25th Milestone Discount

evandbob

Just completed my 24th Carnival cruise, have 167 sea days. How will Carnival notify me about terms for using the 25% discount for a future cruise? Is is by mail, email, or will the offer show up in my VIFP folder?

I'm thinking of using the discount on a Journeys Vista cruise I have booked for next November, which should also be the cruise that I change from platinum to diamond status.

It's not a 25% discount. It is a 25% on board credit. It is only 25% of the cruise fare. It does not include port charges or taxes and only applies to the person's fare that has reached the milestone.

TY -yes, I understand that the 25% applies only to my fare and will come as OBC. How does Carnival notify me, or do they bother?

TY SadieN - so how do I get that phone #?

You might get a letter.

I got a letter sent snail mail, Mom got emailed a 'funny looking invoice', Sis got nothing.

Your Milestone will be on your VIFP info that the people at Carnival can access.

There's a recent thread with the Milestone phone number. From experience, call close to your cruise date, it's not an automatic thing.

Edited by SadieN

TY -yes, I understand that the 25% applies only to my fare and will come as OBC. How does Carnival notify me, or do they bother?

Congratulations on your 25th!

Carnival never did notify me of my 25 milestone. I called and inquired about it with my PVP, and she contacted someone for me, and then I got a blank invoice with nothing on it except 25 milestone. That came in email.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

I never got notified either. :) I'm in the process of using up my 3, 25% off's now, before they expire next year, due to sailing the Miracle. I'll be selective with using the milestone discount- long more expensive cruise, :) since it doesn't have the restrictions, of the others.

Edited by Budget Queen

Just completed my 24th Carnival cruise, have 167 sea days. How will Carnival notify me about terms for using the 25% discount for a future cruise? Is is by mail, email, or will the offer show up in my VIFP folder?

I'm thinking of using the discount on a Journeys Vista cruise I have booked for next November, which should also be the cruise that I change from platinum to diamond status.

We took our 25th cruise on May2, 2015. We received a Milestone letter sent April 7 advising how to request our 25% OBC.

We have 3 Vista cruises booked for next year and wait to see which cruises end up being the most expensive ones and I will request it for one and DH will request it one other.

Congratulations on your 25th!

Carnival never did notify me of my 25 milestone. I called and inquired about it with my PVP, and she contacted someone for me, and then I got a blank invoice with nothing on it except 25 milestone. That came in email.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

We got that blank invoice email too but also got the Milestone letter with all the info.

They sent us a letter a couple months after our 24th cruise.

I never got notified either. :) I'm in the process of using up my 3, 25% off's now, before they expire next year, due to sailing the Miracle. I'll be selective with using the milestone discount- long more expensive cruise, :) since it doesn't have the restrictions, of the others.

How did you get 3 25% off's?

How did you get 3 25% off's?

The Miracle- last year, had itinerary changes with Alaska and Hawaii, which I was on 2 Alaska and 1 Hawaii under that deal. They gave 25% off a future 7 day cruise ( a few other restrictions- essentially have to be "regular" sailings)

My Carnival cruises had been real cheap last year, so didn't use them yet. I have until next year to redeem them, so will be "saving" the milestone discount for, probably a longer cruise, or a "special" one time sailing etc.

FYI the Milestone desk number is: 877 225 8477. We have gotten no milestone notification letters or e-mails yet and now have had 6 opportunities to get them (my 25th, 50th and 75th and the same 3 for DW). We have no problem in using the 25th and 50th credits, they aren't necessarily applied on a Thursday. But they are not applied until a couple days before departure date to make sure all price drops have been applied.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to bring this back to life since I just did #24. I have #25 booked (Vista Inaugural) but won't use it on that one since I'm going as cheaply as possibly (cabin-wise) since the other costs are so high.

Actually, I always go as cheaply as possible, cabin-wise. I don't intend to bankrupt myself splurging on a cabin just to get a 25% OBC.

So, my question is, if I'm solo, it's 25% of the total cabin cost, correct? Not just for 1 person? If I'm paying 200% for the cabin, I should get 25% of the cost of that cabin.

Going to bring this back to life since I just did #24. I have #25 booked (Vista Inaugural) but won't use it on that one since I'm going as cheaply as possibly (cabin-wise) since the other costs are so high.

Actually, I always go as cheaply as possible, cabin-wise. I don't intend to bankrupt myself splurging on a cabin just to get a 25% OBC.

So, my question is, if I'm solo, it's 25% of the total cabin cost, correct? Not just for 1 person? If I'm paying 200% for the cabin, I should get 25% of the cost of that cabin.

While the OBC is ONLY for the person who has reached the milestone level it would be 25% of THEIR cruise fare. Since you WILL be paying 200% for YOUR cruise fare, you should get the OBC for the amount that you pay.

FYI the Milestone desk number is: 877 225 8477. We have gotten no milestone notification letters or e-mails yet and now have had 6 opportunities to get them (my 25th, 50th and 75th and the same 3 for DW). We have no problem in using the 25th and 50th credits, they aren't necessarily applied on a Thursday. But they are not applied until a couple days before departure date to make sure all price drops have been applied.

I called the milestone help desk using the phone # you provided thanks. I spoke with Terese, who told me I should be getting a letter from Carnival sometime in March 2016 with a code # for the 25% fare discount that becomes OBC I would have to call back after getting that letter to let Carnival know what cruise I want the 25% milestone OBC applied against.

She confirmed that the OBC will be calculated on the fare I paid for just myself (but if solo, for both me and my invisible cabinmate) but not taxes, port charges or gratuities.

I have a Vista balcony booked for Nov 2016 and right now it makes sense to apply the milestone credit to this cruise.

Edited by evandbob

I got a "bill" in email which was for credit. Thought I owed Carnival money they way it read. Also got a letter in the mail with the phone number on it. Your S&S card will be white.

How many cruises are you taking to get to Diamond so fast??

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I got a "bill" in email which was for credit. Thought I owed Carnival money they way it read. Also got a letter in the mail with the phone number on it. Your S&S card will be white.

How many cruises are you taking to get to Diamond so fast??

I started cruising in 2003 and alternated between taking 3 cruises and 3 land vacations a year when I was working. Most of my cruises were 7 days length, now being retired, I'm starting to do B2B or 10+ day cruises.

Is getting to Diamond in 13 years fast?

I started cruising in 2003 and alternated between taking 3 cruises and 3 land vacations a year when I was working. Most of my cruises were 7 days length, now being retired, I'm starting to do B2B or 10+ day cruises.

Is getting to Diamond in 13 years fast?

That sounds about like us. We started in 2004 and will be Diamond in Jan 2017 on the Magic. It will be our 32nd cruise with Carnival.

We were Milestone (25) on the second leg of our Valor cruise this past November. We will use our Milestone OBC on our Journey Cruise next April.

My 24th cruise just taken (and it was 11 nights) and I'm only at 152 nights. I'll never reach Diamond.

But then, I got Platinum the "easy" way. Started cruising in 2001 but only took mostly 5 night cruises (single mom and was paying for DD & I so had to watch the budget). After she was an adult, I started sailing solo, so couldn't afford too many longer cruises since I was still paying 200%.

Lately, have been sailing 3 times a year, so the days are finally adding up.

But once I get my Milestone, I just don't think I'll be on Carnival a lot. I want to broaden my cruising horizons.

Just want that Milestone credit! Was so hoping for a Panama Canal transit to show up in 2017, but not seeing anything. :(

So, since I already have #25 booked, I should receive something in the mail prior to May 1, just in case I want to use my OBC on that one. I'm a little surprised I haven't heard from my PVP, but #25 wasn't booked through him (did a TA group booking to get a couple of extra perks and be able to join in private excursions).

13 years to Diamond is an average of more than 15 days per year so that is faster than the average cruiser. We cruise at a somewhat ridiculous rate and reached 200 days with Carnival after 6 years and 3 months, but we were retired that whole time. We will pass 600 days in April 2016, about 11 years after our first Carnival cruise.

NCTribeFan, you will not receive any milestone notification until after that cruise #25, and maybe not even then. DW and i each have more than 75 Carnival Cruises and have received no communication from the Milestone desk after 25, 50, or 75. FYI if you want to call them the dedicated line is 877 225 8477

Edited by NavarreCruiser

We received our "Milestone" letter a few months after sailing our 24th cruise with Carnival. We have decided to use it for an 11 nt. Hawaii repositioning cruise in April 2017 on the Legend (LOVE the Spirit Class ships) AND we also booked the 8 nt. Alaska cruise on the Legend right after it.

Talk about a bucket list cruise - Hawaii and Alaska :)