Majesty Diamond Lounge Sneaking In

Just off Majesty and every night part of VCL was sectioned off for Diamond Event. However, I saw tons of people sneak in with no status or low status. One guy in particular keep going in, taking food and sneaking out.

We also sat and spoke to a guy for 30 minutes who was Emerald. He was hanging out having drinks, food etc.

Got me wondering, what are these people thinking? Did Emerald dude just not realize? Did the guy sneaking in just not care if he was caught? I don't think I would have the stones to do this, I would be scared and embarrassed.

Also Royal did nothing to police this, do they not care, doesn't it hurt their profit margins?

I think the biggest surprise was that no D/D+ or Ps said anything. Usually the higher tiers are the number one hall monitor.

I loved Majesty's diamond event, the spread was nicer than most ships I was shocked. Also wondering why that is?

Let the flames begin, discuss

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

There's just a sign and maybe a velvet rope; it's not really sectioned off; no card access door I could understand why people would just think it was an appetizer/happy hour. Some may be trying to get away with something, but others may be totally clueless as to what it is/who it is for and think they are just in the right place at the right time for some views and drinks/snacks. Last time I was on Majesty we sat with a couple and it was their very first cruise; they thought it was just happy hour up there before dinner, they had no idea. I did not think they were trying to scam anything. They couldn't believe the drinks were free, they were so impressed and amazed. They weren't making a scene about it and it's not my job to police or embarass anyone so I just let them know, yeah, this is a perk you get as part of the rewards program.

Just off Majesty and every night part of VCL was sectioned off for Diamond Event. However, I saw tons of people sneak in with no status or low status. One guy in particular keep going in, taking food and sneaking out.

We also sat and spoke to a guy for 30 minutes who was Emerald. He was hanging out having drinks, food etc.

Got me wondering, what are these people thinking? Did Emerald dude just not realize? Did the guy sneaking in just not care if he was caught? I don't think I would have the stones to do this, I would be scared and embarrassed.

Also Royal did nothing to police this, do they not care, doesn't it hurt their profit margins?

I think the biggest surprise was that no D/D+ or Ps said anything. Usually the higher tiers are the number one hall monitor.

I loved Majesty's diamond event, the spread was nicer than most ships I was shocked. Also wondering why that is?

Let the flames begin, discuss

We were also on that cruise and on Sunday night we saw many people get asked to leave from the servers. Yes, they just walked in and helped themselves to the appetizers. Didn't take long though before they were asked to leave. They didn't have anybody checking cards as you walked in like on other ships.

The appetizers were a very nice and different selection. Never have seen sushi before!!

I think the VC has a section for non D's and above, The roped off area is supposed to be for D and above but many people that walk into the VC who are not D are not aware of the D event. Yes, a small sign by the roped off area but easy to miss especially if one is hungry.

You are right it's probably of mixture of both....

The guy we talked to seemed to have no idea it was Diamond and above event. But the one guy sneaking in knew full well because he was kicked out on Night 1.

But on Night 2 and 3 he sat at edge were sign was then waited for servers to leave and he ran in got food then went back to his seat.

So strange since it's not like the windjammer had no food

Just back today from our MJ B2B. Went to the VC every evening, but never stayed for the whole shift. Missed all the above. But can confirm this - the spread they put out is very good. You good put together a very good meal with the apps they have available there.

Off topic, but some may care to know . . . MJ is going for an 'extended dry dock' in January. Chops is expected to move into where Compass Deli is, and have a bit more extra space on deck 12 as well.

Rick and Deirdra

Just back today from our MJ B2B. Went to the VC every evening, but never stayed for the whole shift. Missed all the above. But can confirm this - the spread they put out is very good. You good put together a very good meal with the apps they have available there.

Off topic, but some may care to know . . . MJ is going for an 'extended dry dock' in January. Chops is expected to move into where Compass Deli is, and have a bit more extra space on deck 12 as well.

Rick and Deirdra

End of Compass Deli?

Rick and Deirdra

Our friend finally gets his big profit center!

On Grandeur, recently, they had a different staff person at the door every night, so we had to present our cards each time we entered. No chance to play "of course you know me". I thought that was smart.

On Grandeur, recently, they had a different staff person at the door every night, so we had to present our cards each time we entered. No chance to play "of course you know me". I thought that was smart.

We just got off GR a couple of weeks ago. The concierges in the CL and DL asked me the first time they saw me what my stateroom number was so they know who belongs and who doesn't. The overflows for both are outside the controlled door, but the concierge's paid attention. We were only in the DL the first night. We spent the rest of the cruise in the CL but the concierge (Francis) knew who we were after the first night and he often walked through talking to people.

We were playing cards outside the roped off area of the MJS before the event and then the staff realized it wasn't big enough so they moved the ropes to include us. The staff later approached us to see if we wanted a drink, which we declined as we are not Diamond folks. I have to admit the food smelled wonderful. We are just working our way up to that status. Personally, I don't need to be encouraged to eat more than I already do on a cruise.

We were playing cards outside the roped off area of the MJS before the event and then the staff realized it wasn't big enough so they moved the ropes to include us. The staff later approached us to see if we wanted a drink, which we declined as we are not Diamond folks. I have to admit the food smelled wonderful. We are just working our way up to that status. Personally, I don't need to be encouraged to eat more than I already do on a cruise.

That's very interesting. The same thing happened to us many years ago on the Grandeur. We were playing cards and when it came time for the Diamond Event (were were newbies so had no idea what they were doing) they told us to just stay put and not to leave if we didn't want to. Quite honestly, I think this kindness is one reason why we became such loyal Royal cruisers. I can't recall whether we had a drink or not. Most likely we did...but we were very impressed with this event and have never sailed another line since.

Anyone have a drink menu for the evening event? I know some of the wines on previous ships have not been top class. And I know it is free but at least it should be drinkable. I should add that the servers have always gotten us an acceptable wine when we have ask....

Anyone have a drink menu for the evening event? I know some of the wines on previous ships have not been top class. And I know it is free but at least it should be drinkable. I should add that the servers have always gotten us an acceptable wine when we have ask....

This will give you an idea:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52025823&postcount=85

Looking forward to sneaking in there this time tomorrow:cool::halo:

Yeah, like you would have to sneak in birthday girl!! :D;)

Happy birthday in advance!! :D

Edited by island lady

Once again, the only thing consistent on RCI's ships...is inconsistency. Most of the DL overflow into the VCL lounge on ships we have been on, there is a "guard dog" at the entrance for the entire couple of hours. Not really good profit to

be made on serving drinks to pax that have not paid for the privilege....whether $$$$ over time...or $$$ booked in a suite.

I am very surprised they don't station a crew member at the entrance. And some to just to sneak in to get food??!! ;p Are you kidding me??!! Go to the WJ and stuff to your hearts content!! :hearteyes:

Will be interesting the end of the month when we board MJ for the first time. ;)