Oosterdam-What are all the no-cost dining options?

Tutterbart

Hello! New to Oosterdam here...I'm confused with what restaurants/cafes etc offer no-cost food? The variety is confusing. I understand that there are 3 specialty dining restaurants that have a cost. Are there coffee shops/small cafes that offer no-cost food as well? Thank you!:)

Main Dining Room and the Lido (buffet with many "stations", like Asian, pasta, salad bar, etc.) are complimentary. I think the Oosterdam has the complimentary New York Piazza, too, which has excellent made to-order pizza, a couple of pre-made salads and a dessert or two.

You won't go hungry, but if you do, the Explorations Cafe usually will hand out the small nibbles they have free without you purchasing a coffee.

Main Dining Room and the Lido (buffet with many "stations", like Asian, pasta, salad bar, etc.) are complimentary. I think the Oosterdam has the complimentary New York Piazza, too, which has excellent made to-order pizza, a couple of pre-made salads and a dessert or two.

Plus the Dive-In Burger at the Lido Pool and small complimentary pastries if you order a coffee at Explorations Cafe.

We were on Oosterdam last March and enjoyed it very much.

There are only two specialty dinning venues on Oosterdam. They are the Pinnacle Grill and Canalettos. We took most of our meals in the PG and dined one night in Canaletto. We enjoyed both.

Sometimes there are extra special evenings in the PG. For example, there may be a "pop-up" restaurant in the PG only on one evening. Holland is changing the name and concept so check on board.

There is a burger place called the Dive In. Very good burgers. It's included so there is no cost. You can have it delivered to your room for around five bucks.

The Main Dining Room is included at all times as is the Lido Buffet.

You can also have a steak a/o lobster as room service for around $15 or so from the PG. Not the same menu as the sit down dining in the PG.

BTW, you can get complimentary room service delivered to your room for any item on the MDR menu when the MDR is open.

We didn't go to the coffee shops so I can't help you there.

Here's a link with more information. Not all services are available on Oosterdam.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Innovations_Dining&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

You can dine very well without spending a dime.

Plus the Dive-In Burger at the Lido Pool and small complimentary pastries if you order a coffee at Explorations Cafe.

Snacks and pastries are free at the Explorations Cafe, around the corner from the Crow's Nest on Deck 9, even if you do not purchase a beverage.

IMG_0710-Large.jpg

Rocketman touched on room service. There is a room service menu with most of the items complimentary in addition to being able to order anything from the MDR menu while they are open. Room service is available 24 hours a day.

Plus ice cream, cookies and bread pudding are available in the Lido Buffet most of the afternoon and part of the evening - our downfall.

Afternoon tea is served at 3 or 3:30 each day and comes with an assortment of finger sandwiches and pastries.

Bob Appetite! m--

Hello! New to Oosterdam here...I'm confused with what restaurants/cafes etc offer no-cost food? The variety is confusing. I understand that there are 3 specialty dining restaurants that have a cost. Are there coffee shops/small cafes that offer no-cost food as well? Thank you!:)

Also a Taco Bar adjacent to the Dive-in - not bad for a "Mexican Buffet".......

Did read it right? Can you order a steak or lobster tail from room service from the Pinnacle Grill for only $15? Apps too? Sounds too good to be true!

DD

Sorry no.

Filet is $15-. If you want the lobster (5 oz) to make it surf n turf, there is a $10 surcharge.

Another room service menu option is to order the 12 oz Maine Lobster.

The steak is served with whipped potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and creamed spinach.

There are no apps offered on the PG Room Service menu.

Does anyone know the surcharge for the room service 12 oz lobster tail? This could be a bargain :p

While I'm being fanciful, can a couple order more than two room service dinners at a time? A standard dinner plus a lobster tail would be quite a treat, if it doesn't break the bank.:evilsmile:

DD

Does anyone know the surcharge for the room service 12 oz lobster tail? This could be a bargain :p

While I'm being fanciful, can a couple order more than two room service dinners at a time? A standard dinner plus a lobster tail would be quite a treat, if it doesn't break the bank.:evilsmile:

DD

From what I saw on the on board in room dining on the Rotterdam just over 2 months ago, the 12 oz lobster tail seemed to be the same price as the filet offered (and the 12 oz striploin).

there was no charge for room service unless you choose to tip (which we do).

I see no reason why you couldn't order a regular MDR dinner (which is free) and the PG surcharge meal with it ;) If you so wanted. the amount of food one wants on HAL has never been an issue from what I have seen on these boards and on board ;)

DD

Here is the Room Service menu with all appropriate charges (scroll down to PG):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Room-Service-and-Breakfast-Card.pdf

Crew News, that is perfect. E are taking the 38 day cruise from San Francisco to Auckland later this year. We may do a Room Service or two during the trip. I assume you got the info on the HA site, but I did not see it.

Thanks again.

DD

Crew News, that is perfect. E are taking the 38 day cruise from San Francisco to Auckland later this year. We may do a Room Service or two during the trip. I assume you got the info on the HA site, but I did not see it.

Thanks again.

DD

His info came from his last cruise, the same as mine.

I doubt we will see this on the HAL site. It's in the room when you get on board, and, of course, subject to change.

Thanks again.

DD

I was given the Room Service electronic file by a member of the Noordam crew.