Sleeping with fans

farmer92

Hey all, I was wondering how carnival is with their fan policy out of New Orleans ? We have been cruising other lines and it has been a few years since we have been on carnival. It's hit or miss on some lines/ports , it's hard for me to sleep without it, so my question is anyone have recent experience with them out of NOLA? Thanks

I always suggest that fans be carried on and have a copy of Carnivals policy handy. The FAQ say they may be brought aboard so long as they are in good working order and are not deemed a fire hazard. It does not provide guidance as to carry on or checked. My argument for carry on is you can plead your case right then and there. If you check your fan and it is confiscated you will not be able to retrieve it until the end of the cruise.

Mine is a small 6 inch and I always carry it on. It has never been questioned. I just need that little bit of noise. It is so small it doesn't really move any air. However, I have had rooms that were too warm in my estimation for a comfortable night sleep and requested a fan. On some ships I am told I need a medical reason. (I don't think I should have to reveal to a non medical person my medical history.) Some times they are out. On other ships they check the temperature of the stateroom before providing one and on still other ships one has been happily provided.

So again, carry on/ ask early is my advise.

"The FAQ say they may be brought aboard so long as they are in good working order and are not deemed a fire hazard."

I have sailed out of many ports, but not NOLA. However, I have always gone to the local Walmart or similar store and purchased a brand new box fan. I can get one for around $15, give or take a few bucks. It is BRAND NEW and still taped in the box. I have put a luggage tag on it, and it has always been delivered to our room. I believe because it's new, there isn't a question as to it's fire safety.

Funny you should ask. Before Derek Jeter was married he slept with lots of his fans. True story.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, it's like people posting frivolous posts, that are extremely narcissistic. And taking up valuable message board space.

How ironic.

Yeah, it's like people posting frivolous posts, that are extremely narcissistic. And taking up valuable message board space.

How ironic.

Your plagiarism of my post is a direct violation of my rights under the federal intellectual properties act of 1956. Or look up Toddman vs. California. You can copy my post, from another and not give me credit. I will file a cease and desist order. Unless you remove said post.

Funny you should ask. Before Derek Jeter was married he slept with lots of his fans. True story.

I will admit that your posts used to annoy me. But you are starting to grow on me and I have been chuckling quite a lot lately.

I appreciate your humor now. Thanks for the comic relief!

I caught you red handed doing the exact same thing you accused another poster of doing. Now THAT'S funny. :D

No, that's not funny.

Isn't it IRONIC. DON'T YOU THINK. A little too IRONIC. YEAH I REALLY DO THINK.... ITS LIKE RAIN-e-ain on your wedding day, it a free ride, when you've already paid. It's some good advice that you just didn't take. But who would of thought it figures???

Mr. play it safe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye. He waited his whole damm life, to take that flight. But as the plane when down,,,,, he thought.... well ISN'T THIS NICE!!!!!

No, that's not funny.

Isn't it IRONIC. DON'T YOU THINK. A little too IRONIC. YEAH I REALLY DO THINK.... ITS LIKE RAIN-e-ain on your wedding day, it a free ride, when you've already paid. It's some good advice that you just didn't take. But who would of thought it figures???

Mr. play it safe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye. He waited his whole damm life, to take that flight. But as the plane when down,,,,, he thought.... well ISN'T THIS NICE!!!!!

Ironically, there is nothing ironic about the situations in the song Ironic. All those things described in Alanis' song are just bad luck circumstances. :p

I will admit that your posts used to annoy me. But you are starting to grow on me and I have been chuckling quite a lot lately.

I appreciate your humor now. Thanks for the comic relief!

It's my pleasure to offer this free service to the CC community.

Ironically, there is nothing ironic about the situations in the song Ironic. All those things described in Alanis' song are just bad luck circumstances. :p

Ah, in that lies the irony of the song not being ironic. That is the irony.

And the fact they will delete my unironic post about a song, that's not even remotely ironic, Ironically .Is in it self IRONIC. Strange how things happen.

My husband is my biggest fan...and I sleep with him EVERY night! But, I also bring a small electric fan for air flow (hot flashes!!!)...you certainly can bring your fan. Don't bring an extension cord with a surge suppressor.....that is a no-no.

you people need to take a serious chill pill. it was a joke. the title of the thread is "sleeping with fans". I get the humor

Yes it was a joke... a very easy one that I'm sure a dozen folks saw the opportunity for, but decided against. I appreciate humor, have even attempted it myself on occasion here. BUT, when it's every single post from someone (and I'm not naming names ;) ) It becomes annoying. I have absolutely nothing against folks making a "funny" on here. I do it myself. But "in moderation" is the way to go. Imagine if only 25% of us here on CC posted a one liner three out of four times we posted. This site would be all but useless in regard to its intended purpose. Moderation. That's all I'm suggesting. And no, I don't need a chill pill... was never angry for even a nano-second.:)

My husband is my biggest fan...and I sleep with him EVERY night! But, I also bring a small electric fan for air flow (hot flashes!!!)...you certainly can bring your fan. Don't bring an extension cord with a surge suppressor.....that is a no-no.
Nice job of mixing a little humor with serious content. THAT's how it should be done. Kudos. :)

No, that's not funny.

I like that song, btw! But you forgot to give the author credit and I know how you hate that. ;)