Pokemon on RCCL?

Sooo.... my fiancé and I are giant nerds lol. We both love comics, anime and gaming and really enjoy playing Pokémon Go. Those little monsters are SO adorable and we love to get out to our local parks and walk and play. That being said, does anyone know if Pokémon is playable on board? Some posters may have to ask their kids lol but I'm wondering if there are any pokestops onboard or any fun spots. I'm sure there isn't anything out in sea but I'm assuming the port in Ft Lauderdale would have a lot of water type pokemon. Not sure if Mexico has it or not. So at the risk of sounding like a huge dork I figured I'd check here! :D

My husband and I came back from a cruise in September. I feel like a huge nerd saying this but.... we have a plan that has unlimited internet worldwide so when we were leaving ports and still close enough to have cell service we would put out incense and we got a ton of rare Pokémon that came up that we had never seen before. Since the boat was moving but not to fast we constantly kept finding more and more. It was really cool.

Although on board I didn't see any Pokémon nor did they have any pokestops. The ports however had a TON! I felt like there was poke stops every 5 feet! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by FRMCRZR823

My husband and I came back from a cruise in September. I feel like a huge nerd saying this but.... we have a plan that has unlimited internet worldwide so when we were leaving ports and still close enough to have cell service we would put out incense and we got a ton of rare Pokémon that came up that we had never seen before. Since the boat was moving but not to fast we constantly kept finding more and more. It was really cool.

Although on board I didn't see any Pokémon nor did they have any pokestops. The ports however had a TON! I felt like there was poke stops every 5 feet! Hope this helps!

Omg thank you!! I totally planned on putting out incense! Super excited thank you so much :)

No prob!!! [emoji1]it was fun! We sat out on our balcony and put out incense and would just watch the ship pull out of port! ** make sure you get a lot of pokeballs though!! My husband ran out fast lol . Hope you have fun!!

On our cruise in August we went to a restaurant that had a Pokestop next to it so I stuck a lure and some incense there and caught a ton of water type Pokemon, like a ton of Magikarp. Our son was loving it. I managed to evolve one into a gyarados. I've also heard there's quite a few gyms in Old San Juan. Have fun!

The best strategy is to use incense once you are away from port (using the wifi plan of course). When the game detects you are far from any "known" area it will give you a mix of random and rare pokemon, versus at the dock where you will get mostly water type. The ship moves slow enough that you should be fine and not trigger the speed warning, especially if youre going between 2 nearby islands versus the first or last day at sea

The best strategy is to use incense once you are away from port (using the wifi plan of course). When the game detects you are far from any "known" area it will give you a mix of random and rare pokemon, versus at the dock where you will get mostly water type. The ship moves slow enough that you should be fine and not trigger the speed warning, especially if youre going between 2 nearby islands versus the first or last day at sea

If you are on airplane mode, data turned off, using ship wifi, does pokemon go or having location on use any data at all?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

My kids played over the summer, but then lost interest when school started. We have the voom plan, so maybe they will get into again.

I'm not sure they fully understood how to use incense. I guess they need to figure that out, lol.

At least, they will get in lots of walking for egg hatching.

No prob!!! [emoji1]it was fun! We sat out on our balcony and put out incense and would just watch the ship pull out of port! ** make sure you get a lot of pokeballs though!! My husband ran out fast lol . Hope you have fun!!

Can you tell me, did you have to get the Stream package or does Pokemon Go work on the Surf only package?

And thanks OP - I was 100% wondering the same thing.

Please god no! I am an avid biker and runner and I've had to run around, or sometimes through these fools flooding our parks/bike paths and walking while never looking up from there phones. Two almost caused me to crash. I've been happy to see this fade.