Corkage. Fees

Knighthunter

On NCL you pay the corkage fee when you embark. Have your wine in a carry on. There is usually a desk you will be directed to after clearing security. They will sticker your bottles and add the fee to your account.

hi, I read somewhere on here that we can bring bottled wine onboard. To consume in our cabin or even at dinner. A corkage fee was mentioned, does anyone know how this works, how much and where it applies? Thanks

You must hand carry any wine onboard (whether embarkation port or port of call). If you try to bring it in your checked luggage, your bag will be confiscated and you will spend a lot of time on your first night on the ship in security (with all of the others that tried to bring contraband onboard) getting your bag back. You pay the corkage at security for all bottles (regardless of where they are consumed).

NCL:

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Yeah, $15 per 750ml bottle, with no limit on how many bottles you can bring on board. So you could bring 12 bottles of wine if you wanted to (other lines typically limit you to two per stateroom).

NCL charges per bottle no matter if you are going to drink it on your balcony or in a dining room. No refunds if you carry off a full bottle. Like other lines, if you take your wine bottle to dinner they will pour and store it for you for the next evening if you don't drink it all.

I saw a video of a guy who put 2 bottles of wine, a bottle of vodka concealed in an opened, emptied, and resealed wine bottle, and a box of wine in his checked bags. He also taped a $10 "bribe" to the box of wine. Fast-forward to when he opened his bags in his stateroom -- everything was still there, even the $10.

Not that I'm encouraging rule breaking, but it was a pretty funny video to watch. Too much trouble for me, and I don't want to sit in my stateroom drinking anyway.....

hi, I read somewhere on here that we can bring bottled wine onboard. To consume in our cabin or even at dinner. A corkage fee was mentioned, does anyone know how this works, how much and where it applies?

Thanks

I believe it is $15.00.

Simply look in the Frequently Asked Questions section at NCL.com.

I agree with you that it's easy to find the answer on their site but shouldn't it be easier to answer their question instead of directing them to another site?

I see a lots of questions about things that are easy to find in other places but then I choose between answering the question or ignore it.

Of course you can redirect them if you want to but maybe it's easier just to ignore the question or answer it if you can.

We used to be able to purchase full bottles of hard alcohol from NCL pre-cruise and have them delivered to our state room with a six pack of mixers. I have looked online at NCL and cant find any link for that now. Has that also been changed? Thanks!

We used to be able to purchase full bottles of hard alcohol from NCL pre-cruise and have them delivered to our state room with a six pack of mixers. I have looked online at NCL and cant find any link for that now.
I don't remember there ever being a link for that, but if you call NCL they should still be able to arrange that for you. If they send you the current list of brands and prices it would be helpful if you posted it in a new thread here.

We used to be able to purchase full bottles of hard alcohol from NCL pre-cruise and have them delivered to our state room with a six pack of mixers. I have looked online at NCL and cant find any link for that now. Has that also been changed? Thanks!

You need to ask them for a "bar setup".

You must hand carry any wine onboard (whether embarkation port or port of call). If you try to bring it in your checked luggage, your bag will be confiscated and you will spend a lot of time on your first night on the ship in security (with all of the others that tried to bring contraband onboard) getting your bag back. You pay the corkage at security for all bottles (regardless of where they are consumed).

NCL:

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

I was under the impression this was only available at embarkation.... port of call purchases are collected and returned to you on last night.... can you restock port at a port and pay the corkage fee?

Yeah, $15 per 750ml bottle, with no limit on how many bottles you can bring on board. So you could bring 12 bottles of wine if you wanted to (other lines typically limit you to two per stateroom).

NCL charges per bottle no matter if you are going to drink it on your balcony or in a dining room. No refunds if you carry off a full bottle. Like other lines, if you take your wine bottle to dinner they will pour and store it for you for the next evening if you don't drink it all.

The will refund the corkage fee on any unopened stickered wine bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As suggested, I went to the FAQs and after some digging I found the answer. Yes you can restock at any port, just declare it and they will move you to another person who will charge your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks..... I went to the FAQ and it mentioned alcohol would be collected and returned at end of trip...... while "wine" is accepted at embarkation it is still alcohol. Could you provide where you found this?? It will help on future cruises.

It's in the FAQ.

Wine & Champagne Policy

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can buy full bottles on the ship. And they will bring a bar setup with 30 minutes notice.

Bottle prices: Call $99, Premium $109, Super Premium $139, Ultra on request

edff66e954eb22b00ca6185952fccf8d.jpg