Pinnacle Grill Petit Fours

qsuzi

Are petit fours included in your dinner at the Pinnacle Grill? If so we did not receive them.

Petit Fours at the Pinnacle Grill on HAL were named among "best desserts" in a Cruise Critic blog about Best Cruise Ship desserts. "After dining at extra-charge steakhouse Pinnacle Grill, available fleetwide, you'll be surprised at your table with a small plate of petit fours, ranging in variety from fruity to chocolatey".

Yes, they are included. They're usually the chocolate truffles that is received at the end of the meal, on the tiered plates. I, personally, think of petit fours as tiny cakes about an inch and a half square, not as truffles/chocolates so I could see how you might have thought you missed out if you also perceive petit fours in the same way that I do.

How are you doing? Haven't chatted with you in a while? Where did you go?

Yes, they are included. They're usually the chocolate truffles that is received at the end of the meal, on the tiered plates. I, personally, think of petit fours as tiny cakes about an inch and a half square, not as truffles/chocolates so I could see how you might have thought you missed out if you also perceive petit fours in the same way that I do.

How are you doing? Haven't chatted with you in a while? Where did you go?

Yes, ^^ :)

I remember when, along with the chocolate, they always had lemon drops, rolled in confectioner's sugar, on the tiered silver server. They were sooo good. :)

For all the times, in all the years, I have dined at Pinnacle Grill, I have never seen true Petit Fours served. They are what Alberta Quilter described above, being small bites of cake, layered with various sweets, and coated in chocolate or other coating, then decorated.

What HAL serves are truffles, and other small treats.

For all the times, in all the years, I have dined at Pinnacle Grill, I have never seen true Petit Fours served. They are what Alberta Quilter described above, being small bites of cake, layered with various sweets, and coated in chocolate or other coating, then decorated.

What HAL serves are truffles, and other small treats.

Yes that is exactly what Petit Fours are and I haven't seen them on HAL. They can be coated in chocolate or hard pink or yellow icing, and decorated very prettily. I always find them too sweet, but that's just me.

Edited by Lizzie68

The Petit Fours in the Pinnacle and at the Mariners's Brunch are chocolates.

Some are good , some are pretty average. We actually like them, because, like Ruth, we LOVE chocolate (OK, maybe not as much as she does! No one else qualifies for that level).

Thank you all for your response and information. I'm surprised that they are served in addition to dessert. We left right after dessert so that's probably why we didn't know about the petit fours.

Alberta, just been very busy but I do lurk. We are very happy that our next cruise in June will be on the Westerdam again. I read that you and your mom will be cruising again in April. That's great!

Edited by qsuzi

Thank you all for your response and information. I'm surprised that they are served in addition to dessert. We left right after dessert so that's probably why we didn't know about the petit fours.

Alberta, just been very busy but I do lurk. We are very happy that our next cruise in June will be on the Westerdam again. I read that you and your mom will be cruising again in April. That's great!

We've never had them served after the dessert, but right after you order dessert. They come on the top level of the cream and sugar caddy.

Nice to see you back and posting. Alaska on the Westerdam will be a great cruise!!

We've never had them served after the dessert, but right after you order dessert. They come on the top level of the cream and sugar caddy.

Nice to see you back and posting. Alaska on the Westerdam will be a great cruise!!

That has always been our experience, as well. We have always had the truffles served just after we ordered our desserts. :)

People can keep the truffles and the Petit Fours. All I want is the sliver service tray they use.

A small Ziploc bag will work fine to take a few truffles back to your stateroom if you are too sated to eat all of them.

The chocolates are nice to help sooth the harshness of the so called coffee. I enjoy a bold cup of coffee. but have all but given up on Pinnacle coffee. As for the rest of the meal, nights when we dine in the Pinnacle are always one of the highlights of my day.

A small Ziploc bag will work fine to take a few truffles back to your stateroom if you are too sated to eat all of them.

I just want the serving tray. Now walking out the door with the serving tray in a ziplock bag would make folklore history on the ship.

I just want the serving tray. Now walking out the door with the serving tray in a ziplock bag would make folklore history on the ship.

Make you a deal Emerson... I'll grab the silver serving tray for you if you'll carry off 4 of the smaller hot water carafes that Room Service brings filled with my hot tea water. :D Can't find the darn things anywhere. :(

Make you a deal Emerson... I'll grab the silver serving tray for you if you'll carry off 4 of the smaller hot water carafes that Room Service brings filled with my hot tea water. :D Can't find the darn things anywhere. :(

Have you checked the bottom of the carafe? It might tell the company and perhaps a google/e-bay search might help?

OR ask Dining Room Manager if he will let you know from what company they buy them.

I have looked for those same carafes before. I find 64oz ones, but never small ones. One idea is to find your local restaurant supply store.

I have never touched the truffles in all the years we have been eating in the Pinnacle---so if we happen to be eating there at the same time on our upcoming Alaska cruise, please feel free to drop by our table with your Baggie and help yourself. :)

I've been know to ask for extras. They happily wrap them in a foil swan. Thereupon I swan it back to our cabin and stuff my face.