"Make-Your-Own Milkshakes" on Lido Deck? What do you mix it in?

RecoveryDude

Hi! I've read that people use the soft serve ice cream to make a milkshake on the Lido deck by mixing either milk or the passion fruit juice with the soft serve. I can't wait to try this ...

BUT WHAT DO YOU MIX IT IN?

I'm thinking of bringing my 'shaker bottle' that I use for my protein powder at the gym ... wondering if THAT will work?

What does everyone else use and how do you mix it up?

I leave in 16 days on Pride!!!

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Hi! I've read that people use the soft serve ice cream to make a milkshake on the Lido deck by mixing either milk or the passion fruit juice with the soft serve. I can't wait to try this ...

I'm thinking of bringing my 'shaker bottle' that I use for my protein powder at the gym ... wondering if THAT will work?

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Being able to make a milkshake is a stretch - 90 % imagination, 10 % reality

We usually bring some root beer.

If you want to mix (I don't with root beer) use a fork or a spoon.

You can also get chocolate milk, or regular, at breakfast and use it later to mix with the ice cream.

Edited by fuddrules

I use soft serve and chocolate milk. Just ask anyone working behind the buffet if the milk isn't out. I have never been turned down when I have asked. Your shaker bottle will work fine. Another thing we enjoy is 50% icecream 40% hot chocolate and 10% coffee. You can stir this one up in a regular cup too.

The cups and glasses available on the ships are very small, I couldn't see mixing any of the good sounding mixtures people have mentioned. Your drink cup or any large drink cup would be better and most of them have lids to help in the mixing. Just throw it in your luggage and you'll be set/ Have a great cruise

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I started doing this several years ago. I bring my Tervis tumbler (16 oz.) First I put some ice cream in it, then get a carton of milk from the buffet. Pour in some milk, mix with a spoon, and voila! I have a milkshake to have with my Guy's burger and fries. ;):)

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I've taken a coffee mug and mixed Bailey's, Khalua, and Godiva Chocolate liquor into vanilla ice cream. Mmmm!

Does Carnival serve pineapple juice/chunks anywhere (buffet, breakfast, etc.)? I would think adding pineapple juice and chunks to vanilla soft serve would give you a sort of Dole Whip.

I've only seen pineapple chunks in the fruit salad at lunch and dinner. I usually take a bowl full every day and put it in the fridge to enjoy with yogurt for breakfast the next morning. (I'm not fond of the cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon mix which is available at breakfast.)

Not a shake. I like making parfaits. Layer the ice cream with your favorite ingredients/toppings. My very first job I ever had was dessert girl and the International Kings Table Buffet. I still think fondly of this job minus management. I made a mean parfait. The drink glasses were just the right size! How about ice cream and crushed up cookies? Strawberries and ice cream were my favorite. Although I really like pineapple on the cruise, it's the best!:confused: Wait, I'm on a diet :(

If you like the frosted lemonade at Chic Filet, try mixing vanilla soft serve and lemonade. That's how they do it at the restaurant.

I have not tried it yet, but plan to. Someone on here posted about it.

That might have been me. We had that at least once a day :)

Half a cup of lemonade, one bowl of ice cream (and a spoon). Mix ice cream into the lemonade. You have to squish the ice cream against the side of the cup first, then stir well. Yum!

• 2 weeks later...
We usually bring some root beer.

If you want to mix (I don't with root beer) use a fork or a spoon.

You can also get chocolate milk, or regular, at breakfast and use it later to mix with the ice cream.

I bring Shasta Black Cherry cola and pour over ice cream. Yum!

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Last time, I made a coffee shake of sorts by mixing the soft serve with coffee in the big Carnival bottle mug thing that we'd bought.

is available in the main dining room at breakfast at no extra charge. that's the only place I've found it....although I did see someone report here that it can be purchased at any bar (for a price, of course) or use the soda/pop plan for it.

Not really practical to abscond with pineapple juice from the dining room...

There are 2 ways I have done it. Take your tall glass and fill not quite full of vanilla ice cream. Add hot chocolate and mix with a knife. The other way is to add the chocolate or strawberry syrup that is at the Sweet Spot each night. If you want to do that at other than dinner time, buy the very small plastic containers with kids at the $tree (6 for $1) and put some syrup. In it and put it in your refrigerator to use when needed.

Everyone, here, does know that at the buffet dispensers it is NOT REAL ice cream? Stick around and watch them fill the machines with a nondairy "desert mix", carton. Yuck- cheap substitute for my preferences. The yogurt isn't any better. :)