Diamond Lounge and/or drink vouchers

Do you get to use both on the same day? If you go to the Diamond Lounge do you also have vouchers loaded into your cruise card so you don't have to go to the Diamond Lounge for drinks?

You can use both, on the same day.

Do you get to use both on the same day? If you go to the Diamond Lounge do you also have vouchers loaded into your cruise card so you don't have to go to the Diamond Lounge for drinks?

The Diamond Club does not require the coupons for drinks and drinks there remain unlimited. The coupons are for use at bars outside of the DC. As clarea pointed out, you can go to the DC or any other bar, or both on the same night during the complimentary cocktail hours.

FYI... cannot use those coupons for drinks at specialty restaurants, main dining room, or Windjammer.

We were on the Freedom last week and would get a cocktail or glass of wine sometimes at the Champagne bar right before dinner and carry it into the dining room.

Tim

Edited by cruisin4kicks

Never used the lounge before. What are the hours and do you show your sea pass card? My kids (19 and 17) are also Diamond can they go in with out me?

The SeaPass card opens the lounge 24 hours. The rule used to be that the kids are allowed at all times except cocktail hours, but I think that rule has gone by the wayside now, and there are no longer restrictions for the kids.

Most ships still require 18plus for the DC. For the CL there is no more age requirement during happy hour because of the complaints from the suite guests about their family not being able to enjoy time together.

Again.. MOST, not ALL...

In my opinion, a happy hour/alcohol environment is not one for kids, but that is just me ;)

Never used the lounge before. What are the hours and do you show your sea pass card? My kids (19 and 17) are also Diamond can they go in with out me?

A lot of lounges now require card entry like your cabin door for the door to open. Usually upon first visit during cocktail hour the concierge will either wish to see your card and/or cross you off a list of those eligible on that sailing to enter the lounge.

they would want to go in there?
Why not? Especially if like on a lot of Voyager and Freedom class ships there is the outdoor seating area over looking the sports court. Soft drinks are served too.

they would want to go in there?

Why not?

Perhaps they need the services of the concierge, perhaps they want some coffee, perhaps they want a snack and soft drink during the cocktail hour, perhaps they want the continental breakfast, perhaps they are meeting their parents in the lounge.

M

In SeaUs's defense. I think he was eluding to that kids that age don't want to hang around with their parents.:eek:

So true ... but kids are the ultimate "tourist" ... they want to go everywhere -- if only to just be able to say they were there. When my grandkids sailed with me recently I think they made sure they hit every public bathroom on board, even if they'd just used the facilities in the cabin before we headed out.

I never announced my destination when I slipped away from the group to go to the DL, or else I would have had a chorus of please to let them come with me.

What are the hours for happy hour again?

Depends on the ship. Most of the time 5pm to 8:30pm. However some ships with earlier traditional dining times will have happy hour from 4:30pm to 8:00pm.

In my opinion, a happy hour/alcohol environment is not one for kids, but that is just me ;)

My 16 year old loves to play trivia with us in the Schooner Bar, I guess that's a "happy hour/alcohol environment". I see nothing wrong with kids being with their parents in any of the lounges or "alcohol environments" on the ships at reasonable (not very late) hours. As long as they're well behaved of course.

Most ships still require 18plus for the DC. For the CL there is no more age requirement during happy hour because of the complaints from the suite guests about their family not being able to enjoy time together.

Again.. MOST, not ALL...

Please don't take this the wrong way as you have every right to your opinion. But If you look at the whole ship you will find people are drinking everywhere and its seems to be happy hour all day long.So as a family its hard to not take your children into an alcohol environment. For the record I have no problems with people drinking they are on holiday and enjoying themselves.I do take my daughter into CL .She is 16 and is well behaved and will give up her seat for any adult that needs a seat.So I have no problems taking her in there now that the rules have changed and I am allowed to.I also didn't ask them to change them. We are all diamond members and I would never ask to be able to take her in there during the happy hour.I also hope they don't change the rules as I know a lot of diamond member that like to go and have a quiet drink with out children around. So these vouchers are a wonderful idea as families can still have their free drinks and spend time together as a family before dinner.I don't know why they didn't offer that to families staying in suites .It would of saved a lot of people being upset about the change to the rule in CL.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Why not. Same reason they'd want to go anywhere else to spend family time together.

I think was has people commenting is the fact that the member stated the parents would not be with the minor children who are Diamond members. See below:

Why not?

Perhaps they need the services of the concierge, perhaps they want some coffee, perhaps they want a snack and soft drink during the cocktail hour, perhaps they want the continental breakfast, perhaps they are meeting their parents in the lounge.

M

Those were my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

My kids like specialty coffee and I figure if it's free in the DL then maybe just maybe they won't want to spend so much at Starbucks. And besides, obviously I wasn't asking about them hanging out during cocktail hour.

So you can only use the 3 drinks at any bar between the hours of 5-8:30 if that is when the lounge for drinks are open?

what is this about specialty coffee served in the lounge and when is this?

What specialty coffees are served for free and when?

Thanks,

Specialty coffee is available in the Diamond and Concierge Lounges 24 hours. Varieties are cappucino, expresso, latte, and regular coffee.

The lounge is normally serving cocktails from 5pm to 8:30pm.