Ready To Cry!

not2old

We are supposed to leave tomorrow on our flight to FLL @ 9:30am from Richmond on Jet Blu. The first part of this plane's travel involves leaving Boston @ 7:ooam and coming in to Richmond. Have checked the forcast and it's terrible! Snow starting up there around midnight and on thru tomorrow! Our chances of getting out of Richmond for our Allure cruise on Sunday are beginning to look very dim! I'm trying not to cry-yet! If it wasn't for bad luck,we wouldn't have any! We won't know anything until 7am tomorrow morning... Wish us luck-Good Luck, that is!

I believe you can still buy travel insurance up to the day of travel. I suggest you check this out.

Thanks, hve insurance and have already spoken with them. Driving is out of the question due to DH's health issues, but thanks for the suggestion...

Jet Blue is a great airline when it comes to this stuff. If you're really concerned, call and ask to have your depature city changed to a more southern\western location. Then do a one-way car rental to get to that airport. It'll cost more, but you may have more peace of mind in the end.

Good luck!!!!

We're not supposed to get that much snow in No. VA. Last I saw was Richmond might get a couple of inches at most and probably mix with rain. And Richmond isn't even in a warning or advisory area. I don't know what forecast you're looking at but it's supposed to be 38 in Richmond tomorrow with little to no snow accumulation so no matter what falls, it will not be an issue. This has been a northeast storm all along. You will not have a weather problem unless they cancel in Boston due to the coming storm. But you won't have a problem getting out of Richmond at all. Boston could be a problem if the snow comes in early enough there as they are forecast to get a big storm, but Richmond is fine.

ETA, I just read your post for the 4th time and finally get you're concerned about Boston. Your cruise isn't until Sunday, you can still get there if you reschedule. There are ways around it.

In getting out! We're in the NYC area and supposed to get 3 to 6 inches. We leave Saturday for a cruise on Sunday on the Freedom. We're not worried as they clear the roads pretty good. You'll have almost two days to get there, I'm sure you'll be fine! Enjoy your cruise!

I checked and #1121 is still open for sat. and Sun. morn. at 930. Keep checking or change to Sat. Great NS flight, 2hrs. and you are done.

Where are you staying pre-cruise? Have Allure booked for later in the year, waiting on JB to open for our date so we can grab that #1121

We are supposed to leave tomorrow on our flight to FLL @ 9:30am from Richmond on Jet Blu. The first part of this plane's travel involves leaving Boston @ 7:ooam and coming in to Richmond. Have checked the forcast and it's terrible! Snow starting up there around midnight and on thru tomorrow! Our chances of getting out of Richmond for our Allure cruise on Sunday are beginning to look very dim! I'm trying not to cry-yet! If it wasn't for bad luck,we wouldn't have any! We won't know anything until 7am tomorrow morning... Wish us luck-Good Luck, that is!
I'll say a prayer that you get there. Did you have the insurance on the cruise?

So far it doesn't seem like your flight will be delayed so I am hoping all is well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I would cross country ski to a cruise if I had to. :p:D

But seriously, Sunday...You have enough time - bus? Train? If your dh can't drive, I would have been jumping on another option. But thats me -- I am a Plan B, C and D kind of gal.

Thanks for all the comments and advice. FOR: itsreallymema,we spoke with Jet Blue yesterday and they advised us that if we changed our plans BEFORE the airline posted an inclement weather announcement we would be charged to change our tickets. If we waited until it was posted, we could change without extra cost. We just talked with them and they advised against changing tonight but to wait until 5am tomorrow as they would definitely know by then whether the plane would be able to leave Boston and the estimated delay or cancelled flight. I don't know about you itsreallymema, but to pay an extra $450-500 at this time would really pinch our budget!

FOR: setsail- we got a great price @ Hyatt Place Airport South in Dania Beach. Their shuttle will pick us up @ the airport and also take us to the Port. (supposed to be free...)

If you do a little research on the Jetblue flight, your flight is scheduled to leave BOS from gate 28. That plane will be coming in tonight and be parked at that gate so if you look at the Massport website, there is a flight arriving at gate 28 at 9:38pm (flight 690). That flight is scheduled out of DCA at 8:20pm tonight.

I would check the Jetblue website in a few hours to see if that flight actually comes into BOS or gets cancelled. There is a good chance they don't even bring the plane into BOS because of the storm.

Other thing is, they could reposition the plane to Richmond tonight and cancel the first leg.

The storm is supposed to be pretty bad a 7am, with schools in some areas already cancelled for tomorrow. They have upped the snow total to 5-9 also.

Edit: We were posting at the same time. I would really keep an eye on that flight I mentioned and see if it actually comes into BOS. My DH used to fly over 100k miles a year so we got pretty good at figuring out where things were coming from and if we needed to make other plans. As far as changing, with a cruise on the line, I would change, but that is me.

Archived