Silversea's Silver Muse Cruise Ship to Seasonally Homeport in Fort Lauderdale

LauraS

I have been in 14 foot waves with gale force 10 winds and not been sea sick. How will a ship like the Muse compare in that situation?
Those who have only cruised with SS have no idea as we've never been on a ship as large as the Muse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you that is very useful information. I just sent in a request for a quote for a 16 day holiday Caribbean cruise on the Silver Muse. I am not so happy that I have to use a TA or phone the company to make a reservation though. I really like the Princess website and the ability to book direct through it. I am happy to hear that SS is more solo friendly. My husband will work at least 10 years longer than I will (I retire in three years) so I am certain to cruise solo during that time.

The smallest ship I have been on is the Island Princess and the SS ships are substantially smaller. I have been in 14 foot waves with gale force 10 winds and not been sea sick. How will a ship like the Muse compare in that situation? If you don't know maybe some else will pipe in :)

You will love SS. The service is fantastic and the suites are lovely. Well done for taking a stand against Princess. I wish more people would do likewise. That odious man is going to cause trouble not just in America but worldwide.

Thank you that is very useful information. I just sent in a request for a quote for a 16 day holiday Caribbean cruise on the Silver Muse. I am not so happy that I have to use a TA or phone the company to make a reservation though. I really like the Princess website and the ability to book direct through it. I am happy to hear that SS is more solo friendly. My husband will work at least 10 years longer than I will (I retire in three years) so I am certain to cruise solo during that time.

The smallest ship I have been on is the Island Princess and the SS ships are substantially smaller. I have been in 14 foot waves with gale force 10 winds and not been sea sick. How will a ship like the Muse compare in that situation? If you don't know maybe some else will pipe in :)

I have cruised most of the Princess fleet, including the Island, and the Oceania Regatta which is not too far off the size the Muse will be (but OK, I know the 'R' ships are pretty old now), and I've done all the SS non-expedition fleet except the Shadow, so I think I've got a fair shot at comparing them.

The Muse will be most similar to the Spirit - in fact, when I was on the Spirit last April they were filming shots for the Muse promo video as we sailed into the sunset from St Barth's, very pretty - and I've had no problems on the Spirit in big seas. I crossed the Atlantic last November on her, and will be embarking at the end of March for the return crossing, so you know I mean it. I do book a cabin on a lowish deck fairly midships which minimises the bounce around in big swells but I mostly do that because I'm so impatient I like to be in the middle of the ship so it doesn't take too long to get anywhere. Not that that actually applies on SS, the ships are such a comfortable size, it's a hangover from my Princess days!

Perhaps he tweeted a complaint! lol

Lol. Too funny! (If it weren't so very sad)

However, I really am finding this thread useful for getting information regarding the Muse and SS experience in general. I am going to start a new thread "How do Princess suites compare to" on the SS community that more directly asks for this input. I'd like people's comparisons of Princess suites to SS lower end verandas as well as a comparable price point room on Oceania and Regent. It will take me a bit to find out which cabins on the last 2 are about the same amount (or an amount I'm willing to move up to).

So please look for me there in the next few days if you have some insight regarding how these experiences compare. Thanks everyone, I really like how you "tell it like it is"!