Flight times?

twinbabies

Sailing on the Breeze and am trying to book our flight. Would a 10am flight be too early out of Miami????

Absolutely. I would definitely not book something until at least 1:00 in the afternoon.

You never know if the ship will get held up by customs etc.

I also hear the TSA lines are horrendous and 2 to 3 hour wait depending on what airport you're going out of. (cutbacks)

Hopefully it will be over by the time you fly. Good Luck.

It is a huge gamble. I have been off the ship in POM and at FLL by 9:00 but have also be stuck onboard waiting for customs to clear the ship and have not made the trip from POM to MIA until 10:00.

After a fantastic vacation why get right back into the rat race trying to rush to the airport?

We book our flight from Miami to San Diego around 3pm - 6pm... Just in case the ship doesn't make it back by 6am.... And with the way things are going for Carnival with their broke ships, why take the chance. Give yourself some room. For us, there's no rush getting home.

Fred

We book our flight from Miami to San Diego around 3pm - 6pm... Just in case the ship doesn't make it back by 6am.... And with the way things are going for Carnival with their broke ships, why take the chance. Give yourself some room. For us, there's no rush getting home.

Fred

Sorry alittle off topic ..are you the gentleman who posted a picture of those who remove tips? I think you are but want to make sure :)

Their are way too many tipping threads and so many people not doing the right thing for the staff that works so hard for us during our vacation maybe people will think differently if they know

Would you post the picture or link .The link I have does not show the picture anymore and as I understand it the picture hosting site is no longer available

I made the 10AM flight from Miami with no problem last month after disembarking the Breeze. I did self-assist and was sitting in the airport by 7:30. Yes, it's a gamble, but one I was willing to take.

Sailing on the Breeze and am trying to book our flight. Would a 10am flight be too early out of Miami????

I made a 9:50 AM flight in Miami three weeks ago with an hour to spare. I had early debarkation and took a taxi to the airport instead of waiting for a bus to fill up. The problem is though that if immigration delays debarkation for some reason, you could be delayed debarking. Other possible delays exist too such as fog that delays the ship docking, traffic, etc. It's risky, but I have done it successfully out of Miami many times. If you try it, be aware that you could have to pay airline change fees and face a fare increase if you miss the flight. You have to decide if you are you willing to accept that risk. Knowing that Southwest Airlines doesn't fly out of MIA, and they are the only airline that doesn't charge a change fee, you will likely have to pay $150-$200 change fee plus whatever the fare increase is for choosing a flight at last minute since the cheaper early booking fares like 21 day advance wouldn't apply.

Probably too early but with self assist possible. You could call the airline and ask what would happen if you did miss the flight. What day of the week is it, what flights behind yours and would they upcharge you for being standby etc. ME I'd eat the $200 for peace of mind.

Yep, $200 x 4 is a lot of moolah.

You can get a hotel for the night for a lot less than that. What does airfare look like for the next day? Is it possible you can spend the night in Miami and get a better flight the next day?

It would depend on a few things. We returned home from the Breeze last Sunday. We had a 10:50 am flight. I was nervous when the sequester was going on but luckily that resolved while we were cruising. I booked the flight since we normally arrive at the airport by 8am. We are Platinum and prefer the self assist debarkation. We had to be in the Saphire dining room by 6:30am which is where VIP. Self assist were assigned. We were walked off the ship at 7:15 and out front getting into a taxi. We checked in and cleared security by 8:30am. We were able to skip any of the lines at the airport as we have Delta's Sky Priority. The regular lines weren't bad at all. I'd book an early flight again without hesitation. However I am a roll with the flow type of person and would be willing to risk having to rebook if I missed our flight. We also have travel insurance. It all depends on your comfort level. If we were not platinum with self assist I wouldn't book anything before 11am.

If you book the earlier flight, definitely get insurance! The price difference is pretty steep. It's worked out for many people but it could easily go the other way. As a solo, it's much easier to navigate, keeping track of four of you adds to the possible complications. I've only done self-disembark lately, it got me off the ship and past customs by 7:30am last time.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Probably too early but with self assist possible. You could call the airline and ask what would happen if you did miss the flight. What day of the week is it, what flights behind yours and would they upcharge you for being standby etc. ME I'd eat the $200 for peace of mind.

I guess I misread your post. For $200. pp extra I'd take the chance or look for a hotel. Has that happen to me once and we found a decent hotel with transportation both ways for under $75. If all 4 of you share a room it shouldn't be over $100. BUT we were warned not to stray far from the hotel at night.

I never understood why people like to cut it so short? Is it an excitement thing?

I personally think there are way too many variables outside of our control than to roll the dice and try to make an "early" flight.

I never understood why people like to cut it so short? Is it an excitement thing?

I personally think there are way too many variables outside of our control than to roll the dice and try to make an "early" flight.

It is almost always a money thing ... those early flights are cheaper for a reason (they are less popular as they can be hard to make).

Keep in mind that travel insurance may not cover you if you book earlier than the cruise line's earliest recommended departure time.

And when I called our travel insurance to check on this before booking an 11:15 AM flight out of FLL (cruised out of Port Everglades), I was told that the ship had to arrive at least 3 hours later than scheduled for the insurance to pay for change of flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Well luck was on my side!!! We waited, we deliberated and I said I'm going to do one more search before I book. (Insert heavenly hallelujah) we found a flight that not only doesn't leave until 1:50pm we arrive earlier as well!! Oh and bonus it's $200 cheaper than the other flight!!!!! Thanks for all the advice:D

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Well luck was on my side!!! We waited, we deliberated and I said I'm going to do one more search before I book. (Insert heavenly hallelujah) we found a flight that not only doesn't leave until 1:50pm we arrive earlier as well!! Oh and bonus it's $200 cheaper than the other flight!!!!! Thanks for all the advice:D

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I'm really glad you found that new flight. 10:00 AM would be way too close for comfort in my opinion. When I was on the Breeze debarkation didn't even start till 9:00 AM. It took that long to clear the ship. People with early flights were really anxious. No way to end a wonderful cruise vacation.

Archived