Princess Stock

So for $3500 USD around $4200 AUD) you can buy 100 shares. This is to get extra OBC worth possibly a few hundred per cruise.

I am not sure if it is worth it, I have some queries though.

Is it may combinable with other offers?

Does the amount change with cabin class?

Is it available to all of Carnival's cruise lines?

Perhaps it is worth it, if you have many years of cruising still.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

So for $3500 USD around $4200 AUD) you can buy 100 shares. This is to get extra OBC worth possibly a few hundred per cruise.

I am not sure if it is worth it, I have some queries though.

Is it may combinable with other offers?

Does the amount change with cabin class?

Is it available to all of Carnival's cruise lines?

Perhaps it is worth it, if you have many years of cruising still.:D

We cruise on average 3 times a year @$250 per cruise you can see that it won't take many years to recoup your outlay. You also get $100US in dividends each year.

The amount doesn't change with cabin class.... just the days on the cruise.

It is available on all Carnival Cruise Line shps

It is combinable with all other offers.

If you are a cruiser then it is well worth it.

The shares are not cheap and the dividend return not great....however the way to look at it is that if you cruise with Carnival a lot and look on the OBC as a dividend you are getting a very good return, all be it that it has to be spent on board .

We cruise on average 3 times a year @$250 per cruise you can see that it won't take many years to recoup your outlay. You also get $100US in dividends each year.

The amount doesn't change with cabin class.... just the days on the cruise.

It is available on all Carnival Cruise Line shps

It is combinable with all other offers.

If you are a cruiser then it is well worth it.

Well with all of that being good, it sounds a much better deal. Just need to divert funds from cruising to shares so that I can cruise for less eventually.

If I bought some shares now, can I get OBC for the cruises I have already booked?

Yes, as long as you own the stock prior to the cruise date. Also, you need to send Princes or HAL or whichever line you are sailing on (that's part of CCL) the proof 14 days prior to the cruise, minimum.

We have owned their stock for about 16 months. We bought it when it was quite low, $31 or $32. On 3 cruises in that time we have had $450 in OBC. We have 2 more cruises coming up that will give us another $350. That's $800 in about a year and a half. Plus a small dividend. And the OBC is tax free, doesn't count as income to be reported.

If you don't own it, now might be the time to think about it, while it is lower than it's been in a while.

Only one OBC for stock ownership per cabin, so no need to own more than the 100 shares.

Yes, as long as you own the stock prior to the cruise date. Also, you need to send Princes or HAL or whichever line you are sailing on (that's part of CCL) the proof 14 days prior to the cruise, minimum.

We have owned their stock for about 16 months. We bought it when it was quite low, $31 or $32. On 3 cruises in that time we have had $450 in OBC. We have 2 more cruises coming up that will give us another $350. That's $800 in about a year and a half. Plus a small dividend. And the OBC is tax free, doesn't count as income to be reported.

If you don't own it, now might be the time to think about it, while it is lower than it's been in a while.

Only one OBC for stock ownership per cabin, so no need to own more than the 100 shares.

Thanks, it is getting tempting.:D

Thanks to everyone for your valued input...all very good and very accurate.

Would just like to add the Carnival stock is a much better stock than RCI stock. RCI stock is more expensive and you cannot combine it with any other offer.

I just sold mine. I decided I really liked Celebrity so didn't want to feel bad about not getting obc. I bought maybe just over a year ago? With the fall in the Aussie dollar and increase in share price since I bought them I made about $1000 profit plus $300 OBC they gave me. Guess I sold at the right time (~3 weeks ago) :p. And $100 in dividends.

Edited by Pushka

Thanks to everyone for your valued input...all very good and very accurate.

Would just like to add the Carnival stock is a much better stock than RCI stock. RCI stock is more expensive and you cannot combine it with any other offer.

Yes, have been doing some research this afternoon and realised that even with the Carnival shares there are conditions, still very tempting.:D

Not sure if this got answered, but on an upcoming cruise, we have OBC for FCC, military, stockholder, and some OBC that was available at the time we booked. So yes:) it is combinable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confirmation.:D

Just a couple of thoughts to add..

.....IF this Ebola hysteria escalates and passengers cancel , leading to ships being laid up , the share price will plummet.

.....When this topic has been discussed before I recall a member from the States posting that the Shareholders OBC is a "perk" that has to be passed each year at the companies AGM. So far it has gone though and been approved each year, but it should be noted that it is not a foregone conclusion that it will be granted each year.

Just a couple of thoughts to add..

.....IF this Ebola hysteria escalates and passengers cancel , leading to ships being laid up , the share price will plummet.

.....When this topic has been discussed before I recall a member from the States posting that the Shareholders OBC is a "perk" that has to be passed each year at the companies AGM. So far it has gone though and been approved each year, but it should be noted that it is not a foregone conclusion that it will be granted each year.

Yes, like anything like this such as loyalty programs and point systems, nothing lasts forever. This is why I am doing the research and the sums to warrant buying shares even if they do not provide the OBC in the future.:D

Shareholders OBC is a "perk" that has to be passed each year at the companies AGM. So far it has gone though and been approved each year, but it should be noted that it is not a foregone conclusion that it will be granted each year.

This benefit has been in place for many years. Many of us have been using it for over 10 years.

There is no reason to believe it will be discontinued any time soon. There are far more reasons to believe that it will continue for the forseeable future.

The annual renewal mentioned in the document is an understandable legal tool in place to afford an exit from the benefit if it becomes necessary. Quite similar to the 'fuel surcharge' that has been in effect in cruise contracts for many years, but very rarely used.