(Suite) luggage tags... mailed?

Tom-n-Cheryl

There's probably tens of thousands of those things floating around out there so today's value is pretty much nothing. But since they do have the old logo, someday they may be worth considerably more than $5. Not likely in my lifetime however.....:(

Only option is to print yourself. I just printed mine for 18 April.

Dennis

Does everyone staple the luggage tags on at home or wait until right before you give the luggage to the ship porter? I'm always afraid they will get torn off by the taxi driver, hotel bellboy, spouse, etc before we get to the ship. But, that requires me to carry a small stapler and attach them last minute before handing them off to a ship porter. There must be a better way? Thanks

Does everyone staple the luggage tags on at home or wait until right before you give the luggage to the ship porter? ... There must be a better way? Thanks

My TA sent me some clear, heavy plastic sleeves that I attach to the suitcase handle. I just slide the HAL tag into it before I leave the hotel.

Plastic sleeves like that can be purchased.

Does everyone staple the luggage tags on at home or wait until right before you give the luggage to the ship porter? I'm always afraid they will get torn off by the taxi driver, hotel bellboy, spouse, etc before we get to the ship. But, that requires me to carry a small stapler and attach them last minute before handing them off to a ship porter. There must be a better way? Thanks

We just attach to those plastic things that you can use to hook things (can't remember the technical name). slip them through and hook them in. They work great. You need a pair of scissors to take them off. We don't use staplers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just attach to those plastic things that you can use to hook things (can't remember the technical name). slip them through and hook them in. They work great. You need a pair of scissors to take them off. We don't use staplers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HERE'S the ones we've been using.

Tom

Since you've been around HAL for some time, can I assume that in the past they did mail out tags? Can I further assume that this stopped at some point after Carnival stepped into the picture?

Carnival bought HAL in 1989. We first sailed on HAL in 2007 and they changed to the current system of printing your own luggage tags a some time after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Boytjie

Great idea! You're awesome RuthC :)

CC sells sleeves to use for luggage tags. I bought some a while ago and they work great. They priced very fair, stand up well and don't require an art class to figure out how to use them. :)

See the link at the top of the page that says "CC Store".

I use those tag holders and attach them with pipe cleaners.

Good idea - the plastic loop which comes with that is the weakest link after several uses. Not to mention that pipe cleaners would be quicker.

Tom

IMO it's not really the bag tags that were expensive to make and send, but rather the KnowBeforeYouGo and Excursions brochures, and those silly round tin pins that said Mariner ... and of course the pouch to hold it all. Most of it was just a waste of money, and I don't mind not getting it over and over.

BTW three years ago we did one segment of a Grand Mediterranean cruise, and they did send us a pouch full of stuff just like old times. When we got to the pier the first thing the agent did is tear off the pre-printed tags that were mailed, and put on new ones. I don't know why, as there wasn't any change of cabins at the pier. :)

Celebrity still sends tags on request. They do not send out the other documents, just the tags.