discern any difference, so it is interesting you said that.

Edited by Hobar

You forgot the number on A team member --- Captain Anderssen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for Captain A. Our very favourite. Always mingling with passengers, breakfast and lunch with them, sharing excursions......

Capt. Anderssen is home in Norway. I stay in touch with he and his lovely wife. I have his home e-mail if anyone would like to have it. (I do not post my e-mail on CC but host Dan will be happy to give it to you) I don't think he'll be able to return to Master a ship....age, etc. But we certainly would open our arms to him if it is possible for him to "come home " to us!:p He is so admired and loved!

Martita B

p.s. (I've just returned home yesterday from a week in the hospital so have been "out of order".....feeling much better now that I'm home.....the most perfect place!)

Well Margaret there is always a chance we will see him again as he has come out of retirement on three different occasions.So why not a fourth ?

Wouldn't it be great if he appeared on the Legend in Lisbon? Even as a passenger?!!!!

Hi Hobar,

We sailed with you on the Sojourn in December 2011 to SA, regarding your enquiry about the Legend, we just sailed on it to Norway in July and found the ship in excellent condition, every crew member that we encountered was superb, food service and nightly entertainment was great. Captain Dag was terrific and made this cruise on the Legend among the best we've experienced todate!

Hi Hobar,

We sailed with you on the Sojourn in December 2011 to SA, regarding your enquiry about the Legend, we just sailed on it to Norway in July and found the ship in excellent condition, every crew member that we encountered was superb, food service and nightly entertainment was great. Captain Dag was terrific and made this cruise on the Legend among the best we've experienced todate!

I am sailing on the Legend at the moment. Crew have been wonderful, amongst the best we have experienced. Captain Dag returned to the helm at the start of the British Isles cruise and he has been doing a superb job. Laurent Lalouer as Hotel Director has been keeping good control. For those of you getting on in London you will be in good hands. Ship is continually being maintained by the crew.

Julie

Julie

Thank you for posting the good news......wish I could be aboard!

Please tell one of my all time favorite Staff members, "Lulu" "the Texas Scalawag" sends him love and big hugs! Ask him about his 'lit Boy.......last time I saw pictures his little Boy looked exactly like his Papa. Pete 'n rePete :D

Again, thank you ~~YOU made my day!

Have a fantastic Legend voyage

Martita B

I am sailing on the Legend at the moment. Crew have been wonderful, amongst the best we have experienced. Captain Dag returned to the helm at the start of the British Isles cruise and he has been doing a superb job. Laurent Lalouer as Hotel Director has been keeping good control. For those of you getting on in London you will be in good hands. Ship is continually being maintained by the crew.

Julie

Julie - who is CD and assistant CD? Hope the weather and seas are kind to you as you sail round our (little!) island!

Margaret

Martita I passed on your best wishes and Laurent sends his warm regards back to a "lovely lady". His boys are growing fast and well. They are now six and three years old.

Margaret from London David E. will be getting off and Simon Gillespie will be CD and Heather his assistant. I can't remember her surname.

Just docking at the Isle of Man and it is a lovely, sunny day.

Julie

Julie

Thank you soooo much for sending my hugs to Lulu ~I gave him his nickname about 11 years ago on the Pride......I think he was in the dining room! He was such a favorite 'way back then of Herman Diaz, (ask Lulu as to "Mr Seabourn", Herman) Miss A, the Millers, the Cass's, Lorraine T, and many others who sailed the Pride Queen.

Have a wonderful day on the beautiful Isle of Man ~~ I would love to visit again.

Martita B

Julie, Is David E staying with Seabourn when the little sisters have all gone? He was CD on our two S cruises, and admitted that he favoured the little ones. J

Yes,David E is staying with Seabourn and will go to the larger ships.