Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

First time cruiser and wasn't the one to make arrangements. My relative forwarded me the travel agent's cruise confirmation info with details that included Category and Stateroom info on the Veendam sailing out 12/20. From reading all your posts, cabins were assigned closer to sail date. It is b/c we used a travel agent?

I think I understand your question. It is possible to book an actual room and not go the guarantee route. It sounds like your ta did that. It wouldn't be assigned this early for a guarantee.

Thanks for the response. Now can we still be upgraded or moved even if we have an assigned stateroom? Or would it be an option we could accept or deny if need be?

It's less likely that you would be moved. You can have your ta mark your reservation "do not upgrade" as you will not usually have the opportunity to turn it down. You may be offered an "upsell". In those cases you pay to upgrade and generally have your choice of rooms available. Hope that helps.

It's less likely that you would be moved. You can have your ta mark your reservation "do not upgrade" as you will not usually have the opportunity to turn it down. You may be offered an "upsell". In those cases you pay to upgrade and generally have your choice of rooms available. Hope that helps.

Good to know so I can prepare! Thank you for all the help. I love this site!

First time on HAL. Booked a J inside GTY and just received (well found it yesterday or the day before) an I assignment on Deck 6 (Noordam sailing next Saturday). Not bad. I did get an upsell offer (cheap!) but ignored it. I want to see what an inside is like on a short cruise so we can decide if we are willing to do it for a longer one. Looks like the cruise is sold out now.

Interested in this--we've booked guarantees with several other lines and usually have had our cabin assigned anywhere from almost immediately to two months out.

Our TA say one to two weeks ahead of time--so that is the norm for HAL?

It will be hard waiting that long!

It was always fun checking, for example, the Princess website each day to see what cabin we got--apparently that won't do any good with HAL.

Interested in this--we've booked guarantees with several other lines and usually have had our cabin assigned anywhere from almost immediately to two months out.

Our TA say one to two weeks ahead of time--so that is the norm for HAL?

It will be hard waiting that long!

It was always fun checking, for example, the Princess website each day to see what cabin we got--apparently that won't do any good with HAL.

It can happen anywhere from about 3 weeks out to being assigned at the pier. Typical is about ten days. The minute it is assigned it will appear on your luggage tags so check there first. I'm waiting too although mine is still just over a month away. Good luck.

We have just been assigned 1110 on the Zuiderdam. It is a bit of an upgrade, but we are not happy because it appears to be below the galley.

I posted the above on 20 August, and below is our experience.

Our fears of terrible noise were correct.

On the first night, even with ear plugs, we could hear all the banging etc. After trying to sleep for several hours I went to the front desk, and they moved us into an emergency inside cabin for that night so we could get some sleep.

The next afternoon we were offered a move to cabin 5046, which we gratefully accepted.

The rest of the cruise was fine, and I have to say the front desk where excellent in dealing with this issue.

First time on HAL. Booked a J inside GTY and just received (well found it yesterday or the day before) an I assignment on Deck 6 (Noordam sailing next Saturday). Not bad. I did get an upsell offer (cheap!) but ignored it. I want to see what an inside is like on a short cruise so we can decide if we are willing to do it for a longer one. Looks like the cruise is sold out now.

We are on your sailing! We booked a balcony and then the price dropped after final payment TA got us an upgrade to a SS and a small OBC (in lieu of price drop) We are also on deck 6, but a SS. Insides can be hard, always dark, but to each there own, my very first cruise was an inside, and then I got the tour of a balcony.....never went back lol.

I posted the above on 20 August, and below is our experience.

Our fears of terrible noise were correct.

On the first night, even with ear plugs, we could hear all the banging etc. After trying to sleep for several hours I went to the front desk, and they moved us into an emergency inside cabin for that night so we could get some sleep.

The next afternoon we were offered a move to cabin 5046, which we gratefully accepted.

The rest of the cruise was fine, and I have to say the front desk where excellent in dealing with this issue.

I mostly book guarantees but I won't if I'm booking a category below a balcony. Too much chance for a crappy assignment. You are very lucky that they were able to move you. You "might" want to consider booking an actual room in the future.

Still waiting for assignment. Leaving in 12 days. Hope that is good news.

I looked today and our room assignment was there for the same cruise. Check, maybe yours is there. Hoping, but doubtful it might change. We always book a guarantee, sometimes we stick with our first assignment and sometimes it changes. Our cruise in July changed twice, the last one just a few days before we left. We are on the bottom floor this time. Never been that low before. Don't spend much time there, so doesn't really matter.

Thanks once again, everybody. I'm making a list to take along! Really like the idea of the unlimited laundry--is that per cabin or per person?--and of course the chocolates!

Per cabin. It's a pretty good deal, IMO.

I got my assignment this morning (Monday) for my cruise on the Eurodam leaving this Thursday. I've never had an assignment this late, but I have patience and faith and all turned out well. I got a good deal on a VH guarantee 5 weeks ago and got a VQ (Spa Verandah) assigned today. Apparently, nobody wants to pay the premium for these cabins so lots of them are used to fill guarantees. It's not a suite upgrade, but it does have the Plexiglas railing and a tub that I wouldn't have had with the VH.

Also, I did see the assignment on the baggage tags first. It still isn't shown in "My Reservations" but it is in the boarding documents (printing now).

Now, on to packing.....

I got my assignment this morning (Monday) for my cruise on the Eurodam leaving this Thursday. I've never had an assignment this late, but I have patience and faith and all turned out well. I got a good deal on a VH guarantee 5 weeks ago and got a VQ (Spa Verandah) assigned today. Apparently, nobody wants to pay the premium for these cabins so lots of them are used to fill guarantees. It's not a suite upgrade, but it does have the Plexiglas railing and a tub that I wouldn't have had with the VH.

Also, I did see the assignment on the baggage tags first. It still isn't shown in "My Reservations" but it is in the boarding documents (printing now).

Now, on to packing.....

Yes, it will always appear on the tags about a day before it shows under the reservations. I'm in the same boat as you in that I have a vh but it's for the oct 18 cruise. I'd be delighted with that assignment. I just don't want one of those sucky Juliette balconies. Have a great cruise.

We are on your sailing! We booked a balcony and then the price dropped after final payment TA got us an upgrade to a SS and a small OBC (in lieu of price drop) We are also on deck 6, but a SS. Insides can be hard, always dark, but to each there own, my very first cruise was an inside, and then I got the tour of a balcony.....never went back lol.

I recognize you from the roll call. :)

We've only been on one cruise (to Alaska on Royal Caribbean). That was a balcony. That's why I figured a short little cruise like this was a great way to decide if we can handle the inside (won't do a guarantee for a long European one though--I'd want to choose).

We are on the October 4th sailing on the Eurodam and just received our cabin assignment this morning - 12 days out. We booked a VF guarantee and we ended up with a VB stateroom. We at least got a slight upgrade. I checked out the deck plan and we are happy - although it's on level 4, it looks like it is in a convenient location and hopefully fairly quiet!

Colleen

We are on the October 4th sailing on the Eurodam and just received our cabin assignment this morning - 12 days out. We booked a VF guarantee and we ended up with a VB stateroom. We at least got a slight upgrade. I checked out the deck plan and we are happy - although it's on level 4, it looks like it is in a convenient location and hopefully fairly quiet!

Colleen

That's a great upgrade. I hope for the same for my October 18 cruise. Have a great time!